Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    "I wish I had $10,000 for every time insert ("dem guys") they pulled a body out of a(dat dare) river in the Chicago area," Brodsky said. "People will assume what they want to assume." Chicago Tribune today. (inserts mine)

I just love how this guy talks. I hope you eat your words Pal and get a tentative ID before his bond reduction hearing and Drew will be sticking to 3 squares for awhile. Like some others should, not naming names, just point out that the revolving doors at the WCC are not wide for your mouth and everything else.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pedrosmom For This Useful Post:

Removing the remains late last night and an autopsy this AM. They are moving quick on this. Usually it takes longer.

The Trib is downplaying any possible connections. But they give one little bit of info that is interesting.

Joel found time out of his busy schedule to visit DrewP at the jail last night. But of course when he talked with the media he was "unfazed" by what they call "speculation" over who the remains might be. So I don't know, ya think maybe that late night visit to the jail was to discuss trial strategy?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1221131.story

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

As far as comparing these remains to either Stacey or Lisa, remember, 1/2 the dna testing is already done. They've already developed Stacey's and Lisa's dna, they only need to develope the dna profile for the skeletal remains now and see if they match.

Anyone from that area,.........have you read Sandra Bellinger's prediction on where she thought Stacey was placed in the water? Is it plausible this could be Stacey, washed down from where Sandra said she was put into the water? Wasn't there something about locks or gates or something?

If this turns out to be either one of these poor women, I'm going to be shocked beyond belief. IF Stacey, it would have the same implications as when Laci/Conner were found, the proof of murder appearing at the 11th hour. IF Lisa, same thing, IMO. Then Illinois would be rocking from high-profile wife murder trials. Because IF this turned out to be Lisa, that would be the impetus to finally arrest the main suspect in her disappearance, her husband Craig.

Whoever it turns out to be, a family somewhere is going to finally get an answer on what happened to their loved one. As horrible as it is to find out their loved one is dead, it's the NOT knowing that is worse.

JMHO
    fran

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Sandra said Dresden Locks which is farther west, its doubtful if a container were being dragged west and got to Dresden Locks that it could somehow be moved back upstream to where these remains were found.

Hopefully its Stacy and Sandra was just wrong.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kikid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    In case some of you forgot Sandra Bellinger here is her site regarding Stacy.......

http://www.heliumraven.com/
    Thanks for reminding me, I spent a lot of time re reading her. So facinating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    I saw the video showing the two officers carrying the body bag containing the remains, and you can tell by the way they're carrying it - with no effort on their part - that the remains aren't heavy, and more likely just bones.

In some respects, this points more to the remains being either Stacy or Lisa. It's been almost two years since Lisa disappeared, and a year and a half since Stacy disappeared. We wouldn't expect there to be much left.

But, with only a portion of the body/bones intact, I would expect the search by LE to take at least several days, if not more. I would think they'll put divers in the water in an effort to find more of the remains.

Searching the river bank
    (Tribune photo by Zbigniew Bzdak / May 20, 2009)
    Investigators comb the bank along the Des Plaines River near where human remains were found, in Channahon, Ill.
    JMO

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...te-police.html

We've been called," said Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family. "We're in contact by phone. We're just waiting to hear more information. For confirmation though, they said it's going to be a little bit of time."

Melanie Greenberg, a spokeswoman for Lisa Stebic's family, said: "If it is [her], the overwhelming feeling would be relief that we found her and that there is resolution."
    JMO

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

I wonder what DP's reaction was to the finding of the body. This will bring closure to some family.

I was shocked when I read it and feel like I won't be able to get anything done today.
    Sitting. on. hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    In case some of you forgot Sandra Bellinger here is her site regarding Stacy.......

http://www.heliumraven.com/
    Thank you. I was going to ask where this was in conjunction to the place Sandra was telling them to check, the locks wasn't it? Is this area anywhere near the locks?

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Carolina Girl, I'm wondering when we will learn something new about this, even a cursory ID. If they can't ID the panties or anything else they found they didn't mention to the media, a DNA test might take what 3 days at the quickest? I just hope we learn something soon, especially as the timing could be crucial and maybe the GJ would reconvene again. I don't know how that works.
    Hi, I am sure they do have both womens DNA. They need to compare them. I don't think it takes long. Hopefully we will know in the next few days. May whoever it is rest in peace.

LE is not admitting to finding underwear on the remains. But I have been thinking about that.

The remains are decomposed to the point that they are disarticulating. From what I have been seeing, what remains of the body is the lower torso and maybe upper thighs. Those are reduced to skeletons, to bones. So how did the underwear come to be intact and still recognizable? And it didn't fall off?

Gotta admit that is bugging me.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

If there's anything more to be found as far as remains go, I hope they find them today. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow evening which may or may not help. I think it's all the rain and wet that we've had that probably brought the remains to surface. There are parts of the Des Plaines that are hella deep, and others not so much. Whoever put her there was looking for deep, but didn't count on river strength and weather. Which is good, mind you.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry Baby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Baby View Post
    If there's anything more to be found as far as remains go, I hope they find them today. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow evening which may or may not help. I think it's all the rain and wet that we've had that probably brought the remains to surface. There are parts of the Des Plaines that are hella deep, and others not so much. Whoever put her there was looking for deep, but didn't count on river strength and weather. Which is good, mind you.

I also thought all the rain we've had recently may have contributed to this discovery. Devine intervention perhaps? We can always use a bit of that, IMO!!

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TallCoolOne For This Useful Post:

My apologies if this is already posted, but did you guys see where they found a blue barrel just downstream from the remains???

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6824563

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amandab For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast