Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 867

Thread: PA-Bonnie Sweeten, 38 and Julia Rakoczy,9, Upper Southampton

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    212

    PA-Bonnie Sweeten, 38 and Julia Rakoczy,9, Upper Southampton

    Not sure where to put this, here or crimes, it is being investigated as an abduction. Bonnie Sweeten and her daughter Julia Rakoczy reported to be abducted after a fender bender around 2pm in Upper Southampton PA, put in the trunk of an older black caddy. Mom called from her cell. Cell was tracked to a tower @ 200 blk of S. 12th Street in center city Philadelphia, then lost the signal. FBI involved; KYW newsradio reported earlier an amber alert was planned, nothing yet. Her gold Denali has not been located PA license GYK 8998. Links: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6832725 http://www.kyw1060.com/Police-Invest...-Fende/4472995

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snackcakes66 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    212

    Amber Alert Issued

    NBC 10 just had the Amber Alert for Julia, it is also on the pa amber alert site. The Denali has also been described as silver instead of gold. http://www.amber.state.pa.us/amber/site/default.asp

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snackcakes66 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    962
    This is my neighborhood. Not the type of place that this would happen either. It's your typical suburban family neighborhood. It's shocking. We are about 25 minutes north of Philadelphia. I saw all the helicopters in the sky while driving home from work not knowing what went down. I believe it happened at 2 pm. I'll let you know what the local news says later.

  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Winnts For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    962
    Upon tracing the call, police determined the transmission was coming from a cell phone. They pinpointed the signal to a cell tower at the 200 block of 12th Street in Philadelphia. The woman's cell phone has since been turned off, a police source said.
    Officials are searching for two vehicles:

    • Suspect's Car
      Dark colored, 1990s model Cadillac
    • Sweeten's SUV
      Gold or silver colored, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali
      License place #: GYK-8998
    Sweeten said she heard her car speeding away (I assume while she was in the trunk). They are not getting a signal from the cell phone. That doesn't sound good.


    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-in-Trunk.html



    They are now saying (local channel 6 news) Sweeten made a total of (7) 911 calls. 2 of the calls were at length. No new updates, FBI is still working on the case and they have not been located as of 11:00 pm news. Last cell phone signal was approximately 55 minute drive time from where the abduction took place.
    Last edited by Winnts; 05-26-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: update.

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Winnts For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    212

    SUV located

    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6832725 They are also looking at a vehicle in the Hunting Park area with paint consistent with the Denali
    Last edited by Snackcakes66; 05-27-2009 at 07:20 AM. Reason: can't type this AM

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snackcakes66 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carolina Coast
    Posts
    10,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnts View Post
    Upon tracing the call, police determined the transmission was coming from a cell phone. They pinpointed the signal to a cell tower at the 200 block of 12th Street in Philadelphia. The woman's cell phone has since been turned off, a police source said.
    Officials are searching for two vehicles:

    • Suspect's Car
      Dark colored, 1990s model Cadillac
    • Sweeten's SUV
      Gold or silver colored, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali
      License place #: GYK-8998
    Sweeten said she heard her car speeding away (I assume while she was in the trunk). They are not getting a signal from the cell phone. That doesn't sound good.


    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-in-Trunk.html



    They are now saying (local channel 6 news) Sweeten made a total of (7) 911 calls. 2 of the calls were at length. No new updates, FBI is still working on the case and they have not been located as of 11:00 pm news. Last cell phone signal was approximately 55 minute drive time from where the abduction took place.
    -----------
    Someone help me here, please. I'm confused. If she made 7 911 calls, doesn't she know where she was driving when the fender bender happened? Is the cadillac in motion? Is someone driving it with her in the trunk?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    I'm thinking this mother set this up.

    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6832725

    Furthermore, police say they traced Sweeten's first 911 call to a cell phone tower near the location where the SUV was found, indicating it may have been there the entire time.

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Clearly Confused For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Here, but I'd rather be at the beach
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearly Confused View Post
    I'm thinking this mother set this up.

    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6832725

    Furthermore, police say they traced Sweeten's first 911 call to a cell phone tower near the location where the SUV was found, indicating it may have been there the entire time.
    I wonder if the first 911 call was when she reported the accident, or when she was calling to say she'd been kidnapped.
    Or maybe she called a non-emergency line to report the accident.

    This will be key to understanding whether or not mom is telling the truth.

    Or it still could be someone impersonating mom to cover for the real perp.

    I read that whoever called 911 claiming to be in the trunk gave her husband's name and a number where he could be found. I wonder if this is to set up an alibi. Maybe something happened earlier in the day, husband has someone make this call, and give info as to where to locate him, as this is all supposedly going down.
    Children don't stop dancing

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to SharetheLight For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,194
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheLight View Post
    I wonder if the first 911 call was when she reported the accident, or when she was calling to say she'd been kidnapped.
    Or maybe she called a non-emergency line to report the accident.

    This will be key to understanding whether or not mom is telling the truth.

    Or it still could be someone impersonating mom to cover for the real perp.

    I read that whoever called 911 claiming to be in the trunk gave her husband's name and a number where he could be found. I wonder if this is to set up an alibi. Maybe something happened earlier in the day, husband has someone make this call, and give info as to where to locate him, as this is all supposedly going down.
    I mean, if I am in a trunk with my child or if the story that she was taken in the other car, what ever. If I was in a trunk I would be telling them EVERYTHING possible for them to find ME and my KID. Not worry about how to get a hold of my husband especially if we are estranged and he's not even the father. This bothers me extremely.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,177
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheLight View Post

    Or it still could be someone impersonating mom to cover for the real perp.

    I read that whoever called 911 claiming to be in the trunk gave her husband's name and a number where he could be found. I wonder if this is to set up an alibi. Maybe something happened earlier in the day, husband has someone make this call, and give info as to where to locate him, as this is all supposedly going down.
    This is the line of thought that I'm favoring at the moment.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,800

    PA-AMBER ALERT-Julia Rakoczy, 9 year old

    An Amber Alert was activated this evening for a 9-year-old Bucks County girl who was kidnapped with her mother, authorities said.

    The mother, Bonnie Sweeten, 38, called police from the trunk of the dark-colored 1990s Cadillac shortly before 2 p.m. to report she had been abducted along with her daughter, Julia Rakoczy, by two unknown black males, said FBI spokesman J.J. Klaver.

    Sweeten told a 911 operator that her daughter was still in her family vehicle, a silver 2005 GMC Yukon Denali with Pennsylvania license GYK-8998, Klaver said.


    When local police arrived at the accident scene, both vehicles were gone, Klaver said.

    Philadelphia police got the 911 call, which was received through a cell phone tower at 12th and Walnut Streets in Center City, Klaver said. It was unclear if Sweeten was in or near Center City when she made the call.

    The mother and daughter were taken after they were involved in a minor accident with the Cadillac along Street Road in Upper Southampton Township about a mile north of the city, Klaver said.

    Rakoczy was described in the Amber Alert as 4 feet, 1 inch tall, 59 pounds, with long brown hair, blue eyes, and a dime-sized birthmark on her forehead. Her mother was described as 5'11", 130 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.



    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br..._daughter.html

    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-in-Trunk.html
    Last edited by Tonia; 05-26-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: added link with amber alert

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,800
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...t/AmberServletMissing Child
    Name: Julia Rakoczy
    Alias:
    Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Blue
    Skin Color: White Age: 8YO
    Height: 4FT1 Weight: 59LBS
    Gender: Female
    Description: Long brown hair, dime-sized birthmark on her forehead, unknown clothing.


  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,942
    Are there any witnesses to this accident, or is all the information coming from mom who's calling?

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:


  27. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Are there any witnesses to this accident, or is all the information coming from mom who's calling?
    From the articles it seems as if all the info came from mom..

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:


  29. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alive in the World
    Posts
    6,474
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Are there any witnesses to this accident, or is all the information coming from mom who's calling?
    WPVI reported she made 7 calls--one or two of them lengthy...and LE was able to gain information....
    As I walk through this wicked world, searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity. I ask myself--Is all hope lost? Is there only pain and hatred, and misery? And each time I feel like this inside, There's one thing I wanna know: What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Nick Lowe

    HALEIGH, LISA, ALIAYAH & ALL THE MISSING NEED US

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helplessly Hoping For This Useful Post:


  31. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    Any new news?

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joyce D For This Useful Post:


  33. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce D View Post
    Any new news?
    The second article was at 9:20 pm,that's all i can find as of right now.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:


  35. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,841
    How terrible and frightening. From what it sounds like they put the mom in the the trunk of their car and the daughter may be in the mother's car? I wonder if the men who they had the minor accident with didn't want her to "report" the accident. Maybe they had drugs or something else in their car. I'm worried for their safety.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:


  37. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeygal View Post
    How terrible and frightening. From what it sounds like they put the mom in the the trunk of their car and the daughter may be in the mother's car? I wonder if the men who they had the minor accident with didn't want her to "report" the accident. Maybe they had drugs or something else in their car. I'm worried for their safety.
    Conflicting reports:

    Sweeten told a 911 operator that her daughter was still in her family vehicle, a silver 2005 GMC Yukon Denali with Pennsylvania license GYK-8998, Klaver said.


    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br..._daughter.html

    Following the accident, Sweeten and her daughter Julia Rakoczy, 8, were grabbed by the two black men and thrown into the trunk of the Cadillac, she told police via a cell phone call from the car's trunk.

    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-in-Trunk.html

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:


  39. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,942
    There doesn't appear to be any witnesses and LE is getting all the info from mom. I was really hoping for some witnesses. I was going to look at the location for nearby businesses on google map and the coordinates given so far are not pulling up.

    http://cbs3.com/topstories/kidnappin...2.1019972.html

    "Until we can locate them and interview them, we don't really know," Klaver said. "Right now, we're treating this as an abduction based on the information provided in the 911 call."

    Authorities said Sweeten's husband is unclear of the whereabouts of his wife and daughter.

    "We don't have any other information to lead us to believe it's anything other than what has been said, that it's an abduction," said FBI Special Agent J.J. Klaver.

  40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:


  41. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    380
    if the "accident" was minor enough that both cars could be driven away, and the two black men didn't want their identities to be known, it seems like speeding away would be easier than grabbing two humans and putting them in their trunk. If that is the truth as to what happened, it could've been a targeted hit potentially? Either to these two individuals in particular, or being in the wrong place at the wrong time...

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucky2 For This Useful Post:


  43. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    An Amber Alert was activated this evening for a 9-year-old Bucks County girl who was kidnapped with her mother, authorities said.

    The mother, Bonnie Sweeten, 38, called police from the trunk of the dark-colored 1990s Cadillac shortly before 2 p.m. to report she had been abducted along with her daughter, Julia Rakoczy, by two unknown black males, said FBI spokesman J.J. Klaver.

    Sweeten told a 911 operator that her daughter was still in her family vehicle, a silver 2005 GMC Yukon Denali with Pennsylvania license GYK-8998, Klaver said.


    When local police arrived at the accident scene, both vehicles were gone, Klaver said.

    Philadelphia police got the 911 call, which was received through a cell phone tower at 12th and Walnut Streets in Center City, Klaver said. It was unclear if Sweeten was in or near Center City when she made the call.

    The mother and daughter were taken after they were involved in a minor accident with the Cadillac along Street Road in Upper Southampton Township about a mile north of the city, Klaver said.

    Rakoczy was described in the Amber Alert as 4 feet, 1 inch tall, 59 pounds, with long brown hair, blue eyes, and a dime-sized birthmark on her forehead. Her mother was described as 5'11", 130 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.



    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br..._daughter.html

    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-in-Trunk.html

    Oh my god ..

  44. The Following User Says Thank You to marla For This Useful Post:


  45. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,101
    I have a bad feeling about this. The cell phone pinged 20 miles from where the accident supposedly occured. I hope this isn't another Susan Smith.

  46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:


  47. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,101
    http://ydr.inyork.com/ci_12452608

    Sweeten said she was phoning from the trunk of the Cadillac and her daughter was with her at the time. Klaver says the call was traced to a downtown Philadelphia cell phone tower.

    Another conflict. Was the child in the Denali or the Cadillac? I hope they can follow the cell phone pings.

  48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:


  49. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,841
    They are missing for over 9 hours now, since the Mom's call from the trunk. That's a long time.

  50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. PA PA - Shelley Diane Luty, 19, Upper Darby, 23 Aug 1982
    By ihadcabinfever in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 12-18-2014, 10:07 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 07:20 PM
  3. Severe Weather Likely Today in Upper Midwest
    By Dark Knight in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 06:02 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 06:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •