2008.09.15 - Nathaniel L. Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really confused by this interview and maybe y'all could help me. In the interview with Nathaniel he states that KC leaves early every morning to "go to work" do the ping maps show this? IIRC they show she was pinging from Tone apt?

2nd. Why does she act as though she is helpless "I had to light it for her, because she didnt know how to use a lighter??????

3rd. His conversation with Lee is very interesting too. Lee states "shes a pro at passing bad checks"

Nathaniels comment "it is like you dont have a kid" sadly ironic

here is another whacky interview...i am so confused

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/18974311/detail.html

Hi Chckmate! IIRC this interviewee was the person who's key and credit card was found at the remains site. This man's wife learned of our sleuthing and signed up for WS saying he had lost these items a few years back and they did not know KC. I have no way of knowing if the person was really this man's wife or not and unfortunately do not remember where the link would be.

matilda

Hi Chkmate,

Welcome to Websleuths,

If you go to the sub forum entitled "Anthony Case Resource Links . . . " (it's the third one from the top if you are in the main Caylee forum, or click here : [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233"]Anthony Case Resource Links, Case Calendar and Time Line Analysis Forum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Then, go into the thread called :Official Documents . . ."

You will find links and in some case actual transcripts, all the interviews, discovery docs, everything related to the case posted. There is also a great deal of info in the analysis forum and some great detective work already done. No need to reinvent the wheel - right? :)

Also, you can search the forums for thread topics. Practically all the documents released have threads already started on them, there may be a few that don't, but very few.

Hope this helps. Again, welcome to WS.

Hi Chkmate,

Welcome to Websleuths,

If you go to the sub forum entitled "Anthony Case Resource Links . . . " (it's the third one from the top if you are in the main Caylee forum, or click here : Anthony Case Resource Links, Case Calendar and Time Line Analysis Forum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Then, go into the thread called :Official Documents . . ."

You will find links and in some case actual transcripts, all the interviews, discovery docs, everything related to the case posted. There is also a great deal of info in the analysis forum and some great detective work already done. No need to reinvent the wheel - right? :)

Also, you can search the forums for thread topics. Practically all the documents released have threads already started on them, there may be a few that don't, but very few.

Hope this helps. Again, welcome to WS.

Hi Carrie thank you I did do a search but I got 125 pages so I couldnt find it. Thanks for the help and sorry for the repeat threads

Hi Carrie thank you I did do a search but I got 125 pages so I couldnt find it. Thanks for the help and sorry for the repeat threads

Yes, the search function is not easy to use or figure out IMO. One thing that has helped me is doing an advanced search, then choosing "title only" right under where you put the search keywords. This gives you threads with your keyword in the title of the thread not just somewhere in any random post.

And I think Nathaniel was Tony L's roommate he called Nate. Is that right?

Yes, the search function is not easy to use or figure out IMO. One thing that has helped me is doing an advanced search, then choosing "title only" right under where you put the search keywords. This gives you threads with your keyword in the title of the thread not just somewhere in any random post.

And I think Nathaniel was Tony L's roommate he called Nate. Is that right?

I think I just caught something interesting in Nate's interview. At the end the detectives have him verify that the signature on the Fusion receipt was his. He says it is definitely him. I believe that this may be one of the receipts found in the white trash bag that came from Tony's place and was in KC's trunk. Question is, why does this receipt have a sig on it???? Don't most places now keep the signed receipt and leave an unsigned slip for the customer? Could KC have snagged a signed copy to use for her own purposes? Last night on NG LA tells Tony that he still cannot figure out the owner of a third check that KC cashed. Could it have been Nate's???

Another thought -- maybe the real reason KC had the trash in her trunk was to go through it and find things like canceled checks, signatures, credit card numbers, etc. I guess she could have done this when no one else was home, but if I remember right, Tony and friends really did not like for her to be there when no one was home. I think that's why she stayed at Amy's much of the time when Tony was in NY.

I think I just caught something interesting in Nate's interview. At the end the detectives have him verify that the signature on the Fusion receipt was his. He says it is definitely him. I believe that this may be one of the receipts found in the white trash bag that came from Tony's place and was in KC's trunk. Question is, why does this receipt have a sig on it???? Don't most places now keep the signed receipt and leave an unsigned slip for the customer? Could KC have snagged a signed copy to use for her own purposes? Last night on NG LA tells Tony that he still cannot figure out the owner of a third check that KC cashed. Could it have been Nate's???

Some places still have a duplicate where you sign the top copy and it goes through to the bottom copy which is the one you keep for your records. I have still recently gotten receipts like that when using my debit card.

If this has already been posted I am sorry and please remove it. I came across this and find it strange the whole inerview...
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6035680/2008-0915-Interview-Nathaniel-Lezniewicz

Thanks a heap, checkmate, for recovering this from the heap. I think I must
have read it before, becoz I recall the stuff about "cooking dinners" and all
that, but I needed a refresher course coz I think NL gives what is, in all
probablity, the most credible account, of KC's substance use pattern in the
time period after KC's disappearance (in contrast to that of Annie D's depo,
for example, which was probably an underestimate of KC's alcohol-use
pattern during that time period).

Here is another thread regarding Nate and discussion on when Nate was on Nancy Grace last September.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71104"]Nate's Story - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hello WS

NateL interview with LE

LE: You guys, you guys asked her about, you guys did ask her about Caylee?
NL: I even made the comment to her, at one point I said, I'm starting to think you don't have a child. You know its like, where is she? You haven't been around, I'm staring to think its like, she wasn't yours. Like, you know, just like kidding around with her. And I mean there was never a crack, an emotion, never a sign that something might be wrong, anything like that. She would simply brush it off with a little chuckle and, "Oh, no, they're just at the beach," or "they're just at Disney." And...
LE: So, so when you guys would ask her about Caylee she would laugh and joke?
NL: Yeah, she would just kind of chuckle, kind of(inaudible)like when I said, Oh I'm starting to think you don't have a kid, "Oh, stop it, whatever, she's at the beach...
LE: From the last...
NL: ...you know with the nanny.
LE: From the last time they were at the apartment when they went swimming and you left, from that point until recently, or at all, did she ever mention to you anything about Caylee being missing?
NL: No sir

I was impressed with NL. It hurt my heart to hear him talk about Caylee, again I have heard a "stranger" in Caylee's life show more connection with her than anyone in her immediate family. NL says that he and another boy watched Caylee one day when TL and Casey were "taking a nap." He said they had a lot of fun played Dora...and that was why he was asking Casey where Caylee was...he wanted to see her again.

NL understood that Casey was being "fast" by dropping the "i love yous" and tried to talk to her about that...surprisingly he got nowhere. To my reading it seemed that Casey was trying to "move in" and NL was telling Casey that TL would be leaving after college and that she shouldn't be so attached. He goes so far as to say that at their age(twenties)they should have been around the block enough to take things more slowly.

NL had to admit that he smoked pot to talk about Casey's drug/alcohol use. I smoked pot when I was a teen/younger person but it never got me into trouble. I have a cousin who is my age and acts much like CA(without the "kiddnapped daughter")she was sexually permiscuious and she loved LE. She dated LE all the time, esp if they were married! I smoke and drank and she would put me down...she would say those things were bad for you...and NL says he offered Casey a smoke several times before she wanted to partake.

Then she got a boyfriend that did coke and calls me up one day to tell me about it and I would never do something like coke-its not the drugs for my cousin or the drink...its whatever is wrong with her.

The point of my story is...like JG said...she becomes what whoever she is with likes...I don't think drugs or alcohol had anything to do with Casey acting or doing anything. I believe the people(AnnieD as example)who say Casey did not "party" when she was at parties. Casey is a "sex girl" she only uses alcohol if it gets her closer to a boy. TL spoke in one of his interviews about the "hot bod" night. He was upset that after she found out she was going to "perform" she put 60.00 in drinks on TL tab. Liquid courage we called it in my day...

So...it took the pot head to really see thru Casey and say what was really going on in Casey's life at that time: "I'm starting to think you don't have a kid."

"Evil lurks...the weed be letting you know."-Quote from the movie Friday

...jmo...I:blowkiss:WS

Here is NL's Sept '08 interview again for convenience. :) This is the one IIRC where NL mentioned about him and Cameron watching Caylee when Casey and Tony were napping, etc. When asked about drug use in the apartment, NL said that he takes Depakote daily "for biopolar", uses marijuana daily, drinks mostly on the weekends but sometimes during the week, and used to be on Xanax a year ago when he was under the care of a psychiatrist, but was no longer using Xanax.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeQgf0HBXsk[/ame]

I was just wondering, wasn't there any earlier LE interview with NL than Sept? I don't recall ever seeing an earlier interview, but that doesn't seem possible, surely there was one.

Related interviews:
Tony L and Cameron C interview: July 17, 2008
TL interview: July 22, 2008
TL interview:
TL interview:
TL interview:
Maria K interview:
CRH's interview with reporters: (where he was named as "roommate/fellow DJ and business partner" of TL.)

Guess not. YM says 'we spoke briefly to you last week and we're interviewing you now because of your appearance on TV'. So apparently didn't speak to him until Sept. I was always so surprised they didn't investigate the apartment a lot more, and everyone who lived there (and who hung out there), right away in mid-July. Seemed unusual in the case of a missing child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy