Anyone thinking that there will be a plea deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighNC

Reaction score
Based on BC's change of heart, and giving permanent custody, and the way that the order was written - i.e. "whatever penal institution in which he resides" and seemingly little about when he's out and living a normal life after acquittal, is he setting things up for a plea deal?

His side has been strangely quiet and the prosecution is still amassing evidence - but to me - either this is a ploy for sympathy - but - I still can't see "innocent guy" giving up his kids.

Hi Raleigh!

Hope you're well.

I don't think the custody order wording means anything wrt the criminal case. The wording of the most recent court order (i.e. "whatever penal institution...") is the same wording as the temporary custody order several months ago.

In essence not much has really changed, with the exception that since the parties worked out this "permanent" custody arrangement, no further custody hearings will occur until or unless there is a "significant change in circumstances" of the defendant that would warrant a new determination. So nothing has really changed--he's still in jail, the case is still pending trial, the kids continue to live with the Lister family, he still gets 2 phone calls a week with the kids, etc., etc.

And, as Star12 told us many months ago, in custody cases, there can always be a revisiting of the custody arrangement if a situation warrants it. Permanent is not exactly always permanent--it depends on the case.

As for the criminal case, no idea if he or his team would ever consider a plea deal and no idea if the prosecutor would even offer a deal. Personally, I hope no plea deal is offered by the prosecution--I believe they probably have a strong case and should take it all the way through.

Hi SG - all well here....

I guess you are right - the wording is boilerplate and if permanent doesn't really mean permanent, then we're back to square one.

Personally, I can't see his ego allowing a plea and him admitting that he did anything wrong.

We're closing in on one year after Nancy's murder,and he's been stewing in the slammer for many months now - wonder when we'll get a glimpse of a trial agenda......

And - the K&B website has been updated on the Cooper case - asking for dignity after posting that Cary Clique drivel - ha!

Investigation Tips

Kurtz & Blum represents Brad Cooper who stands accused of murder in the death of his wife, Nancy Cooper. Brad has consistently and adamantly declared that he is innocent of this horrible crime.

If you believe that you may have information that could be relevant to this investigation, we implore you to come forward and speak with us. Please call our offices at (919) 832-7700 and tell the receptionist that you have information about the Cooper investigation. To contact us via email, please use the form on the contact page of our website at http://www.kurtzandblum.com/.

Even if you have already spoken with the police, we ask that you share your information with us as well. At least one eyewitness came forward on several occasions to the Cary Police with significant information. She was ignored until, out of frustration with the lack of response, she brought her information to us. Only after we took it to the Cary Police, did they finally take her seriously. We are extremely grateful to those people who have stepped forward.

We hope that Brad will be afforded the same dignity and presumption of innocence that each of us would demand for ourselves.

http://www.kurtzandblum.com/CM/Investigation/Investigation-Tips.asp

Hi SG - all well here....

I guess you are right - the wording is boilerplate and if permanent doesn't really mean permanent, then we're back to square one.

Personally, I can't see his ego allowing a plea and him admitting that he did anything wrong.

We're closing in on one year after Nancy's murder,and he's been stewing in the slammer for many months now - wonder when we'll get a glimpse of a trial agenda......

And - the K&B website has been updated on the Cooper case - asking for dignity after posting that Cary Clique drivel - ha!

Investigation Tips

Kurtz & Blum represents Brad Cooper who stands accused of murder in the death of his wife, Nancy Cooper. Brad has consistently and adamantly declared that he is innocent of this horrible crime.

If you believe that you may have information that could be relevant to this investigation, we implore you to come forward and speak with us. Please call our offices at (919) 832-7700 and tell the receptionist that you have information about the Cooper investigation. To contact us via email, please use the form on the contact page of our website at http://www.kurtzandblum.com/.

Even if you have already spoken with the police, we ask that you share your information with us as well. At least one eyewitness came forward on several occasions to the Cary Police with significant information. She was ignored until, out of frustration with the lack of response, she brought her information to us. Only after we took it to the Cary Police, did they finally take her seriously. We are extremely grateful to those people who have stepped forward.

http://www.kurtzandblum.com/CM/Investigation/Investigation-Tips.asp

(bf mine) And then she was dismissed by the court as not being credible. K&B - well, they are just doing what they were 'hired' to do.

SG - Yes about the permanancy of the Order - in fact, I believe that is memoralized in the Order - that if there is a substantial change of circumstances that custody can be revisited. However, I don't see that as a likely scenario. Just getting out of jail won't be enough, IMO, because he would have to be employed, provide suitable housing, automobile, education, etc.And I don't know if it would play into it or not, but he also has a debt to K&B for previous services (I am assuming) and I don't know what the bank will do about the shortfall in the mortgage. All doable, I am guessing, but not likely IMO because I think there will be a trial and a verdict of justice for Nancy.

I hope not - no deal !

For some reason I don't see this as being acceptable to Brad, I don't think he could agree to murdering his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10