Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Continue here.

Thread One:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83880"]Police: 3 Found Dead in Illinois Home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Two:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84162"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Three:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84242"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

From one newspaper report:

"One neighbor saw him flailing his arms as two police officers restrained him by the shoulders."

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/124/story/554342.html

I can only imagine a person had to be "restrained" by officers because they were trying to go somewhere they were not allowed.

It could mean that. It could also mean they were trying to calm him down ie. so as not to harm himself (especially if he was hitting the ground as someone said). At one time I worked on an ambulance. We (or the police) often had to restrain family members who were very upset. It is not safe to have someone out of control at a scene. You just never know what someone under stress may do...they could harm themselves or others (ie. blaming someone for the incident and trying to assault them), going into shock (very dangerous), interfering with those on scene (running back into the house), jumping in their car and taking off when they are not fit to do so...there's all sorts of reasons they could have needed to restrain him.

lol, sorry Kimster. Do we need to delete one?

O/T is anyone else having copy and pasting issue with WS links? They look one way on the reply screen, then post differentlyafter you hit submit. Sometimes changing the link to a hyperlinked title of a thread.

And in another thread reply, a word hyperlinked, but it posted just fine.

Greetings Analytical,

Sheesh, wrinkles, I am *not* posting unsubstantiated rumors. I gleaned that from the many articles that have been posted.

When I question the validity of what someone has posted, I myself "vet" that with Google.

Why do I feel as if I am on trial here? <sheesh!>

All I'm looking for is a resource -- that's all. Google did not show any such resource for the 7 hours of questioning or for the restrained going into the house. If they are true, I'm just trying to get a resource for them so that we can factor that into scenarios with some type of assurance that they are reasonably correct.

W

lol, sorry Kimster. Do we need to delete one?

O/T is anyone else having copy and pasting issue with WS links? They look one way on the reply screen, then post differentlyafter you hit submit. Sometimes changing the link to a hyperlinked title of a thread.

And in another thread reply, a word hyperlinked, but it posted just fine.

We're good! I saw that you had already started this thread before I'd even began. I did email first, though.

I haven't had any problems. I did see others posted that things weren't working right for them, however.

I can't wait to come here and find out CC has been arrested for these horrible murders. As a parent, I just cannot imagine what would possibly possess someone to do something like this. It makes me sick.

Thanks to all who add excellent commentary and food for thought to this thread. I read it numerous times a day.

Hoping for an arrest soon!

Greetings Analytical,

All I'm looking for is a resource -- that's all. Google did not show any such resource for the 7 hours of questioning or for the restrained going into the house. If they are true, I'm just trying to get a resource for them so that we can factor that into scenarios with some type of assurance that they are reasonably correct.

W
I would have to assume he was accompanied by LE when he went to the hospital. After he was released, I do believe he was taken to the station for further questioning. He hired his attorney in the afternoon, but no time was given. 7 hours would be around 2:00 pm. This could be correct.

I recall seeing a post from another board that mentioned the 7 hours of questioning, but it has not been confirmed by LE. However, Major Connor did say in an interview (while the reporter was talking about why her family was not called by Chris for 48 hours) that Chris was at their headquarters during that time. (I don't have the link to the video tho.)

I hate to loose the flow. Does anyone have a comment about my last post on the last thread? Does anyone else think it's possible the alleged 'threat' could have been a cover-up by Chris, to his wife, about his affair?

Just a thought,
fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife
I have to ask a question regarding the "threat letters". Is there a record made, at LE, of complaints made by the Coleman's? Does LE have past letters that were "mailed" to this family? Was this family ever under watch by LE regarding their safety? Something bothers me here.

Thanks.....

OL, I don't have a link right now, but I have read that Sheri even contacted the school about the alleged threats. It was probably so they'd keep an extra eye on the boys.

LE did say the family had contacted them because they wanted it 'documented.'

So read into that what you will.

FWIW, I've had thoughts that, could it be possible that Chris' g/f or someone else may have sent the wife a letter about his infidelities and this was Chris' story, someone was out to get him, it was bs, trying to cause him trouble? This sounds totally like a concocted story a cheater might make up to get himself out of *hot water.*

Working on that premis, could it be possible that Sheri found out it was all a hoax and that's what was the catalyst of the FINAL ROUND?

Interesting,
fran

PS....I have seen cases where that is exactly what happened, the wife received an anonymous letter telling on her husband. IE......Kathleen Salvio found out about Stacy from someone at the police dept., telling her she was the laughing stock because Drew had a younger g/f........fran

I would have to assume he was accompanied by LE when he went to the hospital. After he was released, I do believe he was taken to the station for further questioning. He hired his attorney in the afternoon, but no time was given. 7 hours would be around 2:00 pm. This could be correct.

I recall seeing a post from another board that mentioned the 7 hours of questioning, but it has not been confirmed by LE. However, Major Connor did say in an interview (while the reporter was talking about why her family was not called by Chris for 48 hours) that Chris was at their headquarters during that time. (I don't have the link to the video tho.)

IIRC, I believe it was 5 hours before the family was notified and I think Chris was with LE then. IMHO, LE had to have gotten the family's phone number from someone. My bet is on Chris.

Also, fwiw, LE would have let him call her family. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet they WANTED him to call them. They WANTED to see what he said, how he said it.

Bottom line is, LE called them.................telling, VERY telling,

JMHO
fran

I do believe it was on this forum somewhere around Sunday a week ago that someone made mention of Chris being somehow connected to Air Force One.

I've google'd those terms and Websleuths but can't find the post.

The closest I found is a post by myself citing a newspaper source.
=========================
"Chris Coleman is the son of Pastor Ron Coleman of Grace Church in Chester. Chris graduated from Chester High School in 1995 and joined the United States Marine Corps and was a K-9 handler in the military assigned to the United States Secret Service. He married his wife Sheri in August of 1997."

This is the most likely explanation of a Quantico, VA address .. Coleman's assignment with the Secret Service.

http://www.suntimesnews.com/2/news/2...0506police.htm

Also, "Chris is the director of the private security department for Joyce Meyer Ministries. Neighbors told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Coleman&#8217;s family had been receiving threatening letters in their mailbox and those threats dealt with Coleman&#8217;s job."

IIRC, I believe it was 5 hours before the family was notified and I think Chris was with LE then. IMHO, LE had to have gotten the family's phone number from someone. My bet is on Chris.

Also, fwiw, LE would have let him call her family. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet they WANTED him to call them. They WANTED to see what he said, how he said it.

Bottom line is, LE called them.................telling, VERY telling,

JMHO
fran
I haven't seen anything about it being 5 hours before police notified the family. The only mention I have seen is that Chris did not call them for 48 hours.

I hate to loose the flow. Does anyone have a comment about my last post on the last thread? Does anyone else think it's possible the alleged 'threat' could have been a cover-up by Chris, to his wife, about his affair?

Just a thought,
fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife
I have to ask a question regarding the "threat letters". Is there a record made, at LE, of complaints made by the Coleman's? Does LE have past letters that were "mailed" to this family? Was this family ever under watch by LE regarding their safety? Something bothers me here.

Thanks.....

OL, I don't have a link right now, but I have read that Sheri even contacted the school about the alleged threats. It was probably so they'd keep an extra eye on the boys.

LE did say the family had contacted them because they wanted it 'documented.'

So read into that what you will.

FWIW, I've had thoughts that, could it be possible that Chris' g/f or someone else may have sent the wife a letter about his infidelities and this was Chris' story, someone was out to get him, it was bs, trying to cause him trouble? This sounds totally like a concocted story a cheater might make up to get himself out of *hot water.*

Working on that premis, could it be possible that Sheri found out it was all a hoax and that's what was the catalyst of the FINAL ROUND?

Interesting,
fran

PS....I have seen cases where that is exactly what happened, the wife received an anonymous letter telling on her husband. IE......Kathleen Salvio found out about Stacy from someone at the police dept., telling her she was the laughing stock because Drew had a younger g/f........fran

Fran, I can't explain the reason why, but this bothers my. Alot. The timing, the fact that CC is in surveillance and controlled the equipment, and how nothing was ever "seen" by the camera facing the mailbox. I truly wish I could put my finger on the why it bugs me, but my gut tells me something is very wrong here and that it was, indeed, nothing short of a ruse.

Well, I have to admit, there is a K9 unit of the secret service and of protection of the President.

http://www.pbase.com/thpproductions/ss

Kinda' makes one wonder though, IF Chris Coleman was in fact a member of this unit, why he didn't stay in the service? or, at the least, as a Federal employee. These types of positions are NOT that easy to get. Even CIA has very strict rules, etc,...............NOT the least to mention as another poster brought out, HIGH government clearance. You would have thought he would have used that as a stepping stone for a career.

Sorry, regular security people aren't exactly my idea of a 'move in the right direction' career wise.

JMHO
fran

Just my opinion....I believe that CC premeditated the entire thing as sad as it sounds. But, he is very smart & I believe that the threats and all were to help LE look someone other than at him when the murders occurred. He knew he would be the first suspect. That's why he called LE for a "welfare check" only shortly after he had left. He was only supposely at the gym, why not drive back home to check on HIS FAMILY as soon as he supected something wrong???

Fran, I can't explain the reason why, but this bothers my. Alot. The timing, the fact that CC is in surveillance and controlled the equipment, and how nothing was ever "seen" by the camera facing the mailbox. I truly wish I could put my finger on the why it bugs me, but my gut tells me something is very wrong here and that it was, indeed, nothing short of a ruse.

OL,............You're not the only one that thinks this threat thing is HOKEY!

Listen, he was SUPPOSED to have been part of the detail to guard the ehh *cough, cough* Pres, his family had been allegedly threatened, he had been allegedly threatened.

So does he protect them?

No,.................he puts up a few cameras.:rolleyes:

Puhleez!!!!!!!

And how, pray tell, will a camera *protect anyone?*

They don't.

THE END
fran

Hello Bluenotes,

BTW, thanks for your earlier posts and the hunting around you did, also for your previous input -- I was looking for you :blowkiss:

Precisely -- people are restrained for all manner of reason, often so that they do not injure themselves or anyone else (or go somewhere or do something they ought not.) From what I can tell so far, based on articles and rumor, he was flailing and needed to be restrained -- he was not going "somewhere" and needed to be restrained but came out of the house and was flailing. I personally think there was a very probably ulterior motive to the flailing. But then I've beaten that horse nearly to death now :)

It could mean that. It could also mean they were trying to calm him down ie. so as not to harm himself (especially if he was hitting the ground as someone said). At one time I worked on an ambulance. We (or the police) often had to restrain family members who were very upset. It is not safe to have someone out of control at a scene. You just never know what someone under stress may do...they could harm themselves or others (ie. blaming someone for the incident and trying to assault them), going into shock (very dangerous), interfering with those on scene (running back into the house), jumping in their car and taking off when they are not fit to do so...there's all sorts of reasons they could have needed to restrain him.

Bluenotes, didn't you tell us your mate went to the viewing? It seems you mentioned they noted Chris saying "Thank you for travelling so far" or "coming" or some such -- but that your mate and others who attended with them were creeped out by what they felt was a lack of grieving or some such?

I don't want to put words in your mate's mouth (or their typing fingers) -- but might they provide us with a type of eyewitness account without exposing who they are? Did they attend with a group of people from an employment, or club, that knew Sheri and/or Chris? Did any of them, at that time, hear what we have heard in rumors? One person was rumored to have heard from Chris' mom that Sheri's jaw was broken, one person was rumored to have heard this from Chris himself. Was any such thing overheard by those of your mate/friends that were there?

I can fathom someone trying to calm themself to meet the public under such a circumstance, I can fathom someone being sedated to handle it -- given murders, but I don't get the feeling that those who you knew who attended got a "comfortable" feeling at all -- are these generally very discerning people? Can you, your mate, any of them give them further insight? Where was Chris for the time that they were there? Since the caskets did not appear to be open, what was the "viewing" -- to see the caskets, to express sympathy to Chris?

FINALLY -- do you happen to have the program from that viewing still?

W

SeriouslySearching said:
Is this really necessary? No one has persuaded me about anything. I will say it one more time...we don't KNOW for a fact anything about his personality, patterns, or behaviors yet.

We have not seen Chris in front of the cameras like we saw the other men who conveniently vanished their wives instead of getting divorces. They were not camera shy and seemed to enjoy the attention. Therefore, we cannot say he is an abuser, an egoist, narcissistic, controlling, or any of the above. He may have another type of personality altogether.

Still, it doesn't mean he did not kill his wife and family. I realize it is difficult for some to comprehend because they have not had the experience, but there are other personalities that kill. Not every wife is abused before she is murdered.

A regular reader who also works in book publicity sent me a copy of Why Do They Kill by David Adams, and it took me a long time to get through it, because it&#8217;s so sad, but it was fascinating and well worth the effort of muscling through one banal tragedy after another to learn what Adams and his research team found out about men who kill their wives or girlfriends. Adams and his team conducted in-depth interviews with 31 men who killed their wives or long-term girlfriends, and as a counterbalance, interviewed 20 women who were victims of attempted homicide by husbands or boyfriends. They also went back and read all the court transcripts, police reports and any other evidence about the murders, attempted murders, and preceding relationships in order to fill out a bigger picture of what exactly leads men to try to kill their wives.

Most of what they discovered violates cultural assumptions, but only some of it will surprise feminists. The biggest non-surprise (to feminists) is that the mythological wife-killer&#8212;a man who is generally a good husband but snaps when he discovers an infidelity&#8212;is a myth in every sense of the word. To the last one, the murders and attempted murders were the finale of a long history of increasingly violent domestic violence. In pretty much every situation, the man was attempting to control his wife or girlfriend through violence. Since it was an attempt to control, the violence escalated when the victim showed resistance, so unsurprisingly, most of the murders or attempted murders occurred after the victim left her abuser, made plans to leave him, or threatened to leave him. There were a few infidelities, but they were never the direct cause of the crime&#8212;most of the jealous killers made up the infidelity in their minds (some even accused their wives of having sex with male relatives like uncles or fathers, they were so out of their minds with paranoia) or attacked their ex-wives after the women terminated the relationship and moved on. Some of the killers were not jealous, but just killed or tried to kill because they were irate at losing their wives and the services/money they saw provided by their wives, but regardless of the nuances, across the board Adams paints a picture of men who feel that women are their property and who try to control their property through violence. Only one man seemed sincerely sorry at all that he&#8217;d objectified his wife repeatedly throughout their marriage in such a way.

Adams was interested in seeing how men who make the move to murder differ from the majority of abusers who don&#8217;t, and his research mostly points to the conclusion that the difference is in degree more than kind. Murder-minded abusers take the beliefs that they are entitled to control women further than most abusers, and they tend to be more violent than most and abuse more often than most. There are some surprising differences, but on the whole, men who try to kill their wives after a long period of abusiveness are just what you&#8217;d expect.

What surprised Adams was that women who are the victims of such severe abuse do differ significantly from women who are victims of lesser kinds of abuse in one big way&#8212;they&#8217;re all very realistic about what&#8217;s going on. Adams has a long history of working as an anti-DV activist and researcher, and he says that a lot of battered women are in denial about the situation, making excuses for their abuser and blaming themselves. But the women at this upper end of severely violent abuse all have a highly accurate take on the situation, which is that their abusers are the sole cause of the abuse, the abusers were trying to control them, and the women mostly report staying in the relationship out of a rational fear that their abusers would try to kill them or family members if they left. From the victim interviews, Adams paints a picture of a group of women that were basically kidnapping victims, held in captivity by their abusers and a society that all too often values saving marriage over saving women, and like kidnapping victims they cultivated a series of survival strategies that were a mix of compliance and resistance that varied according to the situation.

A lot of the women admit that they were in denial at the beginning of the relationship&#8212;since people still blame women for staying with abusers, it&#8217;s hard on the ego to admit that yours is a genuinely abusive relationship&#8212;but after awhile and it became more obvious that they weren&#8217;t in control of their situation, the women came around to blunt fear-and-survival mode. They still concealed their situation from others, but as much out of fear for the safety of others as out of shame. Many of the women pointed to the fact that their abusers quit apologizing for the abuse as the turning point for them in admitting that they were basically victims. Interestingly, once a woman admits that she&#8217;s not in control of her situation, it&#8217;s probably easier for her to start taking measures to leave and regain control over her situation, which can make the abuser start seeking other ways to control her, possibly through death threats or threatening her family. So being in denial is in itself a survival strategy.

The book is depressing but the microcosm of the dance between an individual man oppressing an individual woman has some larger implications that are worth examining, so even if you have to muscle through the depressing nature of the book, it&#8217;s well worth a read. (Amanda Marcotte)

-Why Do They Kill: Men Who Murder Their Intimate Partners by David Adams

http://pandagon.blogsome.com/2007/09/15/6047/

:parrot:

A regular reader who also works in book publicity sent me a copy of Why Do They Kill by David Adams, and it took me a long time to get through it, because it’s so sad, but it was fascinating and well worth the effort of muscling through one banal tragedy after another to learn what Adams and his research team found out about men who kill their wives or girlfriends. Adams and his team conducted in-depth interviews with 31 men who killed their wives or long-term girlfriends, and as a counterbalance, interviewed 20 women who were victims of attempted homicide by husbands or boyfriends. They also went back and read all the court transcripts, police reports and any other evidence about the murders, attempted murders, and preceding relationships in order to fill out a bigger picture of what exactly leads men to try to kill their wives.

Most of what they discovered violates cultural assumptions, but only some of it will surprise feminists. The biggest non-surprise (to feminists) is that the mythological wife-killer—a man who is generally a good husband but snaps when he discovers an infidelity—is a myth in every sense of the word. To the last one, the murders and attempted murders were the finale of a long history of increasingly violent domestic violence. In pretty much every situation, the man was attempting to control his wife or girlfriend through violence. Since it was an attempt to control, the violence escalated when the victim showed resistance, so unsurprisingly, most of the murders or attempted murders occurred after the victim left her abuser, made plans to leave him, or threatened to leave him. There were a few infidelities, but they were never the direct cause of the crime—most of the jealous killers made up the infidelity in their minds (some even accused their wives of having sex with male relatives like uncles or fathers, they were so out of their minds with paranoia) or attacked their ex-wives after the women terminated the relationship and moved on. Some of the killers were not jealous, but just killed or tried to kill because they were irate at losing their wives and the services/money they saw provided by their wives, but regardless of the nuances, across the board Adams paints a picture of men who feel that women are their property and who try to control their property through violence. Only one man seemed sincerely sorry at all that he’d objectified his wife repeatedly throughout their marriage in such a way.

Adams was interested in seeing how men who make the move to murder differ from the majority of abusers who don’t, and his research mostly points to the conclusion that the difference is in degree more than kind. Murder-minded abusers take the beliefs that they are entitled to control women further than most abusers, and they tend to be more violent than most and abuse more often than most. There are some surprising differences, but on the whole, men who try to kill their wives after a long period of abusiveness are just what you’d expect.

What surprised Adams was that women who are the victims of such severe abuse do differ significantly from women who are victims of lesser kinds of abuse in one big way—they’re all very realistic about what’s going on. Adams has a long history of working as an anti-DV activist and researcher, and he says that a lot of battered women are in denial about the situation, making excuses for their abuser and blaming themselves. But the women at this upper end of severely violent abuse all have a highly accurate take on the situation, which is that their abusers are the sole cause of the abuse, the abusers were trying to control them, and the women mostly report staying in the relationship out of a rational fear that their abusers would try to kill them or family members if they left. From the victim interviews, Adams paints a picture of a group of women that were basically kidnapping victims, held in captivity by their abusers and a society that all too often values saving marriage over saving women, and like kidnapping victims they cultivated a series of survival strategies that were a mix of compliance and resistance that varied according to the situation.

A lot of the women admit that they were in denial at the beginning of the relationship—since people still blame women for staying with abusers, it’s hard on the ego to admit that yours is a genuinely abusive relationship—but after awhile and it became more obvious that they weren’t in control of their situation, the women came around to blunt fear-and-survival mode. They still concealed their situation from others, but as much out of fear for the safety of others as out of shame. Many of the women pointed to the fact that their abusers quit apologizing for the abuse as the turning point for them in admitting that they were basically victims. Interestingly, once a woman admits that she’s not in control of her situation, it’s probably easier for her to start taking measures to leave and regain control over her situation, which can make the abuser start seeking other ways to control her, possibly through death threats or threatening her family. So being in denial is in itself a survival strategy.

The book is depressing but the microcosm of the dance between an individual man oppressing an individual woman has some larger implications that are worth examining, so even if you have to muscle through the depressing nature of the book, it’s well worth a read.

-Why Do They Kill: Men Who Murder Their Intimate Partners by David Adams

http://pandagon.blogsome.com/2007/09/15/6047/

:parrot:

Excellent post. Thank you, Kiki, for sharing it. :blowkiss:

Assuming the reporting is correct, this should clarify some of the details on the day of the murders, as relayed by Connors.
======================

"I can tell you he wasn't working that night," says Major Jeff Connor, Deputy Commander of the Major Case Squad. Connor says Christopher Coleman went to the gym to work out sometime Tuesday morning "We're not going to give any time frames or anything," says Connor. "He wasn't able to make contact with his wife, it was a little unusual."

"He contacted the police department and they went to the house and found the victims," says Connor. The discovery was made "just prior to the husband coming home."

Connor says Coleman has been interviewed, as a number of people have been, and he was released. "We don't have tabs on him or anything like that," says Connor.

Major Case Squad detectives continued a search of the property Wednesday night. But the home on Robert Drive in Columbia is not the only home under surveillance.

[RIDDLE ME THIS? .. why was the former home under watch by an "armed guard" ... was this an employee of JMM?]

A home where the Coleman family lived three years ago in south St. Louis County was also under watch by an armed guard. That home, when the Colemans lived in it, was owned by Joyce Meier Ministries. That is Christopher Coleman's employer. He worked as a security guard.

Neighbors in the Coleman's old neighborhood have fond memories of the family. "Really nice people," says Mike Houska. "They would cut the grass for the people next door here."

Houska couldn't understand why the Coleman's old home was being watched.

"Kinda weird. They haven't lived there for years," he says.[/B

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-triple-murder-9p-050609,0,4426293.story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members