1111 users online (231 members and 880 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CO - Marilee Burt, 15, Columbine Valley, 26 Feb 1970

Marilee Burt was a cheerleader at Goddard Middle School in Columbine Valley, Colorado. On February 26, 1970, she had finished cheerleading at a basketball game. When her ride home did not show up, she began walking the short distance to her home. Several people recall seeing Marilee walking home, and one person recalled seeing her talking to someone in a car. When Marilee never arrived home, her family began searching for her, and reported her missing to the police. The authorities began a search immediately but were unable to find her. The next morning the search continued, and Marilee's nude body was found by a road crew around noon that day. This was southwest of where she was last seen. She had been strangled and raped. No solid leads were ever developed and the case went cold until 1998, when the case was reviewed. Evidence collected in 1970 was submitted for DNA testing and a full donor profile was developed, which allowed a long list of suspects to be eliminated.

I just read about this case today and haven't done any research on it. Does anyone know about this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post
    Marilee Burt was a cheerleader at Goddard Middle School in Columbine Valley, Colorado. On February 26, 1970, she had finished cheerleading at a basketball game. When her ride home did not show up, she began walking the short distance to her home. Several people recall seeing Marilee walking home, and one person recalled seeing her talking to someone in a car. When Marilee never arrived home, her family began searching for her, and reported her missing to the police. The authorities began a search immediately but were unable to find her. The next morning the search continued, and Marilee's nude body was found by a road crew around noon that day. This was southwest of where she was last seen. She had been strangled and raped. No solid leads were ever developed and the case went cold until 1998, when the case was reviewed. Evidence collected in 1970 was submitted for DNA testing and a full donor profile was developed, which allowed a long list of suspects to be eliminated.

I just read about this case today and haven't done any research on it. Does anyone know about this case?
    heres a link to a chat website, where they have been chatting about case for awhile........perhaps you can gain some information from there...........i will post more links, when i find them.
    http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums...opic=445&st=60

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

Another interesting case you've found, Marilyn. I've never heard of this one. I Googled her but didn't find out much more info. It surprises me they haven't found a match for the DNA profile. Hard to believe the perp hasn't committed other crimes and isn't in the system. Let us know if you find any more info on newspaper archives.

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post
    heres a link to a chat website, where they have been chatting about case for awhile........perhaps you can gain some information from there...........i will post more links, when i find them.

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums...opic=445&st=60
    Thanks so much for this, I will definitely look into this website. I only read about this case a couple of days ago while researching something else, so I will enjoy this chat website.

Since there is a DNA profile, we can only hope that this case will be solved eventually.

Thanks so much for this, I will definitely look into this website. I only read about this case a couple of days ago while researching something else, so I will enjoy this chat website.

Since there is a DNA profile, we can only hope that this case will be solved eventually.
    You are welcomed.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

Cases like this make me even crazier than I already am. I just want to get my paws on the file!
    John 3:16

Everyday it is my fervent prayer that these cases are solved

Here is a link to a blog that talks more about Marilee's case:
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...walk-home/425/

This case is so heartbreaking. All of these years with no answers.

It is heartbreaking. I wonder if there were any interesting rumors in high school about this case.