1206 users online (241 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Does this Motion Make Sense?

This is from today's news (it was posted by an Angel ). One of the motions for tomorrow's hearing is the following:

Baez also wants jail officials to stop monitoring and disclosing any communication between Casey Anthony and her defense team.

Click Here for the Article

Does this motion make sense? I thought that it is a given that communication between a lawyer and the client is protected and therefore is not monitored. So, why make this type of motion?

Because Baez is ignorant ??

ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    Once again JB is asking to be set on a pedestal above everyone else. Why should he have to abide by the same rules as everyone else. After all....his "girl" is special!

It does to some degree if you read section 11 on the second page. In discussing Tammy Uncer's discussion with LE concerning the event (the audio that was accidentally released in the last doc dump), Baez states:

Since no conversations between the client and her attorney occur in front of any jail personnel - the means by which this communication was obtained is highly questionable to say the least.

He seems to believe that the jail is spying on him. It should be interesting to hear a discussion concerning all of this!

Baez motion: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20meeting.pdf

kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Wouldn't you hope a criminal sitting in a jail cell would be monitored 24/7? Regardless if an attorney is there or not. Who's to say she won't hypervenilliate again over news of something negative like say a possible release of a jailhouse video. All this noise comming from JB's camp has me thinking someone should monitor KC for a suicide watch the day the video is released. Those two together is a scary thing to be left alone could be dangerous or coniving from what has been said to date.
    F " All You Need Is Love !"
    ~~ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY~~
    " The Greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attentions " Gray Wats

Lindsey Love You're A
    " FIREWORK "
    ~"Come on baby show'em what your worth, Come on let your colors burst feeling brighter than the moon as you shoot across the sky, MAKE'EM GO, AH! ,AH! ,AH!...~
    One Republic - "Come Home"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA7Ej9N_5Y

Family friends son Stefano Langone from Kent Wa. won his Golden Ticket to Hollywood ! Enjoy the listen ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq299kOo6C8 Soulful Spirit...

I will be interested to see how this motion is viewed by the judge.

I understand why lawyer/client conversations should be confidential...but that is already in place.

To me...it sounds like he is whining...like a child that tells on another child.
    Sitting. on. hands.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    It does to some degree if you read section 11 on the second page. In discussing Tammy Uncer's discussion with LE concerning the event (the audio that was accidentally released in the last doc dump), Baez states:

Since no conversations between the client and her attorney occur in front of any jail personnel - the means by which this communication was obtained is highly questionable to say the least.

He seems to believe that the jail is spying on him. It should be interesting to hear a discussion concerning all of this!

Baez motion: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20meeting.pdf
    If he feels the jail is spying on him and his client, can't he charge them with something? Why does he have to file a motion to ask that LE do something that they by law are supposed to do anyway?

It's against the law to speed. So, if you get caught speeding aren't you handed a speeding ticket? Does the officer instead take you before the judge with a motion that you be instructed not to speed?

Quote Originally Posted by brownflower View Post
    If he feels the jail is spying on him and his client, can't he charge them with something? Why does he have to file a motion to ask that LE do something that they by law are supposed to do anyway?

It's against the law to speed. So, if you get caught speeding aren't you handed a speeding ticket? Does the officer instead take you before the judge with a motion that you be instructed not to speed?
    That's what I don't get about the motion. As you said, it doesn't make sense. He cites a bunch of legal cases about LE listening in to attorney-client phone calls and videotaping their meetings.

We all know about the release of the infamous video. Wasn't there also discussion of a copy of a surveilance video (without sound) of the meeting between Baez and Casey that day where (supposedly) Baez is all upset and Casey seems angry at him?

I read the entire motion and it only barely mentions the clinic video at all.

I'd bet we're going to hear a lot of babble about violations of the darlin' prisoner's rights!

I just hope the SA can hold his temper in!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    That's what I don't get about the motion. As you said, it doesn't make sense. He cites a bunch of legal cases about LE listening in to attorney-client phone calls and videotaping their meetings.

We all know about the release of the infamous video. Wasn't there also discussion of a copy of a surveilance video (without sound) of the meeting between Baez and Casey that day where (supposedly) Baez is all upset and Casey seems angry at him?

I read the entire motion and it only barely mentions the clinic video at all.

I'd bet we're going to hear a lot of babble about violations of the darlin' prisoner's rights!

I just hope the SA can hold his temper in!

Hmmm... I'm beginning to wonder if the InSession thread and what was posted there is related to this motion.

I'm also starting to wonder if the motion is connected to the investigation to have JB disbarred.

Hasn't Baez twice been serriously admonished for violating jail security and contact protocols? There is no way that the jail will ever consider not monitoring his contacts with an inmate. The policy is there principaly to insure among other things the safety of every lawyer that comes into the facility, his own stupid butt included.

This is from today's news (it was posted by an Angel ). One of the motions for tomorrow's hearing is the following:

Baez also wants jail officials to stop monitoring and disclosing any communication between Casey Anthony and her defense team.

Click Here for the Article

Does this motion make sense? I thought that it is a given that communication between a lawyer and the client is protected and therefore is not monitored. So, why make this type of motion?

To me, he is filing this motion to smear the staff at the jail. If it will be interesting to see if he can prove they are actively monitoring attorney/client meetings.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
    Hasn't Baez twice been serriously admonished for violating jail security and contact protocols? There is no way that the jail will ever consider not monitoring his contacts with an inmate. The policy is there principaly to insure among other things the safety of every lawyer that comes into the facility, his own stupid butt included.
    Forgive my ignorance. What exactly did JB do to receive admonishment?

Hmmm... I'm beginning to wonder if the InSession thread and what was posted there is related to this motion.

I'm also starting to wonder if the motion is connected to the investigation to have JB disbarred.
    (from Orlando Sentinel Article)
    "Baez also wants jail officials to stop monitoring and disclosing any communication between Casey Anthony and her defense team." (italics mine)

For sure JB seeks no disclosure of any non-verbal communications (if we're to believe "In Session" Article).

Tragically, I believe this "ineffective counsel" has contributed to solidifying KC's defenses, which might otherwise have lessened during critical phases in her
    incarceration, resulting in her being more cooperative with SA, to include going for a plea. Thanks for nothin', JB!
    Last edited by Verité; 05-27-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: correct spacing

Quote Originally Posted by Mamabear1963 View Post
    I will be interested to see how this motion is viewed by the judge.

I understand why lawyer/client conversations should be confidential...but that is already in place.

To me...it sounds like he is whining...like a child that tells on another child.
    Reminds me of when George, in the depo, complained to Keith M. that he didn't "appreciate" the middle finger being shown to him...pathetic, all of them !

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    Reminds me of when George, in the depo, complained to Keith M. that he didn't "appreciate" the middle finger being shown to him...pathetic, all of them !
    Exactly...the whole mentality of "Mom, he is picking on me"
    Sitting. on. hands.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast