Woman age 66 gives birth to a baby boy

songline

Reaction score
Britain's oldest mother, aged 66, gives birth to a 5lb 3oz boy
A woman of 66 who had IVF treatment has given birth to a baby boy - making her Britain's oldest new mother.
Elizabeth Adeney and her newborn son

SNIP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-mother-aged-66-gives-birth-5lb-3oz-boy.html

Well I guess by the time she is 86 she will need a 20 year old hunk to help her around.. :)

I really do hope she has younger family members - just in case. Wow this boy may be solo at a young age.
But I do wish them well.

66??? Zoinks!!! That's crazy! I still have a few years before I even get close to reaching 40, and I am WAY WAY WAY too old to have another baby!!

That being said, I hope they are both healthy!!!

Gawd! Makes me glad my uterus is in a Landfill somewhere in Denver, Colorado! :eek:

She looks GREAT though! BEST wishes to her and Baby Boy!!

I'm sorry but that is just selfish in my opinion. Her child will probably spend most of her late teens or twenties taking care of mom. And even if she looks good for her age, most 66 yo's won't have the physical stamina to keep up with a toddler.

I don't think it was the best idea on her part. The poor baby could be an orphan before he's a teenager.

What was the mom thinking? I'm 32 and think I'm too old to have anymore. LOL

I had my two oldest (now almost 18 and 13) when I was in my 20s. Now I'm 40 and have a 15-month-old. It's exhausting! It is definitely different at this age. In some ways it's harder (I have rheumatoid arthritis, so that makes things like buttoning tiny buttons difficult, and going up and down the stairs with a 20-lb baby difficult), but I'm also much more relaxed (for instance, willing to let the dishes sit while I play with the baby instead).

Best of luck to her. I hope she's around to see her son into adulthood.

She does look amazing, but better her than me!! LOL

Reminds me of the 60 yr+ mom in CA who had #14 last year!! She was already a gma!!

Oh wow! Congrats! and best of luck with the baby. I hope she has lots of help in case it's needed.

She's my mom's age and my mom's healthy as a horse but says that she's completely exhausted when she's had my kids over for a weekend.

I don't think the IVF clinic is quite ethical.

66??? Zoinks!!! That's crazy! I still have a few years before I even get close to reaching 40, and I am WAY WAY WAY too old to have another baby!!

That being said, I hope they are both healthy!!!

I had my children at 32 1/2 and 40 1/2. It was easier physically to raise my younger son, to do things with him, but I also feel I was a good mother to the older son in a more mature way, decisions, etc.

I think the woman did what she felt was best for her life, and I believe she will be a good mother to the child. This is a very much wanted child, whereas many young mothers find themselves in an accidental childbirth position.

And I thought I was old...just had a baby 3 months ago...I am 45 1/2...I will be 61 when she gets her license.

I had my first child at 21 I could run and play...but I am a much calmer mom to this little one...each one gets an almost different mom.

Good luck to them both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back