892 users online (132 members and 760 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

WA - Joshua Pier, 14 days, Tonasket, 18 May 2009

Amber Alert issued for infant taken from Tonasket

An Amber Alert has been issued out of Okanogan County for a two-week-old infant that was taken Monday by his 18-year-old mother in violation of a court order.

The child was diagnosed with a metabolic disorder and is in urgent need of medical care, the Okanogan Sheriff's Office said. A court order had been issued to place the child in specialized foster/medical care.

Child Protective Services was going to take custody of the baby, but the mother got tipped to it and split, deputies said.

Deputies are looking for 18-year-old Gretchen Pier. She's described as Caucasian, about 5 feet 4 inches and weighs 165 pounds. The baby is named Joshua Pier and is 21 inches long and weighs about 9 pounds.

Gretchen was last seen driving a gold 1989 Honda Accord with Washington license plate 351-YOU.

If you have any information, you're asked to call 911.

http://www.komonews.com/news/45543382.html

Joshua's AMBER Alert poster from NCMEC: http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...e&amberId=6923

Also info at: www.amberalert.com

Vehicle Representation - NOT Actual Vehcile (img from http://images01.olx.com/ui/2/03/05/f_22969805_1.jpeg)

Gretchens Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/vampieric_pixie

Pretty interesting, actually. Apparently she also has a 13 month old daughter as well as Joshua.

Amber Alert canceled for missing infant

The Washington State Patrol says an Amber Alert has been canceled for a 14-day-old child who was abducted on Monday from Tonasket.

The infant, Joshua Pier, was found by law enforcement in Sedro-Wooley around 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday according to the Washington State Patrol. Police say the boy and his mother, Gretchen Pier, were with relatives in Sedro-Wooley when they were located.

According to authorities, 18-year-old Gretchen Pier abducted her son on Monday following a court order to place Joshua in specialized foster care.

Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Sheriff Rogers said Gretchen called the Okanogan County Sheriff's Office and said she wanted to turn herself in. According to Sheriff Rogers Sedro-Wooley Police took Gretchen into custody Wednesday evening. Authorities say Joshua will be placed into the care of Child Protective Services.

More: http://www.kxly.com/Global/story.asp?S=10399643

I'm very happy that mom and baby were found but now my question is WHY is CPS taking the baby! She apparently has a 13 month old as well, has CPS taken this child? Has she abused baby Joshua? Is CPS just taking this baby because of his medical condition? Depending on the circumstances I hope she can afford a good attorney.
    I do find this really strange since the primary goal of CPS is suppose to be to maintain the family unit by putting supports in the family. Something is just not right here folks, unless something more comes out showing neglect or abuse. I'll be watching this one for sure.

Yeah...I'm kind of curious too. Maybe they felt that the mother didn't have the means or knowledge to take care of him at this point. However, when she took him she ran to family, so she obviously has family support. It will be interesting to see what happens here.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    I'm very happy that mom and baby were found but now my question is WHY is CPS taking the baby! She apparently has a 13 month old as well, has CPS taken this child? Has she abused baby Joshua? Is CPS just taking this baby because of his medical condition? Depending on the circumstances I hope she can afford a good attorney.
    I do find this really strange since the primary goal of CPS is suppose to be to maintain the family unit by putting supports in the family. Something is just not right here folks, unless something more comes out showing neglect or abuse. I'll be watching this one for sure.
    Dont hate CPS .. in this case they did exactly as they should have .. Both children needed to be protected from life threatening neglect and abuse... Both Children are now in safe and loving homes... adopted by family members

Welcome!!!!!!!11