Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL - MALE found in Des Plaines River-Channahon- May 09 -Scott Dudko

IL-Found : Badly Decomposed Body in Des Plaines River

Per Greta...Body found (female, skeletal remains), have not ruled out Peterson or Stebic at this point.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...rticle-6823493

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/p...052009.article

The body is in Will County in same town where the Vaughn family massacre occurred.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to twinkiesmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmom View Post
    Per Greta...Body found (female, skeletal remains), have not ruled out Peterson or Stebic at this point.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...rticle-6823493

The body is in Will County in same town where the Vaughn family massacre occurred.
    Wouldn't it be something if they found Stacey now that Drew is in jail? It said badly decomposed tho, wouldn't there just be skeleton left of Stacy after all this time?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shergal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmom View Post

=news/local&id=6823493&rss=rss-wls-article-6823493

Being discussed here:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133"]Stacy Peterson - MISSING - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by JustJax View Post
    We don't know that it's Stacy....I have always felt Channahon was a good possibility for Lisa because of the hunting grounds nearby.

These women lived close enough for their killers to have crossed paths at the same Home Depot...just saying.

I caught this news just as I was leaving for work - couldn't wait to get to the office and jump on WS for more info. I hope this answers questions for Stacey's or Lisa's family. Both families deserve closure and justice.

WOW!!! I am praying it is Stacey OR Lisa!!

FWIW.....blue barrel has been found near the remains.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Blue barrel HAS been found? or has NOT been found. I am reading there is no sign of the alleged blue barrel. Do you have a link for this?

IL - MALE found in Des Plaines River-Channahon- May 09 -Scott Dudko

The badly deteriorated, mostly skeletal remains were found 5/20/2009 by a clean up crew worker on the shore of the Des Plaines River in Channahon, Illinois, near the I-55 overpass bridge. The rib cage, spine, and upper leg bones (femurs) were found, along with what they say appeared to be panties and shreds of blue jeans with a small amount of US currency. They have not released an estimated height based on the femur bone length yet.

The ISP has found more evidence in a search yesterday, rumored to be another leg bone. DNA is being compared to high-profile missing area women, Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic, but no word on if the DNA is being compared to other missing persons cases in the area. DNA may take up to two weeks to return a result, but some sources were saying it may come back as early as next week.

I didn't see a thread here for this woman, but I thought she deserved her own thread separate from the Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic discussion threads. I feel that if this person is not identified as Stacy or Lisa, she deserves her own thread. There are many other missing women in Illinois, and this is a thread to review those possible matches.

Here are some links to news articles related to this recent discovery:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2618060.story

http://www.wbbm780.com/Additional-re...-River/4458855
    Last edited by Cubby; 07-28-2010 at 12:00 AM. Reason: title edit
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dee10134 For This Useful Post:

?

I'm not familiar with the area ......is this area they are at, along the banks only accessible by boat?
    I have not seen anyone walking to the bank from a road or path, so that is why I am asking if you can only get to this area by boat only........
    is this a mote area, small island surrounded by water?
    thank you in advance.

kiki the parrot answered my question below with her link.........thnks.
    Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 05-24-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: question answered...
    +
    Anneliese Michel

(21 September 1952 – 1 July 1976)
    [
    second chapter twelfth verse of Philippians]
    ["Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling"]

Emily Rose

[I]Des Plaines, IL. - New evidence found in the Des Plaines River is linked to the human remains found earlier this week. State police confirmed to Fox Chicago News that items were taken out of the river in Channahon...not far from where human remains were found earlier this week. Tera Williams has the exclusive report.

“They got here about three o'clock”

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news...r_New_Evidence

Last edited by JBean; 05-27-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: copyright infringe reduced text

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

Body pulled from Des Plaines River yields few clues
    Discovery rekindled interest in the cases of missing Will County women Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic
    May 26, 2009

No one knows yet how the body found along the Des Plaines River last week ended up there.

But if it was submerged, there's little doubt its journey through the debris-filled river was rough. It may have crashed into boat traffic that moves year-round, got stuck on logs and roots, and been impacted by fish, wildlife and the changing currents and temperatures. By the time it arrived onshore, not far from Big Basin Marina near Channahon, only portions of the midsection and partial leg bones were left...

Even if the body is identified, further investigation will likely be needed to tell how long it was in the water, or when the person died, said noted forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden, who is familiar with the cases of missing Will County women Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic.

Baden, who is not involved with last week's discovery, said the cause of death may never be known.

"This is the kind of body that could be in the water for one year, or five years, because there was a lot of destruction from the body," he said. "The first thing is, who is it. Once you know who it is, you can get a better determination of how the body got there."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3725267.story

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

Will, Grundy counties form crimes task force
    May 26, 2009 5:24 PM

Some of the Midwest's highest-profile unsolved crimes -- including the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and the slayings of five women in a clothing store -- may be investigated by suburban Chicago law enforcement agencies that have banded together.

Authorities in Will and Grundy counties, along with the Illinois State Police and the FBI, are forming a Major Crimes Task Force, officials said at a news conference Tuesday.

The task force, made up of 57 officers and crime scene technicians from 36 agencies, will take over homicide cases and suspected homicide cases when asked to do so by law enforcement agencies in communities where the crimes were committed.

Among the investigations the task force might participate in are the 2007 disappearances of Stacy Peterson of Bolingbrook and Lisa Stebic of Plainfield, the 2004 disappearance and murder of 3-year-old Riley Fox and last year's slayings of five women in a Tinley Park Lane Bryant store.

"We will be offering the assistance of our task force (in the Lane Bryant slayings investigation) and the same in the other cases," said Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow.

The discovery of human remains along the Des Plaines River last week underscored the need for a more regional approach to investigations, officials said. The body -- which has not yet been identified -- may have been dumped in the river several miles and several communities away from where it was ultimately found.

(Story continued at link)

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...k-force-1.html

DNA IS BACK. THE BODY IS A MAN AND IS NOT STACY PETERSON OR LISA STEBIC.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/p...052709.article
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dee10134 For This Useful Post:

Jesse Warren Ross Missing since: November 21, 2006 Last Seen: Sheraton Hotel and Towers in Chicago

Brad Olesn Missing January 20, 2007 from DeKalb, Illinois

Just a couple of names i know of that have been missing for awhile, so i thought i would post them..........just speculation though, nothing positive .
    +
    Anneliese Michel

(21 September 1952 – 1 July 1976)
    [
    second chapter twelfth verse of Philippians]
    ["Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling"]

Emily Rose

23. The Following User Says Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:

John Spira is also missing from the area.

Families of missing persons Brad Olsen and John Spira are anxiously awaiting the DNA results from the remains found near the Des Plaines River. More at link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...0,447413.story

kaelee

26. The Following User Says Thank You to kaelee2 For This Useful Post:

Remains found are not those of Spira or Olsen:

http://www.wbbm780.com/Still-no-ID-o...r-body/4651543

Still waiting for forensic anthropologists to provide more details to go on, though.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ChasingMoxie For This Useful Post:

It's a bit far distance-wise, but I don't know why I keep thinking Brian Shaffer on this one.

Identified as Scott Dudko, 32, a Woodridge, IL man last seen in December 2008 and reported missing in August 2009, about three months after his body was found. His death is being investigated as a homicide:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...100727.article
    Last edited by Cubby; 07-27-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: correct city name

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    NamUs link is already gone. I was hoping Carlk would do his 'magic' and post the recon and Scotts photo from the Charley link and the NamUs link before they were removed.

IIRC, the namus link is in John Spira's thread.

RIP Scott. Prayers to your family and friends.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    NamUs link is already gone. I was hoping Carlk would do his 'magic' and post the recon and Scotts photo from the Charley link and the NamUs link before they were removed.

IIRC, the namus link is in John Spira's thread.

RIP Scott. Prayers to your family and friends.
    Scott M. Dudko

Dudko, circa 2008

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: December 15, 2008 from Woodridge, Illinois
    Classification: Missing
    Date of Birth: November 17, 1977
    Height and Weight: 5'8, 130 - 150 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Dudko's hair is thinning and he usually wears it in a ponytail. He had a slight mustache and goatee at the time of his disappearance. He has a scar over his right eye.

Details of Disappearance
    Dudko was last seen in Woodridge, Illinois on December 15, 2008. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-13-2012 at 10:44 PM.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    TY Carl.

I don't recall a sketch at NamUs. I do recall looking at the rule out list and seeing John Spira's name.

I'm saddened Scott's case was not as well known as some of the other missing males from the NE IL area.

Sleep in Peace Scott
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

Poor guy...haven't heard about him missing before

I never saw a reconstruction and IIRC no skull was recovered. Rest in Peace, Scott. DNA from his late father's autopsy was matched to the remains; I wonder if his father died around the time Scott went missing. That might explain the delay in reporting his disappearance if the family was caring for their ailing relative.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast