I need help

RhdHighness

Reaction score
My son passed away in 1-2004 in Lubbock Texas, his wife cut off contact, I've been searching for my grandchildren for years. This weekend I found an article on line that his wife & new boyfriend beat my granddaughter so bad part of her skull had to be removed this happened months after my sons death. I called cps in Lubbock (I'm in New York) and they told me I have no rights, get a lawyer, I need help finding a probono lawyer in Texas, they wont even tell me if shes ok. Please if anyone can help me.
http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/100704/loc_100704028.shtml
My email is Rhdhighness@optonline.net. My family is sick over this, my Grandchildren are all we have left of my son.

The article says your granddaughter is in a Dallas hospital, but where are the other kids? I would probably start with a call to the Children's Protective Service in Lubbock and go from there. Good luck and don't give up! I believe you do have rights!~

Per that article - All of the children are currently in custody of Child Protective Services.

My son passed away in 1-2004 in Lubbock Texas, his wife cut off contact, I've been searching for my grandchildren for years. This weekend I found an article on line that his wife & new boyfriend beat my granddaughter so bad part of her skull had to be removed this happened months after my sons death. I called cps in Lubbock (I'm in New York) and they told me I have no rights, get a lawyer, I need help finding a probono lawyer in Texas, they wont even tell me if shes ok. Please if anyone can help me.
http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/100704/loc_100704028.shtml
My email is Rhdhighness@optonline.net. My family is sick over this, my Grandchildren are all we have left of my son.

I'm sorry for the loss of your son. I read the article about your granddaughter and what a horrible situation.

i'm looking for court records to see if the mother was convicted....

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=2452973&ClientType=Printable

10/19/04
Lubbock Grand Jury Indicts Woman On Injury To Child Charge

Source: Lubbock Co. Sheriff

A Lubbock mother will go to trial to face a charge of injuring her child.

24-year-old Christina Kasprzyk was indicted by a Lubbock Grand Jury Tuesday. According to a police report, Kasprzyk's 3 year old daughter was taken to the emergency room last month for a head injury. Kasprzyk claimed her daughter would bang her head against things to get attention. But, a physician at the hospital told police there was bleeding in the girl's brain, and that he believed the injuries were the result of abuse.

Have you contacted the reporter?

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. Have you tried Department of Children and Family services out there? Contacting the reporter who covered the story is another great suggestion. Considering the charges, I would imagine they are still under supervision of some sort (I hope) with DCFS/Family services. Being family, and considering it looks like the last story had them in protective custody, maybe there's a way to track them down that way.

Good luck and many prayers. I hope you're able to find the children and answers you need.

Lubbock cps says I have no rights, only the mother does & they wont even tell me if my Granddaughters alright, they were very rude, and I don't understand why we weren't contacted to take the children, they didn't even try, they said they didnt have my name, but no one in my family has moved or changed numbers. It doesn't seem Texas wants to reunite children with their families.

You have rights. How could you know - you are next of kin in this situation. Call the reporter, call the Dallas Hospitals. I actually didn't read the date of that article but it said she was transferred to a hospital in Dallas - start with Parkland Hospital and tell them you are trying to locate your granddaughter. I just called my sister who is a Domestic Abuse Attorney in PA, but no answer - just wanna see what she has to say.

And yeah, the mother might have rights, but not when she is in jail for beating the crap out of the child!!! What is the little girl's last name do you know - would it be your son's last name??? You can PM me if you want.

This is very strange did this case just drop out of the news after these two articles. I checked most of the news articles on line and it seems that right after the indictment in October of 2004 there is no more news on it.

http://www.jerrymelton.com/grandparents.htm - attorney in dallas - free consultations - read his website.

I would also gather to guess if she is in Dallas she is at the Children's Medical Center -

http://www.childrens.com/ - I'd call there and ask for the social worker and talk to her and tell her your situation. They are there situations such as this. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Keep us informed.

good article nanny - has the reporters name, but it says this happened in like 2005 or 2006 - i'm confused.

Nice to read that the SOB got life!

good article nanny - has the reporters name, but it says this happened in like 2005 or 2006 - i'm confused.

Nice to read that the SOB got life!

The first article is stating Sept.2004 and they were indited October 2004.
Interesting though,I can't find anything on what happened to Christina the mother.

So this happened a while ago and the children are probably with foster parents or something now????

wow this happened in 04 and the family just found out. That is soo wrong.

So this happened a while ago and the children are probably with foster parents or something now????

I don't know Poco,It concerns me that there is nothing in the news about mom being sentenced. I hope they did not give the children back. It's been almost 5 years.

Okay - I'm slowing down here. I wiped out my first response, because given the time factor, it probably wasn't reasonable. I didn't realize it had been almost 5 years. CPS in Lubbock had a responsibility to notify you of the children's situation. Get an attorney - write them a letter and make arrangement to go visit the kids. If the kids are in a good placement, you may not want to move them at this point in time. But you should be able to visit them.

My prayers are with you. I had nightmares about this exact situation until my son was awarded custody of his children. I am so sorry this is happening to you.

Salem

I am so baffled by this.. You absolutely have rights and why you weren't contacted astounds me. I would definitely insist on knowing how my gandchildren were,who they are with and get my rights as a grandparent.
Please keep us posted. I am praying for you and your grandchildren. I can not begin to imagine the agony that you are going through.

This is so horrible! I am so sorry!

I have no experience with this organization (just found them on google) but you may want to give them a call.

Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas

http://www.lanwt.org/

I am assuming that the crime that was commited against your granddaughter happened in Texas? Texas law applies, I would think.

Here are your rights as the Grandparent of her according to Texas:

http://library.findlaw.com/2000/Jul/1/131781.html

I agree with the other posters that urged you to contact a reporter as soon as possible. Media attention can possibly lead to a probono lawyer.

1. Learn your rights as a Grandparent according to Texas law.
2. Contact a reporter (preferably one who covered this case in the media in the beginning however, not crucial)
3. Start looking up lawyers in that area that the child resided in (the county she lived in when she was harmed) you will probably want a lawyer that handles family law. Call them and ask them if they will work on your case, if not probono, then for a nominal fee.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I am sorry that your precious grandchild was harmed in this way and I will be praying for you and for her.

Do whatever you have to do Gramma, go get that baby. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back