958 users online (140 members and 818 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FL- hope you like drugs and guns.
    Posts
    1,047

    FL - Yet another mother in FL to loathe, Palm Beach

    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/co...svc=7&cxcat=76

    Friday, May 22, 2009

    BOYNTON BEACH A neighbor found twin 3-year-old girls wandering around an apartment complex courtyard near a lake more than 200 yards from their home on their birthday while their mother slept, according to police.

    Kenya Williams, 32, was arrested in her apartment in the 600 block of Villa Circle shortly after 10 a.m. on charges of child neglect, according to a police report.
    The neighbor, 41-year-old Sony Figueroa, called police after finding the girls, who turned 3 today, crawling near the complex's entrance gate. She knew they were Williams' children and searched the area for the mother, knocking on her door and yelling loudly.

    When Figueroa could not find Williams, she put the girls in her car and called police. According to the report, the area where the children were found was 200 yards from Williams' apartment and the children would have had to crawl across a road and past a lake, swimming pools, trash containers, moving cars and other such hazards to get to where they were found.

    The entrance gate is also about 20 feet from the four-lane South Federal Highway.

    When police arrived at the apartment, they saw that the door was open and went inside, finding Williams sleeping on the bed, according to the report. When officers asked where her children were, Williams started to cry until officers told her they were in police care.


    Nice way to spend their birthday, huh?

    God Bless this neighbor that found them.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In my own reality...it's nicer here.
    Posts
    12,037
    May very well be the best birthday present they will ever get...to be removed from their sorry mothers care...permanently I hope.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FL- hope you like drugs and guns.
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    May very well be the best birthday present they will ever get...to be removed from their sorry mothers care...permanently I hope.



    Best post I have read all day!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    sorry, I ain't ready to hang her yet!

    We have no idea if they all were taking naps and the twins woke up and ventured outside. I would imagine twins could be exhausting. If there is no history of such incidents and no prior contacts with CPS and she wasn't high or drunk ...I can see how this could have been simply an accident.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High on Hummingbird Hill
    Posts
    1,938
    Police: Mother of 4-Month-Old Highly Intoxicated

    WATERTOWN, N.Y. A.Y. 29, of *** * Dr., Apt. ***, was charged at 8:40 p.m. Wednesday with endangering the welfare of a child.

    Watertown police said they responded to her home at about 3:52 p.m. Tuesday and found her to be intoxicated to the point she could not care for her four-month-old daughter whom she thought was missing. She was transported for medical attention due to her intoxication level, they said.

    Snip~

    And this one. What the heck is going on with people? There are two more in the same town in the past couple of days.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FL- hope you like drugs and guns.
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    sorry, I ain't ready to hang her yet!

    We have no idea if they all were taking naps and the twins woke up and ventured outside. I would imagine twins could be exhausting. If there is no history of such incidents and no prior contacts with CPS and she wasn't high or drunk ...I can see how this could have been simply an accident.
    I just do not see that. Forgive me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    sorry, I ain't ready to hang her yet!

    We have no idea if they all were taking naps and the twins woke up and ventured outside. I would imagine twins could be exhausting. If there is no history of such incidents and no prior contacts with CPS and she wasn't high or drunk ...I can see how this could have been simply an accident.
    But, really, how often are toddlers found crawling 200 yards from home, across streets and etc? If such "accidents" were inevitable with twins, we'd see this all the time and probably even have a catchphrase for it -- "twin escape" or something. Most responsible mothers would not go to sleep in the middle of the day without making sure safety precautions were in place that would protect their toddlers from just this sort of incident. I don't see how this could not be considered at the least negligence.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    But, really, how often are toddlers found crawling 200 yards from home, across streets and etc? If such "accidents" were inevitable with twins, we'd see this all the time and probably even have a catchphrase for it -- "twin escape" or something. Most responsible mothers would not go to sleep in the middle of the day without making sure safety precautions were in place that would protect their toddlers from just this sort of incident. I don't see how this could not be considered at the least negligence.

    Parents go to bed every night. Perhaps this is the first time they have even attempted to escape.

    Many parents do not add hook & eye latches to the tops of doors, or install an out of reach lock until their child gets out.

    I never installed any ...mine never attempted it and I wasn't one to child proof my entire house, chose to supervise my child at all times. But I still went to bed every night and I still managed to take naps.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,745
    I find it odd that they are 3 and were crawling not walking, but in any case I too can see how the kids might have escaped. I was blowing my hair dry one day and my 3 year old was GONE. I was frantic! I found him next door on the neighbors deck. We installed a lock at the top of the door that night. I had never felt so scared in my life. I can't judge her yet. Who's to say they were all napping (as tired moms do) together?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In my own little corner in my own little chair
    Posts
    1,212
    My son escaped when he was about 3. The neighbor across the hall knocked at my door about 7 am, when she had to leave for work. She told me she heard my son in the hall about 6 am, and brought him inside till she had to go. I never knew he was gone till she knocked.

    I child proofed the door that day. And I thank God he didn't go downstairs and outside onto the busy street we lived on.

    A few months later, he woke me around 5 am to tell me my coffee was burning.

    ~huh? no coffee's on~

    I got up to find my antique teapot (which had about an inch of water in it) SMOKING!
    He dumped a jar of instant coffee and a bowl of sugar into it, and tried to make me coffee. Bless his little heart! I child proofed HIS door that day.

    He was a good boy, but got into all kinds of things at ungodly hours. He has broken 11 bones in his lifetime. I never abused him, but the ER called my pediatrician more than once when I brought him in for assorted injuries.

    So I won't judge this mother since we don't know what the circumstances are.
    May you dream you are dreaming in a warm soft bed
    and the voices inside you that fill you with dread
    make the sounds of thousands of angels instead
    tonight where you might be laying your head.
    I wish you well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~Patty Griffin~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~Nobody's Crying~~~~~~~~



    My posts are my own opinion, unless a link is included.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassygerl View Post
    I find it odd that they are 3 and were crawling not walking, but in any case I too can see how the kids might have escaped. I was blowing my hair dry one day and my 3 year old was GONE. I was frantic! I found him next door on the neighbors deck. We installed a lock at the top of the door that night. I had never felt so scared in my life. I can't judge her yet. Who's to say they were all napping (as tired moms do) together?
    It does seem weird that they were crawling, especially since their mom said they got out by putting a bar stool up against the door to reach the hook she installed. And how did that door open with the bar stool in front of it? I'm not ready to hang her, but I'm sure not ready to believe her!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    193

    Oh, c'mon....

    I have twins girls. They are much older now and I don't profess to be perfect, but I can tell you that NEVER happened to me....nor did I ever ONCE "forget" that they were in their car seats in the sweltering heat.
    Just sayin'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    sorry, I ain't ready to hang her yet!

    We have no idea if they all were taking naps and the twins woke up and ventured outside. I would imagine twins could be exhausting. If there is no history of such incidents and no prior contacts with CPS and she wasn't high or drunk ...I can see how this could have been simply an accident.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    452
    When my son, who is 13 yrs old now, was 18 months old he decided to get up one morning after his father left for work and take a little trip out the back door. It was a cool morning and I thank GOD he was wearing his warm pjs and a watchful neighbor was there to intervene. My son opened the back door and started down the steps. Thankfully, the storm door caught the backside of his pjs and that is as far as he got. The neighbor behind me was having her morning coffee on her back deck and saw him come out the door. She immediately came over, picked him up and knocked on the door. I was asleep. The hubby always left us in bed and slipped out to work in the mornings.

    Needless to say, I was horrified! I called the hubby ASAP and he came right back home and installed slide locks on the top of our front and back doors. No more early morning outdoor play sessions for our little man!

    This can happen to the most vigilant parents! I would have to see a few more details about this incident before I throw the book at this woman.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,502
    I can testify to 3 year olds and the "great escape".
    My mommy was shopping and dear old dad was minding me. He made me take a nap so he could snooze on the couch. Well, this smarty pants climbed out the window, went and played down the street until the ice cream truck showed up. I forgot and ran in and hollered "can i get some ice cream?". Well I woke dad up and he figured out how I got out. Got my butt beat and put back to bed.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    I can testify to 3 year olds and the "great escape".
    My mommy was shopping and dear old dad was minding me. He made me take a nap so he could snooze on the couch. Well, this smarty pants climbed out the window, went and played down the street until the ice cream truck showed up. I forgot and ran in and hollered "can i get some ice cream?". Well I woke dad up and he figured out how I got out. Got my butt beat and put back to bed.
    I'm not letting this Florida woman off the hook, but when my older brother was little, one of our neighbors came into his dining room from getting some juice, and my brother was at his table, eating his egg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL - Palm Springs- Mother charged with Cruelty to a child
    By peeples in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 01:43 PM
  2. Palm Beach media links
    By bobodedoo in forum Links to FL Media Outlets.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 10:55 AM