SC SC - Maxwell Graham, 26, Pinewood, 8 Aug 1978

justthinkin

Reaction score
Title of thread should read missing 1976 or 1978.

This is a very tragic story for Maxwell Allen Graham's sisters. They lost both their parents in individual accidents weeks apart, and then several years later their brother disappeared.

Maxwell Allen Graham
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...m_maxwell.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1985dmsc.html

Lastly, here's a story about "Maxie" done in 2007.
http://www.superiorimageusa.com/mysu...ald_page1A.pdf

Scroll down to the second article on that page. There's also another picture of Maxie Graham.

There's a problem in that Maxie was born January 1950, went missing at age 26, and yet he's listed as having gone missing in 1978.

If indeed he went missing on Aug. 8, 1976, then that was the same night the Mystery Couple in SC were murdered or in the earliest hours of Aug. 9, 1976.

Are these two cases related?

I had trouble accessing 2 of the links I posted. Hope this resolves it if anyone else has the same problem.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/graham_maxwell.html

http://www.superiorimageusa.com/mysumterherald/071018/Sumter_Herald_page1A.pdf

Somebody somewhere knows something about Maxwell Graham. We just want to help bring Maxie home, and give his sisters some closure. It's just not right that they should forever have to wonder what happened to their brother.

Their family had already had enough tragedy. So please, if you know anything at all, I hope you will post here or join and PM one of us if you're not comfortable posting to the boards here.

Just want to see Maxie get a proper burial. So if you know where he is, a location is all we need or failing that a clue, last name of the Scott person, anything, no matter how small or insignificant.

I got curious with the possible Mystery Couple-connection, but this page says he was born in 1952:

(link removed)

:confused:

I hope he's found soon:blowkiss:

Mayfairlight, that link doesn't seem to be working. I keep getting a msg: File Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Nope, it's not working. It was before:waitasec:
I try find the page again and post with tinyurl...

Very odd. It was there an hour ago, now their pages are being removed:waitasec: Found the cached version:
http://tinyurl.com/o36qbu

Screenshot:
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3876/20916912.jpg

Maxie's own page is gone, how very strange. Well, it just said what schools he had attended, and also that his year of birth was 1952.

i think the dna needs to be done on maxie and john doe in sc. of course, we all know we are waiting on john doe's dna (i think). i do think there is enough of a similarity between the 2.
bluestarzz

i think the dna needs to be done on maxie and john doe in sc. of course, we all know we are waiting on john doe's dna (i think). i do think there is enough of a similarity between the 2.
bluestarzz

Which John Doe is that? I didn't find anyone in SC I thought were a match to Maxie. :)

Thanks, Mayfairlight. I sure didn't see that info the other day when I was checking for stuff to post here for Maxie. Hmmm.

I'm thinking the genealogy page has gotta be right about his age.

bluestarzz, no point in checking out dna between Maxie and the JD from Sumter, Aug. 9, 1976 because this Maxie would've still been living so it can't be him. I didn't think they were a match, but if the 2 JDs and Maxie might have been killed on the same night....well that could've proven interesting.

Thanks, Mayfairlight. I sure didn't see that info the other day when I was checking for stuff to post here for Maxie. Hmmm.

I'm thinking the genealogy page has gotta be right about his age.

bluestarzz, no point in checking out dna between Maxie and the JD from Sumter found Aug. 9, 1976 because this Maxie would've still been living so it can't be him. I didn't think they were a match, but if the 2 JDs and Maxie might have been killed on the same night....well that could've proven interesting. It's still kind of odd Maxie disappeared exactly 2 years later to the date of the murder.

Wonder if any of Maxie's pertinent information has been submitted to anywhere like NCIC, NAMUS, CODIS, etc.?

I am very interested in this subject since this is my uncle, he was born Jan 12th, 1950, there are lots of stories that I have herd, I just don't understand why this hasn't been solved yet, at one time my parents put up an award for any info provided about where uncle maxie was and still no answers, how is this possible? It was hinted that some "higher ups" were involved and that was why but its time for someone To step up and give the family some peace about this,. He has a memorial head peace in the cemetary but only his birthday is on it, not day of death since he has never been found, its sad..

I am very interested in this subject since this is my uncle, he was born Jan 12th, 1950, there are lots of stories that I have herd, I just don't understand why this hasn't been solved yet, at one time my parents put up an award for any info provided about where uncle maxie was and still no answers, how is this possible? It was hinted that some "higher ups" were involved and that was why but its time for someone To step up and give the family some peace about this,. He has a memorial head peace in the cemetary but only his birthday is on it, not day of death since he has never been found, its sad..

I'm so sorry. Sounds like they need to get searches going with cadaver dogs. The problem is where to start...

Wonder if any of Maxie's pertinent information has been submitted to anywhere like NCIC, NAMUS, CODIS, etc.?

Maxwell Graham NamUs MP # 5595 he has DNA
Maxwell "Maxie" Graham (1978)

There are a few good articles on Porchlite that say although he went to college; he had his own tree business. He also had his own home which was spotless when his sister(s) went there; 3 days later they found it ransacked. Sure sounds like someone was looking for something whether drugs or money.

Robin; according to an article that can be found on your uncles thread at Porchlight dated May 21, 2009 - 11:45 PM there were 2 persons of interest that are now deceased. Do you know who those 2 people are?

According to Captain James Turner, there are people
out there who know what happened to Maxwell
but were too afraid to come forward at that time.
Now that the two ‘persons of interest’ are dead, he
believes these people can finally speak out as to what
happened to him without being harmed. “These people
need to come forward so that the family can finally
have peace and closure in their life.”

Robin; according to an article that can be found on your uncles thread at Porchlight dated May 21, 2009 - 11:45 PM there were 2 persons of interest that are now deceased. Do you know who those 2 people are?

Also at the end of the Porchlight article it list to contact the Sumter Sheriffs Office with the phone number but the email address listed is to info@raysoutdoorsports.com. . Does this email address link to someone in your Graham family? Do we know what Ray's Outdoor Sports has to do with your missing uncle?

There is an article in the July 5, 1975 Sumter Daily Item that says he was convicted of MJ sales. I wonder if his disappearance is connected with local narcotics dealing.

At janewerf: The narcotic/drug theory has alway been the belief of most locals and family members about his disappearance. Maxie Graham was known to have ran with the big boys in town as a handler for quick money! I truly beleived Maxie Graham is the male victim in the 1976 murder case of the unidentified profile case in Sumter County. I wish DNA could be done to rule this in or out.

Several different reports has discrepancies in his age and dates mixed up! What is consistent is Maxie left on Augusta 8th, (either intentional or unintentional) misleading dates of 1976 or 1978 never to return to his home or family. (age: 26 or 38. Or Year born: 1950 or 1952)???
I believe Maxie Graham was killed along with an informant Cordelia McMinn (father worked fir DOJ in Oregon) in a drug smuggling scheme. I believe the the two people whom reported the 1976 murders used partial name identifications as a clue to who these people where. (Martin Durant and James Graham were the names of the two people who reported the crime of the unknown's in 1976. Micheal McMinn (Cordelia's husband) and the Durant guy ran off with both the money and drugs having to kill the only two witness, one being Cordelia McMinn the other being Maxie Graham. **These are just my opinions and personal research on both files that I was lead to this conclusion! **

I forget the names but one was uncle maxie's "best friend", using the term loosely, and he was in prison and died, someone in my family did go there and talk to him but he wouldn't give any information, I do know that shortly after the disappearance of my uncle, his "best friend" married my uncles girlfriend, and I understand that the law states that a married person does not have to testify against said husband or wife, pretty convenient I'd say

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back