843 users online (134 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Robert Honeycut, 31, Knott County, 5 May 2009

Man missing after car accident

A Knott County man is still missing nearly three weeks after a car accident just miles from his home. Police say Robert Ray Honeycut walked away from the accident and vanished.

Family members say they have not heard from Robert Ray Honeycut since May 5th, the day of the accident. They say for Honeycut to go this long with no contact, something must be wrong.

Glen Honeycut says his son Robert left his home in Litt Carr and was on his way to the store. He says, "About 30 minutes later I got a call back saying he had wrecked."

Honeycut's step sister Lisa Smith passed the scene of the accident on Highway 160 minutes after it happened, "There was three or four people walking beside the road, and it was in a curve that wasn't safe to stop or to linger and you couldn't stop. And I just kept on going and I didn't know until the next day that it was robert that had wrecked."

There are still skid marks on the road where Honeycut's car went over the guard rail and down the embankment. After that, family members say they are unsure exactly what happened. Witnesses say they saw Honeycut come to the main road with visible injuries, but he was gone before police arrived.

"They told us he came up the hill, went to a car, and got in it," says Glen Honeycut.

Lisa Smith says, "We've been told that they've seen him go back over into the hill where the car accident was. Then we've been told that he has been seen in Double Kwik. We've been told everything."

Smith fears something must be wrong to not hear from Honeycut in nearly three weeks. "If he could possibly communicate with his mom and dad, he would at least get a phone call through to them, because I know they want him home."
    There is a five thousand dollar reward for information that brings Robert Honeycut home.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/46024327.html

Information from an entry on Kentucky Missing adults:
    http://kentuckymissingadults.com/

(Note: I do not know the criteria for submission to this site, please be advised that the stats for Robert may include errors)

Robert Ray Honeycutt

AKA:---------

Missing Since: 5/5/2009

Sex Male

Race White

Age 31 (At time missing)

Age 31 (Current)

Hgt 5Ft 6In
    Wgt 160-170
    Hair Blonde
    Eye Blue

Stands 5'6" to 5'7" weighing 160-170 Lbs. Reddish Blond hair with blue eyes. Goes by Robert, little to no facial hair, reddish Tint. Tattoo of Panther on Right Shoulder, a large bird across his shoulder blades.

Law Enforcement Agency: Kentucky State Police
    Report Number: 1-800-222-5555
    Reward:
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

It's been close to a month now. I hope Robert is okay and will contact his family soon.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

He has been missing for seven months now.

His family hasn't seen or heard from him since his car accident on Kentucky State Route 160.

one thing that raises a question mark with me is what caused the accident to begin with? There were skid marks and injuries, but were there any witnesses that might say what caused him to go off the road?

Missing Knott County Man Still Not Found One Year Later

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/92926354.html

Posted: 10:17 PM May 5, 2010
    Reporter: MacKenzie Bates
    Email Address: mackenzie.bates@wymtnews.com

One year ago Wednesday Night, A knott county man vanished after he wrecked his car. Family members say they still do not know if Robert ray Honeycutt is alive or dead.