GUILTY NE - Evelyn Verdugo Paniagua, 3, raped & murdered, South Sioux City, 23 May 2009

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Police: Suspect in Girl's Rape, Murder Knew Family

SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Neb. — Authorities say the man suspected of raping and killing a young girl in her South Sioux City home was acquainted with her family.

De Jesus Melisio-Camacho is awaiting extradition to Nebraska on charges of first-degree murder, sexual assault and burglary. He's being held in Woodbury County, Iowa.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521682,00.html

The little girl's name is not mentioned so I am not sure if we have a thread for her case or not. I searched using the suspect's name and found nothing.

This just happened this past Saturday.

From the link in the post directly above:

South Sioux City police say he raped, sodomized, and killed a three year old girl inside her home in the early morning hours Saturday while her family slept.

That is scary!!

Oh I think i'm going to be sick! What is wrong with people? This poor child had to be screaming how could the family not hear?

OMG!! OMG!!! He is an illegal from Mexico. WHEN IS OUR GOVERNMENT GOING TO WAKE UP AND PROTECT OUR PEOPLE. This beyond ticks me off!!

GOD bless the soul of this helpless innocent baby. And bless her family and those who love her.
Horrible crimes such as this are simply not fathomable to me. This man and others like him are not human. This tiny child was killed by an animal, an animal who should never be allowed to experience freedom another day of his life. A solitary cell is the only existence he should now know, forever.

Vegas Bride, I'm really surprised her name is not mentioned in any of the articles. I know a sibling can identify him but he apparently knows the family so it's not to keep him from knowing who they are.

jnTexas, maybe he drugged her? Otherwise, they had to have heard something. I couldn't agree with you more about our government and illegals.

You are so right auntbaby. I hope he is never released to do this again.

I saw this yesterday. I just don't understand why suddenly, it seems there's a rash of crimes against these sweet little toddler girls.

Being the mother of four daughters, every time I see one of these pictures before these sweetpeas met their final fate, I can't help but cry. Every one of these pictures I've seen, reminds me of at least one of my girls when they were that age.

How can anyone harm these sweet-hearts?

Honestly, it breaks my heart and makes me weep.

I'm heartbroken once again,.........seriously.:(
fran

The thing that shakes me to my very foundation is that these monsters are undetectable. Do we have to put all these little toddlers in a bulletproof bubble until they can fend for themselves>? It makes me so angry that our society has these monsters that are invisible to the naked eye.
There are flags yes, but by even allowing repeat offenders to live in society is just like letting a rabid dog loose, imo. Why can't they just be shipped to a remote island where they can kill each other?
Let our children live their lives to the fullest, without these foul monsters hiding in the shadows.
These monsters get lawyers and it all ends up being a chess game between the prosecution and defense. That is why it happens more than it should. If these bastards were hung the first time they touched a child inappropriately, then other monsters would think twice. JMO

I don't know why, but when horrible things like this happen while someone is sleeping in their home, it shakes me to the core!

Sleeping in your bed, in your home, to me, is the time when people are the most vulnerable. It takes it to a deeper level when it happens to a child.

Think about your night time routine for your children. Relaxing bath, p.j.'s, snuggle time with a book or a song, bedtime prayers, kisses and hugs. All of these things are done to relax and give comfort to our babies. To even think about that beautiful, restful slumber being interupted by such evil.......it is too much to bear.

May God hold this family in the Palm of His Hand.

This creep had charges amended. I'm not real certain what that means.

They were changed to 1st degree murder and burglary. A seperate charge was for the sexual assault because it was the basis for the murder.

I'm not even sure if this guy is still even walking this earth. Plus I think there is a seperate smaller thread on this murder. At that one I couldn't even find the guy's name as the links were outdated.

What I am wondering is how they split the charge as the sexual assault for the murder would that get him more time? TIA if anyone knows.

http://www.ktiv.com/Global/story.asp?s=10474985&clienttype=printable

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prod3149
Back