KY KY - Robert Honeycut, 31, Knott County, 5 May 2009

Tonia

Reaction score
Man missing after car accident

A Knott County man is still missing nearly three weeks after a car accident just miles from his home. Police say Robert Ray Honeycut walked away from the accident and vanished.

Family members say they have not heard from Robert Ray Honeycut since May 5th, the day of the accident. They say for Honeycut to go this long with no contact, something must be wrong.

Glen Honeycut says his son Robert left his home in Litt Carr and was on his way to the store. He says, "About 30 minutes later I got a call back saying he had wrecked."

Honeycut's step sister Lisa Smith passed the scene of the accident on Highway 160 minutes after it happened, "There was three or four people walking beside the road, and it was in a curve that wasn't safe to stop or to linger and you couldn't stop. And I just kept on going and I didn't know until the next day that it was robert that had wrecked."

There are still skid marks on the road where Honeycut's car went over the guard rail and down the embankment. After that, family members say they are unsure exactly what happened. Witnesses say they saw Honeycut come to the main road with visible injuries, but he was gone before police arrived.

"They told us he came up the hill, went to a car, and got in it," says Glen Honeycut.

Lisa Smith says, "We've been told that they've seen him go back over into the hill where the car accident was. Then we've been told that he has been seen in Double Kwik. We've been told everything."

Smith fears something must be wrong to not hear from Honeycut in nearly three weeks. "If he could possibly communicate with his mom and dad, he would at least get a phone call through to them, because I know they want him home."
There is a five thousand dollar reward for information that brings Robert Honeycut home.

honeycut+1.JPG

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/46024327.html

Information from an entry on Kentucky Missing adults:
http://kentuckymissingadults.com/

(Note: I do not know the criteria for submission to this site, please be advised that the stats for Robert may include errors)

Robert Ray Honeycutt

AKA:---------

Missing Since: 5/5/2009

Sex Male

Race White

Age 31 (At time missing)

Age 31 (Current)

Hgt 5Ft 6In
Wgt 160-170
Hair Blonde
Eye Blue

Stands 5'6" to 5'7" weighing 160-170 Lbs. Reddish Blond hair with blue eyes. Goes by Robert, little to no facial hair, reddish Tint. Tattoo of Panther on Right Shoulder, a large bird across his shoulder blades.

Law Enforcement Agency: Kentucky State Police
Report Number: 1-800-222-5555
Reward:

It's been close to a month now. I hope Robert is okay and will contact his family soon.

He has been missing for seven months now.

His family hasn't seen or heard from him since his car accident on Kentucky State Route 160.

one thing that raises a question mark with me is what caused the accident to begin with? There were skid marks and injuries, but were there any witnesses that might say what caused him to go off the road?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back