GUILTY NM - Albuquerque, UID child buried at playground, May'09 - Tyruss Toribio

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Police are investigating the death of a boy whose body was found Friday buried in the sand of an Albuquerque playground.

Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz said during a late night news conference that police have had no reports of missing children in the last 24 hours and he asked the public for help in identifying the boy.

The boy was wearing a red shirt with the image of a four-wheel drive truck on the front, black nylon pants with red stripes and black shoes.

The investigation began Friday afternoon when a mother who took her children to Alvarado Park spotted a shoe buried in the sand at the playground.

Forensic experts are working to remove the body and comb the scene for any evidence.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520372,00.html

More information and pictures of the shirt he was wearing: http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S933199.shtml?cat=500

The victim was clothed in a red, short-sleeved t-shirt with a 4x4 truck design and Sketchers-type tennis shoes that are black with white and lime stripes. The victim’s socks are described as short, white socks. The body was also wearing black, nylon running pants styled like sweatpants with a red stripe.

Cops believe that the boy may be missing from the neighborhood.

APD is also looking for a woman who was seen in the park between 6 and 9 p.m. Thursday with four kids. She is described as a very thin white woman in her early 30s with light brown, wavy hair. A witness told police she had four kids with her ages 3-10; a 10-year-old boy with jeans and a red shirt, a three-year-old girl with a pink and purple top, jeans and a ponytail, and another boy and girl between the ages of five and eight.

A mother taking her children to the playground sees a shoe buried in the sand and stumbles on the body of a young boy. No child is reported missing.

The park, Alvarado Park in northeast Albuquerque is a few blocks south of Interstate 40 and about halfway between San Mateo and San Pedro.

The boy is described as:

3-5 years old
About 40 inches tall
Straight, short dark hair
Skecher tennis shoes, black with silver and lime-green stripes
Black nylon running pants or sweat pants
Red short-sleeve shirt with red, 4x4 truck with oversized tires on it

The body was buried in loose sand for no more than 48 hours.
Police also want to talk to a woman with four kids who was seen in the park Thursday evening.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/crime_krqe_albuquerque_police_unearth_body_of_child_2009005152119

A mother taking her children to the playground sees a shoe buried in the sand and stumbles on the body of a young boy. No child is reported missing.

The park, Alvarado Park in northeast Albuquerque is a few blocks south of Interstate 40 and about halfway between San Mateo and San Pedro.

The boy is described as:

3-5 years old
About 40 inches tall
Straight, short dark hair
Skecher tennis shoes, black with silver and lime-green stripes
Black nylon running pants or sweat pants
Red short-sleeve shirt with red, 4x4 truck with oversized tires on it

The body was buried in loose sand for no more than 48 hours.
Police also want to talk to a woman with four kids who was seen in the park Thursday evening.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/crime_krqe_albuquerque_police_unearth_body_of_child_2009005152119

OMG! How horrible. No words for this one.

This is so sad. I have take my own children to this park and I am kinda baffled by this one. This is a very busy park, there are always alot of people there. I don't think he could have been there too long without anybody noticing him. The fact that there are no reported missing children here in Albuquerque leads me to believe this was probably a parent that was responsible for his death. Prayers going up for this little boy.

This is awful. I can't see this being anything other than foul play although the police have not yet called this a homicide investigation.
If it turns out to be a homicide, which it seems like it will, what would make a person dump a child's body at a park/playground, where other children might discover it? That just seems even more heinous. Or is it possible that whomever did this had a twisted sense of remorse about the death and put them where they knew/assumed the child liked to play?
I guess it is pointless to speculate until more details come out, but this is just so sad, especially since they are having to put so much effort into ID'ing the child. What a tragedy.

This is so sad. I have take my own children to this park and I am kinda baffled by this one. This is a very busy park, there are always alot of people there. I don't think he could have been there too long without anybody noticing him. The fact that there are no reported missing children here in Albuquerque leads me to believe this was probably a parent that was responsible for his death. Prayers going up for this little boy.

Thank you for that information. I was wondering about how busy this park is. I agree that a parent or caretaker is most likely responsible if it is true no missing child reports have been filed.

OMG, how awful! Thank God he was found by an adult and not a child.

I wish they would mention if there were any visible injuries.

I agree Lovejac, this little boy's body could have easily been found instead by a child.

I have to take a deep sigh today, my patience is wearing thin again with the parents who abuse or murder or otherwise dispose of their deceased children without respect or dignity.

I may need to take another break. May the angels wrap their arms around this child and may his name be known soon. It drives me to distraction when a child's name is unknown.

OMG, how awful! Thank God he was found by an adult and not a child.

I wish they would mention if there were any visible injuries.

The fact that police won't say whether there are any visible injuries..

Schultz would not say whether there were any wounds on the body.

leads me to believe that there are. :(

Obviously the parent/s are involved, otherwise a missing child would have been reported. Surely a Grandparent, Aunt, Uncle, friend or someone knows that this child is missing. How can you not miss a child for 24-48 hours?

Momtective I was hoping that he has already attended school. Pre-k or K teachers might recognize that they have a child that is missing school. That could lead to his identification possibly.

Momtective I was hoping that he has already attended school. Pre-k or K teachers might recognize that they have a child that is missing school. That could lead to his identification possibly.

If he's in preschool though, I think most preschools are already out for the summer. I know my daughters is, at least (it ended last week). Kindergarten would be a different story though.

Also, I'm hoping maybe neighbors will come forward and say they haven't seen him in a few days, or something.

However, LE is now saying he could've been dead for less than 48 hours, which means it may still take some time for anyone (teachers, if he's in school, grandparents, neighbors, etc) to even notice he's missing. I think the key here is as soon as they are able to identify him..I would be willing to bet whoever is responsible for his death will be found as well (like, his parents).

I'm hoping it won't take long to ID him also Kaylynn. It's been so many years since mine were in pre-K thanks for the heads up on the schedule for them. I was grabbing for ideas, in the event that he isn't quickly identified.

I agree that his parent(s) are at the top of my list as of right now as suspect(s).

May God hold him in the palm of his hand. That is the absolute only thing that lends me any kind of comfort.

I hope they find the people that did this to him and they get exactly what's coming to them. I swear. Hell must be getting pretty crowded.

Just throwing this out there....
Do any think that perhaps children were burying each other?
Maybe nobody realized this one was completely buried and he was smothered?
(This is my fear when I see children doing this)

It does not answer why he was not reported missing...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hkNyDpeAZfx9vskglAZhOrZAYakQD987ETDG2

31 minutes ago

Boy found buried in NM park still unidentified

...An autopsy was conducted Saturday on the body of an unidentified small child found buried in the sand of a public park playground...

...No one has stepped forward as parent, guardian or caretaker or any other relationship with this child," police spokesman John Walsh said Saturday...

...The autopsy at the New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator began at 9 a.m. Saturday, Walsh said...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back