Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Continue here.

Thread One:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83880"]Police: 3 Found Dead in Illinois Home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Two:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84162"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Three:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84242"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Four:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84312"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Five:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84367"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It's entirely possible CC painted himself into a corner - promising the gal in Florida that it was over with his wife, they were splitting up, etc. Then she orders invitations and it all comes crashing down on him.

One way to resolve it would be to tell the truth, of course.

Telling the truth is always the best of choice someone should make. However, I have a feeling that we will find CC was pathological in this area. Built himself up in self importance, etc. I do agree, though. It all caught up with him and it did come crashing down. Horrifically, Sheri, Gavin, and Garett paid with their innocent lives. What an s.o.b.

It's entirely possible CC painted himself into a corner - promising the gal in Florida that it was over with his wife, they were splitting up, etc. Then she orders invitations and it all comes crashing down on him.

One way to resolve it would be to tell the truth, of course.

This was my thought when I heard about the invites. Guys like this definitely do not react well to being cornered. Mark Hacking felt that Lori was going to make his world come crashing down by exposing him for the liar he was. He just couldn't handle that. I guess in their minds it's better to kill someone than to face the humiliation and embarrasement of being outed.

Loose thoughts after catching up reading.

Wedding invitations:
Do we have a source, rumor or otherwise for the wedding invitations. The last thread contained something about it from a "comment board" -- but I am unaware if this has been responsibly backed or if it is just one loose rumor from one person on a comment board. Can we get any type of responsible, even rumor, source for this?

Clothing and spray paint:
In the early videos (first day of crime), there was activity at the passenger side of Chris' vehicle, I remember the video and see it reflected in my mind. I kept thinking -- what is happening there. I see now we are revisiting this, and if I am correct in my memory, it seems as if something was being lifted off of the floor on the passenger side and handed to someone else. Was it a gym bag? [Does anyone have a link to that exact video?]

What clothes did Chris leave in that AM? Might this have been captured in a video of him leaving the house, tract or entering the gym? Was a shirt pulled off while he was driving away and thrown into the road median? Did he put another on? OR was there a shirt that was on Chris when he entered the gym that was not found in the gym bag when he returned home? Why would that be? IF there were a shirt with "paint speckles" ever in that bag, could those paint speckles be found in that bag? Surely after the bodies were found -- he didn't go fiddle with that gym bag again did he? There were neighbors watching from across the street who saw him enter the house and come out, surely they reported his steps upon that exit?

Shower...was there any sign that Chris had a shower before he left the house? Why would he shower there if he was going to the gym to work out and would probably shower there?

Marks to Chris' body (if it was examined not long after the murder):
Neighbors saw him flailing, rolling, did they see him hitting his face, head -- scratching it, scratching his arms and hands?

Was there any sign in that house that a paint thinner or any such thing was used to remove paint speckles, rags with paint thinner etc? How about in the neighbor's trash cans? Is there water based spray paint? How about the dampness that has been rumored in the basement -- signs of washing off paint speckles?

W

Good morning all!

Read thru last nite's postings & have a couple of things to add.

* re: "JMM is a she-devil" message on the wall -- I read those comments @ the P-D and this is another case of a poster being sarcastic
* Melly's comments re: CC's saying he wanted cats....I thought the same thing when I saw the mention of 'cats' twice, and not dogs given his MP/K-9 cop background...then I thought 'Oh yeah...what my b/f said in his crude guy way'....let's just say there's another word for cat & it's not kitty....this fits in with CC wanting his new life of freedom to do as he wants which is my b/f's theory.

OK - all done for now!!

I'm responding to the below post (respectfully snipped) from the last thread. You know, CC could have pulled a Brad Cooper and ran out after he killed his family and bought the red paint. Are the Walmart's there open 24 hours like they are here?

Today, 02:10 AM
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=43942"]pres101[/SIZ"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
user_offline.gif

I doubt Sheri knew anything until the end. That likely what caused a fight that resulted in her death. It just was not CC's timing. He might have bought the red spray paint months ago.

I'm responding to the below post (respectfully snipped) from the last thread. You know, CC could have pulled a Brad Cooper and ran out after he killed his family and bought the red paint. Are the Walmart's there open 24 hours like they are here?

Today, 02:10 AM
pres101[/SIZ"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_offline.gif

I doubt Sheri knew anything until the end. That likely what caused a fight that resulted in her death. It just was not CC's timing. He might have bought the red spray paint months ago.

I thought of that too, Suzi. The Walmart on Telegraph is open 24 hours...and you can make it in 5 minutes....at that time of night.

I guess if the invites were dated for 2010, then the wedding wasn't imminent, backing CC into a corner.

If the rumor is true that SC and CC were seperated, I wonder if CC simply realized how much a divorce was going to cost him?

Resourcing...

My earliest resource to wedding invitations is this:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3773866&postcount=773"]From Opinion8ed, Post #773[/ame]

>>Sources tell me he had her over to that other house in St Louis many times and she already had the wedding invitations ordered. <<

Opinion8ed, can you help us with the above? Were your sources people to whom you spoke but cannot reveal, but feel that they are trustworthy? Or ?

Hello SuziQ,

Thanks for the new thread... You started this whole set of threads, thanks -- wanted to recognize you :)

You wrote:
>>If the rumor is true that SC and CC were seperated, I wonder if CC simply realized how much a divorce was going to cost him? <<

True enough, but as one of our posters said (and I wish I could recall who first said it to recognize their thoughts), if he were setting up a murder, a divorce would not be in his list of costs.

Anyone know what JMM's beliefs are about divorce? could that have factored?

Resourcing...

My earliest resource to wedding invitations is this:

From Opinion8ed, Post #773

>>Sources tell me he had her over to that other house in St Louis many times and she already had the wedding invitations ordered. <<

Opinion8ed, can you help us with the above? Were your sources people to whom you spoke but cannot reveal, but feel that they are trustworthy? Or ?

W
They have always been trustworthy IMO and yes I spoke with them,but can not reveal my sources. Dates of invitations were not mentioned.

Hello SuziQ,

Thanks for the new thread... You started this whole set of threads, thanks -- wanted to recognize you :)

You wrote:
>>If the rumor is true that SC and CC were seperated, I wonder if CC simply realized how much a divorce was going to cost him? <<

True enough, but as one of our posters said (and I wish I could recall who first said it to recognize their thoughts), if he were setting up a murder, a divorce would not be in his list of costs.

Thanks! :blushing:

I'm thinking the cost of property division, child support, alimony, etc, of the divorce could have been the reason for setting up the murder. I think child support and alimony on a 100K salary would have taken a pretty good chunk of CC's paycheck.

I wish we knew what was behind SC's removal from the deed of the house. If she had no knowledge, that tells me CC was going to try to screw her over in a property settlement. Afterall, it worked out great for his brother. His brother may have given him advice and helped him.

And can you imagine how pissed off SC would have been and how screwed over CC would be, if SC discovered her name was taken off the house without her knowledge? Takes me to the argument at 3am.

The restauant that was mentioned in an earlier post was the Nite Hawk Cafe. Was a great place and well known. When they were making the movie "In The Heat Of The Night" Dustin Hoffman and others frequented it. Know this place well. Went thru a few more owners before the church started to use it. It was on the "Crow Flight" when Rt. 3 was booming in Southern Illinois. Interstate 55 came into focus and much was lost in the town with the major traffic being diverted.

Thanks! :blushing:

I'm thinking the cost of property division, child support, alimony, etc, of the divorce could have been the reason for setting up the murder. I think child support and alimony on a 100K salary would have taken a pretty good chunk of CC's paycheck.

I wish we knew what was behind SC's removal from the deed of the house. If she had no knowledge, that tells me CC was going to try to screw her over in a property settlement. Afterall, it worked out great for his brother. His brother may have given him advice and helped him.

And can you imagine how pissed off SC would have been and how screwed over CC would be, if SC discovered her name was taken off the house without her knowledge? Takes me to the argument at 3am.

Does anyone from Monroe County happen to know when the property tax bills are/were sent out? This would be addressed to name(s) listed on the deed.

Just thinking about it...

Chris had resources about divorce costs (financial and otherwise), you can almost count on it... Also, if there is any truth to the rumor that his brother had made money (I believe that this was rumored to be in financial investments) then ditched his wife, cleaning out anything that she might have otherwise had accounted to her first, then marrying his next woman within a few weeks after divorce -- well he had picked some brains on some things.

I might render a guess that Chris pretty well knew the timing he wanted for escape to his new life, his new tormenting and begging hunger... But how did he plan for that life to be?

He probably wanted his new life immediately, but was struggling against the timing it would take to make it all happen. If he got sucked into a huge lust thing and/or distorted love thing, these things can dig deeply into your flesh/soul -- erasing all sensibility, overcoming you with obsession. He might have been getting nearly desperate to satisfy that which was going on in him.

It would be interesting to find out when Chris and Sheri's friend (the one who betrayed her by seducing Chris, aka Miss Mistress) began cavorting. We know that the so-called threats started at X time period (we have rumors of 9 to 6 months ago.) When did the myriad changes begin in connection to this (Sheri's removing her name off the deed, possible purchase of extra insurance, Sheri maybe taking on a job; house cleaning, waitress, modeling etc.)

Bottomline -- it appears that at some point in time Chris started creating a "threat" scenario. Why? Was this purely to setup a murder? OR was he thinking he could get Sheri and the boys to move to another locale so that they would stay there, he would visit intermittently, but he could cavort at the love shack near his company's home base?

But wait...this whole wedding invitation thing throws a WHOLE different light on the situation, if there is any truth to it. IF there were wedding invitations, THEN it would seem that the threats had one, and only one purpose -- to set up a murder.

Does anyone from Monroe County happen to know when the property tax bills are/were sent out? This would be addressed to name(s) listed on the deed.

Er scratch that idea, I called the MC Treasurer's office and learned that the tax bills won't be sent out till July.

They have always been trustworthy IMO and yes I spoke with them,but can not reveal my sources. Dates of invitations were not mentioned.

Opinion8ed, I am apologizing in advance if you've already answered way too many question on this but is it at all possible that the comment regarding the wedding invitations could have been sarcastic? As in he and the mistress have spent so much time together or are so tight that she's already ordered invites? I ask because I have that kind of sense of humor and can see myself making a comment like that if I was close to a case like this.

If it was made in all seriousness then I'm sorry to bug ya.

Just thinking about it...

Chris had resources about divorce costs (financial and otherwise), you can almost count on it... Also, if there is any truth to the rumor that his brother had made money (I believe that this was rumored to be in financial investments) then ditched his wife, cleaning out anything that she might have otherwise had accounted to her first, then marrying his next woman within a few weeks after divorce -- well he had picked some brains on some things.

I might render a guess that Chris pretty well knew the timing he wanted for escape to his new life, his new tormenting and begging hunger... But how did he plan for that life to be?

He probably wanted his new life immediately, but was struggling against the timing it would take to make it all happen. If he got sucked into a huge lust thing and/or distorted love thing, these things can dig deeply into your flesh/soul -- erasing all sensibility, overcoming you with obsession. He might have been getting nearly desperate to satisfy that which was going on in him.

It would be interesting to find out when Chris and Sheri's friend (the one who betrayed her by seducing Chris, aka Miss Mistress) began cavorting. We know that the so-called threats started at X time period (we have rumors of 9 to 6 months ago.) When did the myriad changes begin in connection to this (Sheri's removing her name off the deed, possible purchase of extra insurance, Sheri maybe taking on a job; house cleaning, waitress, modeling etc.)

Bottomline -- it appears that at some point in time Chris started creating a "threat" scenario. Why? Was this purely to setup a murder? OR was he thinking he could get Sheri and the boys to move to another locale so that they would stay there, he would visit intermittently, but he could cavort at the love shack near his company's home base?

But wait...this whole wedding invitation thing throws a WHOLE different light on the situation, if there is any truth to it. IF there were wedding invitations, THEN it would seem that the threats had one, and only one purpose -- to set up a murder.

Grapevine Rumor has it RC told KC to remove his soon to be ex from the deed and take the finances,then RC went south and married KC and the other girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123