826 users online (143 members and 683 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 131
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In my own reality...it's nicer here.
    Posts
    12,006

    2009.05.19*REVISIT* Gonzalez's attys have amended complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony

    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...inue.html#more

    Gonzalez's attorneys have amended their complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony, Casey's mother, of spreading the defamation on television, DeForest added. Kasen has 20 days to respond to the amended complaint, DeForest said.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,473
    Can somebody please explain to me what is happening----say like you are talkin to a---well, a 5 year old. I just can't grab it all.
    TIA
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)


    "THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,473
    Am reading here (now) [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84342"]2009.05.19. Casey Anthony Civil Hearing @ 10:00 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

    Maybe I can grab something. Thanks!
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)


    "THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    488
    I too am a bit confused. I watched the hearing this morning and heard nothing about CA. I'll admit that I was playing on pogo and also posting here. Maybe I'm not as good at multi-tasking as I thought?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,875
    I *think* that the amended motion to file for punitive damages included CA due to the statements she made at the end of the last depo when she was forced to admit to things she had said on TV in interviews about ZFG.

    Recall he wouldn't let her back down and forced her to admit that she DID NOT refute on tv that ZFG was involved? Right after she kept insisting that it wasn't THIS ZFG.

    It was right towards the end of her depo.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...inue.html#more

    Gonzalez's attorneys have amended their complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony, Casey's mother, of spreading the defamation on television, DeForest added. Jasen has 20 days to respond to the amended complaint, DeForest said.
    Good!:clap: I don't mean to sound mean, but CA did go on and on about how the nanny took Caylee and so on. There is much about Cindy that I don't trust and I just have a gut feeling she is the master mind of how the case became so bazaar. I don't think she knew Caylee was dead until after the fact, even though the more I read about her and listen to her transcripts the only other person I could believe would hurt Caylee would be Cindy, but in an accident. Now, Casey I would believe the worst.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,875
    Thanks to Chezhire who just posted this link on another thread. This was the CA depo thread and this post and others explains things a bit:

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3629451#post3629451"]Cindy's Deposition #3 *UPDATED* MOTION FILED - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    I *think* that the amended motion to file for punitive damages included CA due to the statements she made at the end of the last depo when she was forced to admit to things she had said on TV in interviews about ZFG.

    Recall he wouldn't let her back down and forced her to admit that she DID NOT refute on tv that ZFG was involved? Right after she kept insisting that it wasn't THIS ZFG.

    It was right towards the end of her depo.
    I understand why she would be included (doesn't surprise my one bit) but I didn't see/hear anything that specifically said she was included.

    Has the amended motion been filed (available document to view) or was it just brought up in court and we haven't seen the actual document yet?

    Sorry I feel like I missed something

  9. #9
    I am so happy that this has happened. I thought that both CA's and GA's demenour at the deposition was very low class. Even though they disagreed with the premise of the civil suit it did not give them the right to be so disrespectful.

    Hopefully now they will show some respect to the judicial system and realize just how serious it is to falsely accuse other people of murder. Heck, this could easily turn into a class action suit.

    Think about all the "people" they have named thus far:

    Jesse G. ("He keeps changing his story")
    Amy ("She could be Zanny")
    The tow yard for placing a dead body in the car after the car was towed
    The pizza shop that the pizza came from for claiming their pizza smelled like a dead body...
    The forces out to get Casey

    The possiblilities are endless

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,875
    Quote Originally Posted by nephers View Post
    I understand why she would be included (doesn't surprise my one bit) but I didn't see/hear anything that specifically said she was included.

    Has the amended motion been filed (available document to view) or was it just brought up in court and we haven't seen the actual document yet?

    Sorry I feel like I missed something
    Nothing official yet, but I expect we will see something between now & Thursday.

    This was not unexpected after Cindy's depo.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    Nothing official yet, but I expect we will see something between now & Thursday.

    This was not unexpected after Cindy's depo.
    Thank you. I've been ready all these posts that state it as fact and I really thought I missed something important.

    Yes it is very expected after Cindy's depo. She admitted that she was the one that kept the whole ZG did it theory going.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,088
    This is how I understand it, but I could be wrong - it's happened before. ZFG's attorneys amended their suit to include punitive damages. To provide a basis for doing this they included examples of intentional defamation rather than just negligence. One example was Cindy going on TV and not excluding ZFG as a suspect which she admitted during her deposition. I don't believe the statement on the Sentinel blog meant that Cindy was actually named as a party to the suit in the amendment, it was just poorly worded. Please read the following article: (snipped and bolded by me)

    Judge Jose Rodriguez approved Gonzalez's lawyer's motion to amend the complaint and assert their right to punitive damages.

    "I have to allow you to assert a request for punitive damages," Rodriguez said.

    According to Gonzalez's attorney, the amended lawsuit includes more examples of attempts by Anthony and her family to convince the public that Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.

    link for article: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19500744/detail.html

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,875
    Quote Originally Posted by nephers View Post
    Thank you. I've been ready all these posts that state it as fact and I really thought I missed something important.

    Yes it is very expected after Cindy's depo. She admitted that she was the one that kept the whole ZG did it theory going.
    Agree.

    That link I posted above to the CA depo thread had some really great legal input/thoughts about CA's responsibility in furthering the Nanny defense.

    If you have time to read through it, it's worth while.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    This is how I understand it, but I could be wrong - it's happened before. ZFG's attorneys amended their suit to include punitive damages. To provide a basis for doing this they included examples of intentional defamation rather than just negligence. One example was Cindy going on TV and not excluding ZFG as a suspect which she admitted during her deposition. I don't believe the statement on the Sentinel blog meant that Cindy was actually named as a party to the suit in the amendment, it was just poorly worded. Please read the following article: (snipped and bolded by me)

    Judge Jose Rodriguez approved Gonzalez's lawyer's motion to amend the complaint and assert their right to punitive damages.

    "I have to allow you to assert a request for punitive damages," Rodriguez said.

    According to Gonzalez's attorney, the amended lawsuit includes more examples of attempts by Anthony and her family to convince the public that Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.

    link for article: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19500744/detail.html

    That makes perfect sense.

    TY.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,160
    And don't forget on LKL CA said they believe there is a suspect other than KC who killed Caylee. So since they have not named another one but Zanny, I would think ZG would naturally feel she is not entirely off the hook as far as KC pointing her finger in ZG's direction. Just makes ZG's case that much strong I would think.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 654
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 07:06 PM
  2. 2009.07.28 Prosecution Deposes Cindy Anthony: Any thoughts??
    By shotzie in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 10:27 PM
  3. 2009.07.24 Hearing 1:30pm: George and Cindy Anthony MAY be back in court
    By salvarenga in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 10:04 AM
  4. Amended complaint - Ramseys v. Fox News
    By candy in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 05:03 PM

Tags for this Thread