1096 users online (235 members and 861 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - Northampton Co., Blk/WhtFem, 717UFNC, 4-8, near I-95 rest area, Dec'83

Unidentified Black Female Child

• The victim was discovered on December 26, 1983 in Northampton County, North Carolina
    • Skull only

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 4-8 years old
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Most likely a black or biracial (White & Black) female
    • Skeletal Findings: Right frontal depressions; left nasal trauma; trauma to the chin/gonial area; perhaps chronic ear infection(s).
    • Dentals: Available; has two fillings. Both restorations are occlusal.
    • DNA: Complete - Profile available - University North Texas

Case History
    The small skull was found by hunters in the woods in Northampton County, North Carolina on December 26, 1983.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Clyde Gibbs
    Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
    1-800-672-7024

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
    Agency Case Number:
    83-844

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
    NamUs

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/717ufnc.html

Can anyone dig up anymore info on this? I didn't have any luck. I have lived in Northampton County all of my life until I moved a few months back and I have never heard of this child.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-02-2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: added link
    Happy New Years

Good eye Teons. I was just coming here to see if this had been posted.

Compare to:

Case File 54UFMO

Victim's Sweater
    Unidentified Black Female Child
    • Located on February 28, 1983 in St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri
    • Cause of death was homicide; the victim was strangled.
    • Estimated Date of Death: 5 days prior.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 8-11 years old (DOB circa 1972-75).
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10"; 70 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: She was well-nourished. She had no scars, deformities or irregularities. Medium complexion.
    • Clothing: She was wearing a yellow, v-necked long-sleeved sweater and 2 coats of red and purple fingernail polish.
    • Fingerprints: Available
    • Dentals: Not Available
    • DNA: Available

Case History
    The victim was located in a vacant apartment building on Clemens Avenue in St. Louis, Missouri on February 28, 1983. Two men who were in the basement of the building discovered the young girl. She was lying face-down in the furnace room with her hands tied behind her back with red and white nylon rope. The victim had been sexually assaulted prior to being strangled, which was the cause of her death.
    The victim's head had been removed with a large-bladed knife after her death. Her head has never been discovered. She had been killed elsewhere and brought to the vacant building after her death.
    There were no signs of previous abuse on the victim's body. There was no specific features that would give clues as to her identity.
    The St. Louis authorities have conducted extensive investigations into the victim's identity since 1983 and have received no clear leads. Her murderer(s) remain unknown, although several suspects have been under investigation. No arrests have been made in the case.
    The FBI agency that documents and studies unsolved murders reported this is the only decapitation in the country involving someone so young (1993). Authorities believe she was probably from out of state as they checked school records around Missouri very thoroughly. They conducted a nationwide search, including running ads in every black newspaper and magazine in the country and corresponded with every state police agency.

My immediate thoughts are this would have been eliminated already?
    Last edited by Cubby; 05-22-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: add info

Suprised it doesn't give an estimation of the time in the woods, but I am speculating it had been quite some time.
    Found this one...
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/q/quinn_sheila.html

Another one..this one is bi-racial. The circumstances on this one is just heart wrenching....praying for this family for closure.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...on_nikole.html

I wonder why there isn't a recon for this little angel? Anyone know who we can contact to see if we can get one done? Also, it says there is a complete DNA profile, does that mean it is in CODIS, and if it isn't, who do we contact to get it in there?
    Happy New Years

MadeaBecBec is offline "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."
    This Baby Jane is known as "Christmas Jane Doe" and someone put up a myspace page for her, here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/christmas_jane_doe
    It's tragic, to me, how the ME never put out a press release about this child, when she was first found! Kathy Reichs(forensic anthropologist) took this girls case on the Montel show in 1999!!! 17 years after the fact......
    I thought AMW had famous artist do a bust of this child in March 2008, I'll go search that.... I'll be back!!
    Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

MadeaBecBec is offline "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."
    I'm baaaack....
    Sorry that case about the bust on AMW, was for a different child found in 2005!! In New Jersey!! Here's that link http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=62113 If you want to read about it or look at the bust!!
    Now I'm off to find what I can on this case....
    Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Thank you Madea, it's so sad to think that I have driven and walked across the spot where the little angel was dumped and I never even knew about her
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by MadeaBecBec View Post
    This Baby Jane is known as "Christmas Jane Doe" and someone put up a myspace page for her, here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/christmas_jane_doe
    It's tragic, to me, how the ME never put out a press release about this child, when she was first found! Kathy Reichs(forensic anthropologist) took this girls case on the Montel show in 1999!!! 17 years after the fact......
    I thought AMW had famous artist do a bust of this child in March 2008, I'll go search that.... I'll be back!!
    On the myspace page looks as if she had been in woods one year or longer.
    Life Is What We Make It.
    Visit Me at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-...y/303188754080

It also says on her myspace page that her DNA is in CODIS, so it should be easy to rule some children out, if their DNA is also in CODIS. The area where she was found is right off of I-95, so she could be from anywhere on the east coast.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by MadeaBecBec View Post
    It's tragic, to me, how the ME never put out a press release about this child, when she was first found! !!
    probably because it was 1983, and she was black.

sad but shockingly common at that time.
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

Shocking? Common? You bet! I keep a file on missing black girls 13 and under. It's amazing that I have roughly 50 cases and very few black UIDs to match them with. It seems they just didn't take these children seriously and either warehoused the bodies or disposed of them very quickly.

My opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by Seifsister View Post
    On the myspace page looks as if she had been in woods one year or longer.
    not sure if anyone suggested this girl. she's missing from 82 that would have been about a year before this one was found

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/179dfmd.html toya hill is her name and she's from md
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast