10-Year-Old Girl Has Breast Cancer

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
The station said that the fifth-grader, Hannah Powell-Auslam, had a partial mastectomy to remove a tumor, but it still spread into her lymph nodes

snip

Doctors told the station she is the youngest breast cancer patient they know of

http://www.news4jax.com/health/19491954/detail.html

At 10 years old, Hannah Powell-Auslam should be enjoying her last few weeks of fifth grade, playing with her friends without a care in the world.

Instead, the Fullerton, Calif., girl is battling stage IIA breast cancer, also known as invasive ductal carcinoma, KCAL-TV repo
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520190,00.html

Bless her heart, I will pray for her and her family tonight. Thank you JBean, I never knew young girls could develop cancer at this age.

My sons best friend (a teenage male) had breast cancer....it seems to effect anyone age or sex

I wonder what's happening with us that it's happening earlier and to men? I know I have heard of men having it before, but it's rare.

God bless this little girl. I pray for a full recovery, health and happiness.

My sons best friend (a teenage male) had breast cancer....it seems to effect anyone age or sex

That's so right. Men should be more aware of that. Montell Williams said he had it as a younger man.

I feel so bad for this little girl and her family. I hope she can beat this.

This is really scary. I guess waiting to have a mammogram is out of the question these days. She is in my prayers.

Wow, I had no idea breast cancer could happen at such a young age! Bless her heart and her family. I will be praying for her.

I have worked in the medical field for all of my life and have never heard of a patient this young getting breast cancer - I mean, you wouldn't even have the fatty tissue at this age - wtf!!! Poor little girl!!!

Off topic but kinda funny (well really funny and embarassing), but when I started to develop breasts and first felt the fatty tissue starting to develop I thought it was all the bubble gum that I had swallowed throughout my life sticking to my chest wall and I NEVER EVER SWALLOWED BUBBLE GUM AFTER THAT..... Now that I think about it, it must have been the bubble gum, too, because they never did get all that much bigger after I stopped swallowing it.

I have worked in the medical field for all of my life and have never heard of a patient this young getting breast cancer - I mean, you wouldn't even have the fatty tissue at this age - wtf!!! Poor little girl!!!

Off topic but kinda funny (well really funny and embarassing), but when I started to develop breasts and first felt the fatty tissue starting to develop I thought it was all the bubble gum that I had swallowed throughout my life sticking to my chest wall and I NEVER EVER SWALLOWED BUBBLE GUM AFTER THAT..... Now that I think about it, it must have been the bubble gum, too, because they never did get all that much bigger after I stopped swallowing it.

:blowkiss: I used to swallow my gum too (still sometimes do) and it hasn't helped me at all.

http://www.ourlittlesweetpea.com/

This is Hannah's website if you all would like to follow her story. I feel so bad for her and her family, what a nightmare. I was diagnoised last yr at age of 33. You would be surprised at how many woman under 40 are being diagnoised with breast cancer. 80% of what is being diagnoised is NOT hereditary. I belong to a breast cancer forum and I am stunned almost daily by the newly diagnoised who are in their 20's! So sad.

Have you seen 10 year old girls lately? At least some are in full puberty at this age, and others have plenty of fatty tissue there (as is seen with man *advertiser censored*). There are a ton of chunky kids out there.

Not saying this is true of this little girl...she had ductal cancer...The ducts would be there even if she were prepubescent...She was just tremendously unlucky to have gotten this at this age.

I shouldn't have clicked this today.

My DD is almost 9 and I am already on an emotional ledge. I cannot imagine what this family is going through.

Prayers for her complete recovery. She looks like one tough cookie!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back