Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Unidentified Body of **UPDATE MALE** pulled from DesPlaines River May 20

Ok, here is some circumstantial information for everyone not familiar with Big Basin. The bar, Mugz's Hideout, has a lot of patrons who ride motorcycles, so DP would have been familiar with the marina if he rode with friends in the area. Hell, he and I may have crossed paths there before (SHUDDER). There's a polar bear plunge there every New Year's Day, mostly bikers show up for the event.

It's very isolated and you get there by driving down a frontage road.

You can see the I-55 bridge over the river from the marina and bar, so someone could also have dropped a body from that bridge. It's a HUGE bridge.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dee10134 For This Useful Post:

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:

OT - hi Michigirl! Looks like we're neighbors.

Plus the blue barrel so close to the body. I really hope it is Stacy. I followed Sandra's website too.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ckwood32 For This Useful Post:

When will preliminary results be in???

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ckwood32 For This Useful Post:

Kat

Hi Amandab! See, not everyone has left Michigan, lol!

Location of remains

I found the exact location of the remains that were found by searching live maps. The first image is from a news video online. The other three show the location.

From Bollingbrook Rte 55 goes directly south to the bridge near Channahon. The remains are just west of that bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwood32 View Post
    When will preliminary results be in???
    They didn't say on the newscast I watched. I'm not sure how long it would take for them to determine male vs female remains. If I understand correctly they're not saying male or female, but some reports have speculated female. Other than determining gender I'm not sure what else would be available before DNA comes back.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disguiseduser0308 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dee10134 View Post
    Ok, here is some circumstantial information for everyone not familiar with Big Basin. The bar, Mugz's Hideout, has a lot of patrons who ride motorcycles, so DP would have been familiar with the marina if he rode with friends in the area. Hell, he and I may have crossed paths there before (SHUDDER). There's a polar bear plunge there every New Year's Day, mostly bikers show up for the event.

It's very isolated and you get there by driving down a frontage road.

You can see the I-55 bridge over the river from the marina and bar, so someone could also have dropped a body from that bridge. It's a HUGE bridge.
    Thanks for that Dee, Are there any other bridges in that area? With severe flooding could it be possible for the barrel to be washed from a bridge and end up there?

A dam was mentioned but it is downstream, right? I could see Drew dumping the barrel on the lake side of the dam, which would be upstream {every dam makes a lake behind it where the water builds up} because that is where the water would be the deepest.

I think he never expected this barrel to surface if it is Stacy. I think he put it where he thought the water was the deepest so it would never see the light of day again. IMO

Will have to see the logistics of this to see what fits and how it could have happened. This case has certainly turned into one needing some serious Sleuthing.

So many posters here this morning have talked about the families of Stacy, Lisa and probably the other missing person alluded to. I just want to say I concur with heartfelt feelings for them all as they go thru this waiting process. xox

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Blue barrel upstream was NOT a rumor. I saw the photos the Channahon resident took on the news this morning. They had a phone call with her. She couldn't get to the barrel because it was across the river in an inaccessible area.
    I believe you guys. I was just typing out what she had to say - it's entirely possible that LE does and/or has more info than they are willing to give out right now and somebody was steering Jacobson elsewere. Considering the reporter...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    In case some of you forgot Sandra Bellinger here is her site regarding Stacy.......

http://www.heliumraven.com/
    I'm late reading here but wanted to add this that was posted by Sandra
    in October 2008:
    "I would like to add that due to the recent flooding caused
    by Hurricane Ike in the general vicinity of the Dresden Dam it is important
    that the river banks of the Des Plaines
    and Illinois be searched for any
    possible trace of Stacy that may have washed up and been left behind when
    the waters subsided."

Notice the bold part!!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harleysnana For This Useful Post:

If these remains do turn out to be Stacy, EVP Sandra B. was very close.

She stated that Stacy was at the same location Bob Piest was found..........he was one of the young men killed by John Wayne Gayce (sp) and dumped off the 55 bridge. That bridge was rebuilt after that happened.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marsha For This Useful Post:

Wow, thanks for the great maps, really gives you an idea how desolate this area would be. He (alledgedly) has his bro's help loading the barrel, but what about when it came time to unload it, did he simply roll it off the truck and into an accessible part of the shore, or was able to back up to an area upstream, possibly right up to the bank and push it off the tailgate and into the water? Really horrible to even think this through so matter of factly, ugh.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michigirl For This Useful Post:

lets not forget...

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post
    Rachel Marie Mellon Skemp
    from boilingbrook.
    I am having doubts about it being Stacy or Lisa.............but lets not forget about Rachel missing from the area also............I am waiting to hear, if they were able to tell, if the remains are female, as to weather or not they were pregnant at one time.......which would tell me its not Rachel.

ALL MOO AND ASSUMPTIONS.
    +
    Anneliese Michel

[second chapter twelfth verse of Philippians]
    ["Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling"]

Emily Rose

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:

wow this site about Stacy hits dead on http://www.heliumraven.com/

Quote Originally Posted by joyce D View Post
    Yeah if this is Stacy Sandra was very close.

Not that it really matters but this is an article about the guy who found the remains. He was asked by police not to answer any questions about what he saw. From this article he seems like a really good guy.

http://www.livinglandsandwaters.org/About/chad.htm

28. The Following User Says Thank You to stillblv For This Useful Post:

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    The remains "could be anyone," said Illinois State Police Lt. Carl Anderson. Authorities still would not say if they believed they were male or female.

Some clothing was found with the remains, he said. Other sources identified the clothing as blue jeans.

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-body...,4038321.story
    I wish they'd release what type of clothing was found.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post:

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    They didn't say on the newscast I watched. I'm not sure how long it would take for them to determine male vs female remains. If I understand correctly they're not saying male or female, but some reports have speculated female. Other than determining gender I'm not sure what else would be available before DNA comes back.
    They can tell right away if the pelvis is intact. Males and females have different shaped pelvis'.
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dee10134 For This Useful Post:

From chicagobreakingnews report, "The remains were found along the banks of the river near Channahon, just west of Interstate Highway 55, an area where searchers have looked for Peterson since she disappeared Oct. 28, 2007." Does anyone know why it is here specifically that they've searched all along for Stacy--vs another area of the river eg, or vs for Lisa, other missing persons etc? The fact the remains were recovered evidently right where they expected to find Stacy makes me somewhat more hopeful that it is her. ETA Ie was search targeted there based upon cellphone activity or some other specified reason? (It isn't reported that this area was scoured for Lisa's remains, eg.)

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Thanks for that Dee, Are there any other bridges in that area? With severe flooding could it be possible for the barrel to be washed from a bridge and end up there?

A dam was mentioned but it is downstream, right? I could see Drew dumping the barrel on the lake side of the dam, which would be upstream {every dam makes a lake behind it where the water builds up} because that is where the water would be the deepest.

I think he never expected this barrel to surface if it is Stacy. I think he put it where he thought the water was the deepest so it would never see the light of day again. IMO

Will have to see the logistics of this to see what fits and how it could have happened. This case has certainly turned into one needing some serious Sleuthing.

So many posters here this morning have talked about the families of Stacy, Lisa and probably the other missing person alluded to. I just want to say I concur with heartfelt feelings for them all as they go thru this waiting process. xox
    There are bridges all over the area because Big Basin is where the Des Plaines and Kankakee Rivers converge. It is quite possible that due to the flooding of the Des Plaines and the movement of the barges, that a barrel that was meant to stay underwater could have been unearthed.

Prayers for this woman and her family, whomever they are.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dee10134 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kiki the parrot View Post
    From chicagobreakingnews report, "The remains were found along the banks of the river near Channahon, just west of Interstate Highway 55, an area where searchers have looked for Peterson since she disappeared Oct. 28, 2007." Does anyone know why it is here specifically that they've searched all along for Stacy--vs another area of the river eg or vs for Lisa or other missing persons? The fact the remains were recovered evidently right where they expected to find Stacy makes me somewhat more hopeful that it is her.

It's possible his cell phone pinged in this area... Plus, DP was a biker, so he could have been very familiar with the area if he ever hung out at Mugzy's, too. It's quite remote and hard to reach, especially at night.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to dee10134 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joyce D View Post
    regardless of your views on psychics (mine are desidedly negative from personal experience in a public missing child case. Raw sewage and rats were involved), Sandra at the very least seems like a superb anthropologist. An area of education, training and specialization that really should get more attention from LE and investigations. She certainly seems to come to some eerily precise conclusions that do look to be beeing born out.

I get the feeling that LE has a pretty good feeling that this is Stacey, and not Lisa or an unknown 3rd party. Probably from a combination of this being the area they were expecting to find something and some of the details.

Regarding the question above about how fast they could determine the sex of the remains. if the lower body or skull is present the ME can determine the sex pretty much immediately at a glance. There are distinct and easily identifiable diferences between men and womans pelvis's and skulls. As far as determining if the woman had given birth, I could be wrong on this, but I believe that requires an x-ray of the pelvis to determine for certain. Something about seperation paterns in the bones and growth plates?

Quote Originally Posted by sirscottyog View Post
    --

Probably something to do with postings such as, "I hope it Stacy". It's not what is being said, it's how it's being said. Fathom yourself into the shoes of someone who has lost family to violent crime. I'm sure it would be (at the least) a bit weird to hear people hoping your missing realtive was a recently discovered bottom half of a skeleton wearing panties. If it were me, I would preface my posting a bit to show respect for the missing/dead. It urkes me, that's all. Last time I checked, I was allowed to form an opinion.
    ---------
    There is a significant difference in stating that "I hope that Stacey is dead" vs. believing that Stacey is dead and that you "hope that this is her remains". I don't have to go back and view all posts to know without a doubt that no one on this thread wished that Stacey was dead. I'm not going to debate you on this, I'm more interested in following this case to the end and seeing that the murderer is punished. This is a crime sleuthing forum and there is sufficient evidence IMO to point to the murder of Stacey Peterson, therefore it should not seem strange for posters to believe that she is deceased and do hope that her body is found. I'm not addressing this situation again.

41. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    I would think if the remains in the top half of the barrel had floated out, it would include the implants. If you held them down in water and let go, I bet they would fly to the surface. Not sure. Maybe Nursie knows. ;}

ETA: They might find them on the edge of the bank tho. I would think that barrel would have tossed and tumbled with the flood waters, and it could have taken that to knock the top off. I think the fact the BB and the remains found were relatively close together means the rest of the body and anything else in the barrel will be found as well. xox and IMO
    Breast implants can float...........BUTTTTTTTTTTTT
    they deteriorate very fast! I am assuming she had saline implants / & they rupture very easily in a body. ( I know that for a fact) Any type of jolt the wrong way & they're history. Women have them taken out all the time & they don't know what lot size they are or who the manufacturer is.

Hi Scandi!!!

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheko1 For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast