Mike Tyson's 4 yo Daughter Found Hanging From Cord

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter is on life support and in very critical condition after her brother found her hanging Monday morning from a treadmill cord in their Phoenix home, police said.
While the girl's mother was cleaning in the house, Tyson's daughter was playing separately in a playroom.
The mother sent the girl's 7-year-old brother to look for the 4-year-old girl. The boy found his sister in distress and got his mother, police said. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521777,00.html

Thanks Suzie, How awful for this to happen. I know she is in the best of hands in ICU but am praying she will live thru the injury. xox

Her condition sounds very bad. I hope she can somehow make it.

How terrribly sad; just tragic. I hope she can gain consciousness and pull through this.

On the video in that O/P link the neighbor said the mother is a real sweet lady and really doted on her children. Can you imagine what she and Tyson are going thru right now at the hospital. And her big brother. Prayers for them all. xox

What a horrible tragedy. I'll say a special prayer for this angel's full recovery.

fran

What a horrible tragedy. I'll say a special prayer for this angel's full recovery.

fran

Hi Fran, She was probably trying to exercise like her mommy does. I don't know much about exercise equip :rolleyes:, but have a hard time visualizing cords on it and how this little girlie could get her head caught in them. xox

Hi Fran, She was probably trying to exercise like her mommy does. I don't know much about exercise equip :rolleyes:, but have a hard time visualizing cords on it and how this little girlie could get her head caught in them. xox

Lots of treadmills have cords coming out of the console part to clip on to your front (for some reason.) If she got it wrapped around her neck, and then the treadmill was on and pulling her back away from it, she could certainly get strangled. I don't know how this accident happened, but that's one way it could have happened.

Lots of treadmills have cords coming out of the console part to clip on to your front (for some reason.) If she got it wrapped around her neck, and then the treadmill was on and pulling her back away from it, she could certainly get strangled. I don't know how this accident happened, but that's one way it could have happened.

I believe you are referring to the safety cord. If working properly, it should pull the safety key out of the console, causing the treadmill to stop.

What a sad story.

You are right. One end of the cord has a clip on it that you would clip to your shirt. The other end of the cord has a "key" on it that inserts into a slot on the console. It is supposedly a safety feature. What is supposed to happen is that if you are walking on the treadmill and you slip the key is supposed to get pulled out of the console and when that happens it should turn the treadmill off. Maybe the treadmill wasn't even on and the little girl put the cord around her neck or slipped and she hanged herself that way.

Poor big brother who found his baby sister like this. My prayers go up for this family.

Hoping and praying this little gal pulls through. Such a sad case.
On my treadmill, this cord is connected to the console by a magnet, a tiny tug and it comes loose and the motor stops and the cord is not longer attached to form a loop. That's exactly why I chose this brand and model.

This sounds really bad - the fact that the child is on life support (respirator) is bad, bad, bad. How heartbreaking! My youngest grandson is almost 4 and they are just so curious at that age.

I hope and pray that this sweet little girls pulls through this terrible accident.

:( Poor little baby. I pray she comes through this. Exercise equipment always has me on edge. Our home isn't big enough anyway, but this story gives pause to investigate safety features on them should we ever decide to invest in any.

This sounds really bad - the fact that the child is on life support (respirator) is bad, bad, bad. How heartbreaking! My youngest grandson is almost 4 and they are just so curious at that age.

ITA :( They all need much prayer, it's beyond sad, that poor family.

Oh my goodness, this is so sad. Poor little baby. Prayers that she has a full recovery.

So, who is the mother? News stories just use the term "child's mother." Was MT living with them?

According to MT's bio, he has 6 children, yet the mother(s) of two of them are not mentioned. Was the 7 yr old brother MT's child, too?

Mikey Lorna (1990)
Rayna (1996) wife Monica Turner
Amir (1997) wife Monica Turner
Miguel Leon (2002)
Exodus (?)
(?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics