944 users online (185 members and 759 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Where our Governors actually make our license plates

IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...nes-RIver.html

Thought it deserved it's own thread.

Thanks for starting this. I did post a link to a news site in the media thread, but didn't know if a regular thread should be started.

The news that we are hearing now is that it's partial remains, caucasian woman, possible clothing. Some poor guy fishing found the remains...I'm glad he found the remains, I just hope he's okay - can't imagine finding something like that. They are scouring the area because they think the rest of the remains are near. The news story I just heard states it could be three or four days to identify the body.

This is south of Joliet, near Channahon. You can see the marina area from the highway bridge. We've had a crapload of rain lately, the rivers have been really really high. Who knows...I guess not only the sea gives up their secrets, but small rivers in Illinois can too.

Now take this with a grain of salt - one of our buddies called us a little while ago (the same one that alerted us to the body being found about an hour before the news hit the radio stations) and said they are draining a quarry near about where Drew lives, but he didn't say which quarry, and I don't know how he got his news. He's usually pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrosmom View Post
    http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...nes-RIver.html

Thought it deserved it's own thread.
    This cannot be Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic. Too much time has passed for their remains to be called a "body," as unfortunate as that is.

Also, we've hung out at the Big Basin Marina, which is near where they discovered the body in the river. They have a bar there called Mugz's Hideout that is a bar that motorcycle enthusiasts like to hang out at. Just adding my local two cents...
    Last edited by dee10134; 05-20-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Local Knowledge...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

i heard on wbbm radio chicago that it is skeletonized remains of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by delaney View Post
    i heard on wbbm radio chicago that it is skeletonized remains of a woman.
    ----------
    I'm sure there are lots of people like me who when hearing about the woman's remains being found, wondering if it was skeletonized or badly decomposed. And, of course, we wonder if the remains are one of the missing women. I do hope that it is one of them so that the family will finally know something................I will be checking on this news, alot! Thanks.

On another site I have been reading where they know family members and friends of Stacy they are saying the remains are skeletal and only the lower half of the body has been found (sorry, grapic) clad only in panties. They are saying Stacy's family has been contacted by ISP about the remains. Why would ISP contact her family?

Also according to the site, they haven't contacted Lisa's family.Though they are saying that Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic investigators are at the scene and that Drew is being monitored as news is breaking.

It could be all speculation but I've found their site to be pretty accurate on Stacy information.

If Stacy was in a container and it broke apart, would the body be better preserved?
    IMO

All I've heard from Chicago stations is "Badly Decomposed" - too early to tell if it is or is not one of the two missing Will County women.

It would be lovely if either were finally found, but would be excellent if it were stacy seeing as Drew is finally behind bars. Perhaps Stacy made sure she was discovered now so that he'd pay for his actions. (sorry for those who don't believe in such things)

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    If Stacy was in a container and it broke apart, would the body be better preserved?
    -----------
    I was thinking along the same lines, wondering if the container broke apart and that would explain if the body was in better shape than expected for either woman. Of course, I also think about the family and loved ones of this poor woman, whoever she may be........very sad.

I do not believe the body(or part of) is skeletonized. The would not know so soon that it was that of a women. Must be somewhat intact.

Does appear to be a murder though, just not a drunk from the bar passing out and drowning.
    When God takes something from you, he is only opening your hands to receive something better!

This would be a fantastic week if they could seal the deal on both Coleman AND drEWWWW (the emphasis on ewwwww).

At any rate, someone whose loved ones are missing them has been found. God Bless whomever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by wenderella View Post
    I do not believe the body(or part of) is skeletonized. The would not know so soon that it was that of a women. Must be somewhat intact.

Does appear to be a murder though, just not a drunk from the bar passing out and drowning.
    Well, if true the remains had panties on, they may be basing this on that.

Quote Originally Posted by wenderella View Post

Breanna just posted that the remains they found had panties on. If this is fact I'd say that they found a female.

Tallcoolone just saw your post!

In The Forest With The Top Down

we had a news chopper flying over head, i think it will make local news at 9 and 10.

Any live links?

I find it interesting that ISP went so far to contact family.

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast