1332 users online (218 members and 1114 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    I agree he's either dead or in prison. But for someone who seemed to really want credit I'm surprised he didn't find a way to leave his mark after death. And even if he died suddenly or in an accident he seems like he would have been prepared..."This was the Zodiac speaking" from a safe deposit box. Unless family does know and doesn't want the stigma...

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Like Jack the Ripper, I think most (but not all) who are really into the case don't want it solved-too much much fun conjecturing. That's perfectly ok too.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

My Thoughts on the Zodiac Killer

Quote Originally Posted by mysterymike View Post
    I have been obsessed with this case for about 25 years. This is the first time I have posted on this thread.

JMO here.....
    I honestly believe Zodiac is dead, and probably has been dead since the 1980's or before.

Unlike some cases, I believe there is an excellent chance that the real Zodiac is NOT any of the several suspects that have been investigated since the late 1960's. But I do believe he may have been questioned at one time or another just in passing, probably back during the killings and was probably dismissed for whatever reason.

I certainly do not believe Zodiac is any of the main suspects on Voight's zodiackiller website, especially Richard Gaikowski. I've read about him and it just doesn't hold water with me. As for ALA, for a long time I believed he was a great suspect until i saw that interview of him in 1992 before he died. I know this doesn't sound like a good reason to dismiss a suspect, but the tone of his voice and the way ALA said "I'm not the damn Zodiac" convinced me he really wasn't Zodiac.

I also am not convinced that Cheri Jo Bates is a Zodiac victim. What real evidence is there linking him to her? What, the fact that the killer wrote about the murder? That's not a real good reason in itself. Where is Riverside, and how far is that from the San Francisco area? I'm not that familiar with California. I always thought Riverside was near LA. If it is near LA, why do people think her murder was done by Zodiac, given that his hunting ground was in the SF area? I need more evidence to convince me on this connection.

In reality, I have no idea how many people Zodiac actually murdered, or how many other unsolved murders there are that can actually be attributed to Zodiac himself where a connection has yet to be made. It is, of course, possible that he really did commit at least 37 murders as stated on his letters, but we'll probably never know that for sure.

I believe there was just one killer, and he stopped killing probably either because he was sent to prison maybe for another murder, he died, became incapacitated some way like in an accident, or maybe even just stopped killing all together and lived out the rest of his life like BTK did without killing. Who knows? Either way, i believe he has been dead for decades.

You would of thought that a family member or friend would have discovered evidence he was the Zodiac after he died or went to prison. Usually serial killers like that love to keep memento's of their kills. So, either he burned all traces of those mementos before he died or his family is keeping that deep dark secret amongst themselves forever. Either way, I honestly believe we'll never know because more than likely it will never be solved.

I could probably come up with more theories but that's enough for now.
    Of course, this is JMO only.
    Whoever the Zodiac Killer is he never went to prison or was arrested because we have a fingerprint from the Stein murder.

He most likely stopped killing because he almost got caught after killing the cab driver.

I believe he also killed Cheri Jo Bates. The handwriting is similar. Especially the letter "F".

A question I have is has each stamp from each letter been tested to even see if even the DNA matches each other? Also, with today's science can't someone do touch DNA and see what we come up with?

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23