1204 users online (234 members and 970 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1271
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    2,098

    The SODDI Defense (Some Other Dude Did It)...If not KC, who?

    I have been reading through some posts and catching up and am still amazed to read posters stating that they are not sure Casey murdered her daughter.

    If Casey didn't do it? Who did? What evidence points to a different murderer other than Casey?
    Last edited by JBean; 05-20-2009 at 11:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    646
    I don't understand this either.

    Apparently, not enough evidence yet to point to Casey?

    BUT there's some mystery evidence that out there which must more abundantly point at this SOD???

    What could there possibly be that trumps the guilt of this woman other than some who think that there has to be Beyond any Shadow of Doubt to convict.

    Which isn't the standard. For that we need confession and/or eyewitness/video of the crime. Of all crimes!

    We only need beyond a Reasonable doubt.

    And there's no reason IMHO which which even comes close to being reasonable to doubt Casey Anthony murdered Caylee, hid her body down her street and never called the police or told another living soul something was wrong or that her daughter was "missing".

    Cindy did after 31 DAYS.

    Nope, why would she HIDE this at all, let alone that long if she were Innocent???

    Thou shalt not be a victim.
    Thou shalt not be a perpetrator.
    Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.
    -inscription at the Holocaust Museum in DC

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,167
    I will watch this thread with interest, but at the moment have little to contribute. I am at a loss to name a credible possible suspect, even a distant second choice to KC.

    I am prepared to seriously consider other theories I hope the "I am not sure peeps" post.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    _________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,256
    To me, it takes all types to make the world and it would be a boring place if we were all of a like mind. There are those who do take an opposing position, others who have an open mind and it takes a lot to convince them and, still others who look at KC differently than most do -- that she could not do this and it must have been one of her many encounters. It is sorta like politics that there are conservatives and liberals and many blend in their views (like a venn diagram) but there are the extremes on the left and right.

    Nothing wrong with that -- makes life interesting.

    I think a theory we should consider in SODDI is this recent floating of child molesters and if that is the Defense path, to win the sympathies of folks who fear perps and can see them taking Caylee.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    Please discuss the topic and not the posters. thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,875
    Here is why I get confused when I hear murmurs of SODDI: because that is all I have ever heard. Vague whispers.

    I have yet to hear a single SODDI argument or piece of evidence articulated fully, other than to say, "SODDI."

    There is never really anything to chew on or think over. No possible scenarios with supporting time lines or facts as to how JG, AH, TL or anyone else might have been the SOD.

    I've seen some small possibilities that might have pointed towards CA, but other facts seem to counter those, so that is a wash for me.

    It all comes down to this when the SODDI defense gets whispered - IMO:

    If you can't articulate your argument, you don't have one.

    But, I still read each time this topic comes up, because I wonder what will happen at the trial.

  7. #7
    TakeNote's Avatar
    TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    chasing a super hero
    Posts
    6,187
    thats what i want to know as well....how will the defense spin this thought.....we have heard the one arm man, the ugly coping and now the mention of a child molester/murder from the defense on the civil case.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,167
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    Here is why I get confused when I hear murmurs of SODDI: because that is all I have ever heard. Vague whispers.

    I have yet to hear a single SODDI argument or piece of evidence articulated fully, other than to say, "SODDI."

    There is never really anything to chew on or think over. No possible scenarios with supporting time lines or facts as to how JG, AH, TL or anyone else might have been the SOD.

    I've seen some small possibilities that might have pointed towards CA, but other facts seem to counter those, so that is a wash for me.

    It all comes down to this when the SODDI defense gets whispered - IMO:

    If you can't articulate your argument, you don't have one.

    But, I still read each time this topic comes up, because I wonder what will happen at the trial.
    Thanks.
    I am prepared, and even keen, to read some SODDI theory. At the very least something to discuss and perhaps refine my own thoughts on the details of what happened.

    Like you I have heard "possibly SODDI" but not a specific theory. Just Somebody unspecified other than KC.
    There is a vast difference between a plausible theory based on facts and unsubstantiated supposition.
    As my sig used to say: "Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but they are NOT entitled to be right" I think we are all gradually refining our opinion of what happened, to include facts as they come to light.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    _________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    I have been reading through some posts and catching up and am still amazed to read posters stating that they are not sure Casey murdered her daughter.

    If Casey didn't do it? Who did? What evidence points to a different murderer other than Casey?
    OK... There were several rapes that occured at Blanchard Park leading up to a young woman being murdered there on 6/10/08. A week later KC took Caylee that park and left her there to "play". Came back later and she was gone. KC was afraid to tell CA cause obviously CA is too intense, so she made up the nanny story.
    I'm reaching I know.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by FX Wiz View Post
    OK... There were several rapes that occured at Blanchard Park leading up to a young woman being murdered there on 6/10/08. A week later KC took Caylee that park and left her there to "play". Came back later and she was gone. KC was afraid to tell CA cause obviously CA is too intense, so she made up the nanny story.
    I'm reaching I know.
    You may be reaching, but I have read a version of this theory before. Although it involved a serial killer with a predilection for shamrocks. No joke.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,167
    Quote Originally Posted by FX Wiz View Post
    OK... There were several rapes that occured at Blanchard Park leading up to a young woman being murdered there on 6/10/08. A week later KC took Caylee that park and left her there to "play". Came back later and she was gone. KC was afraid to tell CA cause obviously CA is too intense, so she made up the nanny story.
    I'm reaching I know.
    Obviously that is just a simple example. It would soon get very implausible if you included evidence such as body in the trunk, duct tape on skull(matching gas can duct tape), heart sticker, KC not reporting to LE etc.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    _________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,256
    Quote Originally Posted by FX Wiz View Post
    OK... There were several rapes that occured at Blanchard Park leading up to a young woman being murdered there on 6/10/08. A week later KC took Caylee that park and left her there to "play". Came back later and she was gone. KC was afraid to tell CA cause obviously CA is too intense, so she made up the nanny story.
    I'm reaching I know.
    We have had a couple of instances here in L.A. that could be used as a template by the Defense.

    One was the Mother of Emma who claimed she was attacked and knocked out in the park and the baby was gone, only to discover the baby dumped by the Mother.

    The other was Mother's day and the childs parents claimed the boy was playing in the park and then he was gone, they could not find him, only to discover the parents dumped him.

    This *could* be used as a theme that KC was with Caylee, she was distracted and then Caylee was gone. Child molester. KC was traumatized and could not tell her Mother and kept on waiting till another day and then when caught fabricated the nanny story.

    Doesn't stand scrutiny though I am sure the Defense is weaving something that will touch many evidence points and will seek to eliminate others.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by MaedchenX View Post
    You may be reaching, but I have read a version of this theory before. Although it involved a serial killer with a predilection for shamrocks. No joke.
    I wondered why KC would go to that park with her child when she surely musta heard about the rapes on the local news.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
    Thanks.
    I am prepared, and even keen, to read some SODDI theory. At the very least something to discuss and perhaps refine my own thoughts on the details of what happened.

    Like you I have heard "possibly SODDI" but not a specific theory. Just Somebody unspecified other than KC.
    There is a vast difference between a plausible theory based on facts and unsubstantiated supposition.
    As my sig used to say: "Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but they are NOT entitled to be right" I think we are all gradually refining our opinion of what happened, to include facts as they come to light.
    Funny, my signature used to say:
    If you can't articulate your argument, you don't have one.

    And I chose it specifically because of the SODDI whispers.

    (Note - thanks to SteadFast for the sig line way back when - maybe I will borrow your bolded sentence above as this thread progresses.)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,875
    Quote Originally Posted by FX Wiz View Post
    OK... There were several rapes that occured at Blanchard Park leading up to a young woman being murdered there on 6/10/08. A week later KC took Caylee that park and left her there to "play". Came back later and she was gone. KC was afraid to tell CA cause obviously CA is too intense, so she made up the nanny story.
    I'm reaching I know.
    Ok. I'll bite.

    Possible, but lacking supporting evidence AND what are the statistics/profile of rapist/murders who cross the child/adult victimology?

    The rapes and murders were of women, not an almost 3 y/o. I don't think LE would look to the same suspect?

    Lots more - but let's start with that and see what the rest come up with to refute this SODDI theory.

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast