Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Unidentified Body of **UPDATE MALE** pulled from DesPlaines River May 20

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Fan View Post
    HLN just reported the body found was not Stacy Peterson. nor no obvious connection to Lisa Stebic
    Hi Sooner Fan, Was it from a rerun of Jane Valdez's show? That was said on her show yesterday and we think they have misinterpreted the news. There was nothing that could determine sex or ID in the autopsy so they will rely on DNA to determine whose body it is. That means they haven't ruled out the possibility of it being either Lisa or Stacy. xox

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Sooner Fan, Was it from a rerun of Jane Valdez's show? That was said on her show yesterday and we think they have misinterpreted the news. There was nothing that could determine sex or ID in the autopsy so they will rely on DNA to determine whose body it is. That means they haven't ruled out the possibility of it being either Lisa or Stacy. xox
    No, it was current news...I know I didn't imagine that! grrrr...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:

I checked our local news (I'm in the town next to Bolingbrook) and there was nothing. Then I checked "headline news" which ended up being CNN and the story from Thursday stating that the autopsy from that day could not connect the remains to either Lisa Stebic or Stacey so they would have to run DNA tests.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stillblv For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stillblv View Post
    I checked our local news (I'm in the town next to Bolingbrook) and there was nothing. Then I checked "headline news" which ended up being CNN and the story from Thursday stating that the autopsy from that day could not connect the remains to either Lisa Stebic or Stacey so they would have to run DNA tests.
    It's very irratating the way news shows jerk us around for ratings....I have the flu and a high fever so who knows....maybe we will hear something soon.I'm sorry if I gave incorrect information.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:

It's very irratating the way news shows jerk us around for ratings....I have the flu and a high fever so who knows....maybe we will hear something soon.I'm sorry if I gave incorrect information.
    You'd best take good care of yourself there Sooner Fan.

I also find it annoying when they mis-report things. They need to be much more diligent in their reporting IMO. There are entire families who are awaiting word on their loved one and to report incorrect news on these types of cases there should be some accountability.

Hoping they have this test on super duper warp speed faster than instant result time.

If the waiting seems excruciating to us, can you begin to imagine what it must be like for Stacy and Lisa's families and friends?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TallCoolOne For This Useful Post:

Hi again Sooner Fan, I'm sorry to hear you have the flu and hope you get better real soon.

And I agree with you it is exasperating how these news affiliates do everything they can to get ratings. We all thought the same as you until our Mod Chico pointed out what the news from the ME's office was really saying.

After yesterday when this was said, and we all almost had heart attacks, I felt my jaw hit the table when I read your post. lol Then I broke out in a big smile realizing all of Jane's and Nancy's shows on the weekend are re-runs. All Good! xox

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
    You'd best take good care of yourself there Sooner Fan.

I also find it annoying when they mis-report things. They need to be much more diligent in their reporting IMO. There are entire families who are awaiting word on their loved one and to report incorrect news on these types of cases there should be some accountability.

Hoping they have this test on super duper warp speed faster than instant result time.

If the waiting seems excruciating to us, can you begin to imagine what it must be like for Stacy and Lisa's families and friends?

Hi TallCoolOne, I didn't realize you're from the windy city area. Neat. Have you heard anything today to see if they are still searching? Ta

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Hi again Sooner Fan, I'm sorry to hear you have the flu and hope you get better real soon.

And I agree with you it is exasperating how these news affiliates do everything they can to get ratings. We all thought the same as you until our Mod Chico pointed out what the news from the ME's office was really saying.

After yesterday when this was said, and we all almost had heart attacks, I felt my jaw hit the table when I read your post. lol Then I broke out in a big smile realizing all of Jane's and Nancy's shows on the weekend are re-runs. All Good! xox
    Thank yall for making me feel better! With that, I'm going to bed. My husband has cancer and I don't need to be giving this chit to him. fingersXXXX Nite!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:

Don't feel bad at all, it isn't your fault!!!!
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

Thank yall for making me feel better! With that, I'm going to bed. My husband has cancer and I don't need to be giving this chit to him. fingersXXXX Nite!
    Hope you feel better, and that your dear husband is doing well too. Both of you, take care.

Skymom

20. The Following User Says Thank You to skymom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stillblv View Post
    I think it's all in the wording. They way it's worded makes it sound like there's been a determination that it's not Stacy or Lisa. But, according to all the other media reports, the autopsy was inconclusive and there was nothing to indicate either Stacy or Lisa from the preliminary autopsy. It's going to take DNA to determine the identity, and that it going to take up to two weeks. They already have DNA samples from both Stacy's family and from Lisa's, so it's just a matter of getting the DNA results from the remains and matching them to the samples. If there's no match to either, then the remains are unidentified.
    My posts are my opinion..........

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    I think it's all in the wording. They way it's worded makes it sound like there's been a determination that it's not Stacy or Lisa. But, according to all the other media reports, the autopsy was inconclusive and there was nothing to indicate either Stacy or Lisa from the preliminary autopsy. It's going to take DNA to determine the identity, and that it going to take up to two weeks. They already have DNA samples from both Stacy's family and from Lisa's, so it's just a matter of getting the DNA results from the remains and matching them to the samples. If there's no match to either, then the remains are unidentified.
    Do you happen to know which family member(s) of Stacy gave DNA samples? I'm thinking the DNA closest to hers would be her children, however I assume they are not the donors, thanks to them being with DP's son. So would the match from anyone else available be as close to hers as what they could contribute? I know Stacy has a sister, but is she full blood or a half sister?
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

24. The Following User Says Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

You were just reporting what you heard, and I think the CNN news has worded it in a way that makes people think that both Stacy and Lisa have been ruled out.

I'm sorry to hear you've got the flu and a high fever. Take it easy and get plenty of rest and fluids. I hope you feel better soon.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Do you happen to know which family member(s) of Stacy gave DNA samples? I'm thinking the DNA closest to hers would be her children, however I assume they are not the donors, thanks to them being with DP's son. So would the match from anyone else available be as close to hers as what they could contribute? I know Stacy has a sister, but is she full blood or a half sister?
    I believe that Cassandra (Stacy's sister) was the one who provided DNA for comparison.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:

Hi Panthera, I wonder why they couldn't use her tooth or hair brush, maybe her lipstick or makeup sponge? They would have to be in the master bath, right? If they weren't it would look odd.

Do you think he dumped all those things since he said she had taken off with another man. How would LE prove that. Gee Wilikers.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

I know I heard one of the media - CNN or Fox - say that they already have DNA samples from both Stacy and Lisa's family. Stacy does have a sister, Cassandra, and she's a full sister. She also has a full brother, Yelton. There's also at least one half sister.

Here's a picture of Yelton, Stacy and Cassandra:

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Hi Panthera, I wonder why they couldn't use her tooth or hair brush, maybe her lipstick or makeup sponge? They would have to be in the master bath, right? If they weren't it would look odd.

Do you think he dumped all those things since he said she had taken off with another man. How would LE prove that. Gee Wilikers.
    Well, yes I would imagine he'd dump her personal belongings that had her DNA but if she really had gone missing, and he didn't have anything to do with it, he would've allowed DNA samples to be taken of the children for comparison. MOO
    Rest in Peace

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

I know I heard one of the media - CNN or Fox - say that they already have DNA samples from both Stacy and Lisa's family. Stacy does have a sister, Cassandra, and she's a full sister. She also has a full brother, Yelton. There's also at least one half sister.

Thanks and thanks too to cleo who also answered my question!
    Rest in Peace

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Within the first couple of weeks after Stacy's disappearance, Rick Mims stayed at the Peterson home for a few days. He later started putting two and two together and realized that DP had done something to Stacy. He went public with what he knew. He remembers one night that DP went upstairs and came down dressed in dark clothing and a dark hooded sweatshirt carrying something. DP went out the back door and was gone for a half hour or so and came back without whatever it was that he had been carrying. Speculation is that DP was getting rid of something of Stacy's.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

I believe that mitochondrial DNA from the mother is identical among siblings. The last I read was that the techniques weren't as far advanced, but maybe I was misinterpreting that the database of reference samples was lacking. That wouldn't be a problem in this sort of testing, though.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peculiar Petunia For This Useful Post:

Within the first couple of weeks after Stacy's disappearance, Rick Mims stayed at the Peterson home for a few days. He later started putting two and two together and realized that DP had done something to Stacy. He went public with what he knew. He remembers one night that DP went upstairs and came down dressed in dark clothing and a dark hooded sweatshirt carrying something. DP went out the back door and was gone for a half hour or so and came back without whatever it was that he had been carrying. Speculation is that DP was getting rid of something of Stacy's.

Thanks Leila, I wasn't really into this case at the beginning so have missed a lot of background info like that. xox

HLN just reported the body found was not Stacy Peterson. nor no obvious connection to Lisa Stebic
    Just finished this thread...I bet you saw this on the repeat of Friday's Mike Galanos show. His show repeats on Saturday, and when I was watching yesterday, I heard him actually say this out loud, and also, there was a blurb at the bottom of the screen saying the same thing. This is the same thing WS-ers were discussing yesterday. I really think that HLN, and Galanos mis-interpreted a news article, because no other news outlet has said the same thing. It's too bad that they run it over and over, and never correct it. Reason I also think it was Mike G.'s show is that the timing of your post is about the right time it would have been on yesterday, and today...the show usually is a two hour show, but the second hour repeats the first hour.

I am sure that Stacy or Lisa have NOT been ruled out yet.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Talking heads are sometimes empty heads

One would think that any reporter with good sense would KNOW that 30 lbs of bone were not going to ID anyone.

It's always been about the DNA. And in future cases with basically only bones to " autopsy", it will be too.
    I am " Social Media" phobic BY CHOICE. I do not read personal blogs, I do not have, nor will I follow, any Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, MySpace accounts or any other like network. I do NOT Google or otherwise seek info regarding people related to victims. I do not STALK families of victims, so don't tell me to "Google" a blog or another site.
    UNLESS A LINK IS POSTED, MY POSTS REFLECT MY OPINION ONLY.

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SeekingJana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    One would think that any reporter with good sense would KNOW that 30 lbs of bone were not going to ID anyone.

It's always been about the DNA. And in future cases with basically only bones to " autopsy", it will be too.

ITA SeekingJana and it is good to see you posting on this thread ;}

Giraldo has this case on next on FOX News. Even if allot of posters don't like him, he sometimes has a way of getting info and a point of view out there. xox

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Hi TallCoolOne, I didn't realize you're from the windy city area. Neat. Have you heard anything today to see if they are still searching? Ta
    Actually I'm about 90 miles west of the Windy City, in a very small rural area. I come here for my news also!!

49. The Following User Says Thank You to TallCoolOne For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast