838 users online (115 members and 723 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by morf13 View Post
    GYKE strikes me as a Hippie,counter culture type,into art,etc. Just cant see him being Zodiac,and ill bet the ranch that his DNA will not be a match.Then he can go in the drawer with ALA,and Mr.X,and everyone else that doesnt have definitive evidence linking them as Zodiac. That's the problem with this case. There are a ton of suspects,and "persons of interest",and they all seem to have some promise,but all lack solid conclusive evidence.

I don't know what type of person Zodiac was,but i tend to agree with most that he was pretty smart,had some interest or background in military,or was a wannabe. If the suspect description from the Stine murder is correct,then he would fit the Military conservative style vs . the GYKE hippie type.

I also am of the opinion that Zodiac stopped writing,or killing altogether after Stine's murder,because he realized how close he was to getting caught. There was a skectch,and witnesses,possibly even the police themselves saw him. They had possible finger prints from the Stine scene.Sure Zodiac said it was some rubber cement or whatever on the tips of his fingers,but why wouldnt he say that? Think about it.You realized that you made a big mistake and now they have your prints,he probably told them that his prints were fake to try to get them to discount the print they found. The kids that saw him said he was wiping down the cab.Why would he need to do that,if he wore gloves,or had fake fingertips on? I really believe that was a mistake on his part,and he got scared. So what i want to know is,did the SF police ever enter the print off the cab into a database anywhere? If Zodiac ever applied for certain ID's,licenses,gun permits,military,or was arrested,his prints may have been taken,and could be on file some place.
    Hey morf, have you seen Michael Butterfield's site recently? He now has a section for Gaikowski 'The Worst Zodiac Suspect Ever'. Interesting...

Some people have assumed the name ZODIAC was picked by the killer because of the watch,and the fact the watch had a crosshair logo.But the above refernces for the name ZODIAC,directly in the area of Vallejo & SanFran,certainly makes it possible that he chose the name based on the local connection,vs the watch. [/COLOR]
    I'm torn on this. Regarding where Zodiac lived, I definitely think he lived in Vallejo, I'm almost 100% sure of it. Based on the geographic profiling and the epicenter of the crimes, etc. Also, I think the motivation for killing Stine was to gain attention in "the big city". I don't think Z was a city dweller.

When you think about the fact that only several thousand (maybe less) white males of the appropriate age lived in Vallejo, and even way less than that fit the profile of Z... hmm. Penny for your thoughts?

Yeah Obsessed,i did see that.He has some things going on,and i am sure he is busy now,but will update the GYKE section on his site soon
    Follow me on Twitter @TrueCrimeGuy or via my sites
    http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

Is this a possible Zodiac influence?
    Possible Zodiac influence?
    -1969 Prophetron Zoltan Fortune Teller- Take a look:

http://marvin3m.com/arcade/zoltan.htm

This is one of those old mechanical fortune teller machines that you used to see at fairs,carnivals,etc.As a matter of fact,if you ever watched the movie BIG starring Tom Hanks,it was similar to the type of machine that Hanks used that made him big.

You put in your money,the machine comes to life and usually starts out with "this is Zoltan speaking" Sounds familiar huh? like "this is the Zodiac speaking" In addition,the 12 signs of the ZODIAC are laid out on the front of the machine. Between the name Zoltan sounding like Zodiac,and the similar greeting of "this is Zoltan speaking" vs. "this is the Zodiac speaking",it seems possible that this could be a Zodiac influence.

Heres a video of it:
    YouTube - Re: My Audition, YouTube + 312 other subjects... 8/14/07 2:4
    I tend to think no, on this. I think the name Zodiac either came from the watch or your military connection, as laid out above. I also think Z was definitely either then active military or just recently discharged military (circa 1968-1969). That's why the escape root through the Presidio was so effortless (as he mentioned in his letter after the Stine killing).

Please give your opinions on the samples when compared to each other. Do we have any hand writing experts here?
    No expert, AT ALL, but the writing looks very good to me. My question is, does the author of the letter mention the "Harvard Police"? Or am I just having trouble reading this.

I think about one person associated with Harvard and Zodiac, Michael O'Hare. But, I don't think about Mr. O'Hare...I'm thinking about his accuser.

Police sketches

Okay, we all know Z said he looked "different' when he "did his thing". Simple question...which one of these gentlemen was Z:

Or

The first one is based on the children from the house across the street where Stine was shot. As well as David Foulke and Eric Helms account of the person the encountered that night.

The second one is the suspect that was seen hanging around Lake Berryessa (I think). The two really look nothing alike, IMO.

My long time question has been, which one is Z? If sketch number one isn't Z, then could the person that the person everyone thinks is Z truly isn't? What I mean is..for instance.. Mike Rodelli says Mr. X looks like a dead ringer for the composite, in 1969. As does (IMO) the author of Times 17.

But what if Z was the second composite...then what?

The Zodiac has always intriqued me so Im enjoying reading this! PLEASE KEEP POSTING!
    I have nothing to contribute as Im just a casual observer but I am interested in suspects/theories beyond Graysmiths (Ive tried reading on some Zodiac sites but its to "clique-y" for the unintitated).
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    The Zodiac has always intriqued me so Im enjoying reading this! PLEASE KEEP POSTING!
    I have nothing to contribute as Im just a casual observer but I am interested in suspects/theories beyond Graysmiths (Ive tried reading on some Zodiac sites but its to "clique-y" for the unintitated).
    I hear you Vespa and too agree with your opinoin about the Zodiac sites. But, most boards are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zobsessed View Post
    No expert, AT ALL, but the writing looks very good to me. My question is, does the author of the letter mention the "Harvard Police"? Or am I just having trouble reading this.

I think about one person associated with Harvard and Zodiac, Michael O'Hare. But, I don't think about Mr. O'Hare...I'm thinking about his accuser.
    BINGO! That's what i thought too.
    Penn authored an article for the California’s magazine New West, written under the pseudonym “George Oakes,” and titled, “Portrait of the Artist as a Mass Murderer.” In the story, Penn described his theory that the Zodiac used a combination of binary numbers and Morse code to disguise his identity in the text of his letters. Binary numbers are used to compress language into a code of sorts.(this paragraph borrowed from Micahel Butterfields site Zodicakillerfacts.com-great site check it out)

Did you also notice in the leter where it says "binary theory"?
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    Some of the Zodiac sites are very political too,and if you dont agree with the common beliefs of try to think for yourself,you get banned,or deleted.I dont need that childish stuff.We are all adults,and are entitled to our own ideas,thoughts and beliefs.
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

Did you also notice in the leter where it says "binary theory"?
    I absolutely did. And before G.P. wrote Times 17, who in the world ever came up with a Radian Theory. I still don't understand it, honestly. But, I'm not a member of mensa like G.P.

I don't know if you have seen this before, it's from Christopher Farmer's site. someone posted a pic of G.P. from 1980. If you ask me, it's the closest I have ever seen to the SFPD 1969 composite of Z leaving the Stine murder scene. Take away the beard, give him a crew cut and the same glasses and, viola!

I think your theory about him being spooked after Stine is absoutely accurate. I have read that G.P.'s second wife had their first child in 1970 and they had another in the late 1970's which could explain why Z's life "changed". I have 3, it is indeed a life changing experience.

This is all circumstantial, and all of this stuff has been laughed at by Voigt and others... but I'm telling you, my gut tells me otherwise.

- He would have access to Wing Walkers.
    - He could have escaped into the Presidio and would have been confident in his surroundings.
    - He came up with a theory that NO ONE had ever considered as a motivating factor, or at least a reasoned factor behind Z's killings.
    - He accused someone else of being Z and tried to ruin his reputation. Why? To deflect attention?
    - He claims to have been a suspect at one time but to my knowledge, never was. Why does he claim this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zobsessed View Post
    I absolutely did. And before G.P. wrote Times 17, who in the world ever came up with a Radian Theory. I still don't understand it, honestly. But, I'm not a member of mensa like G.P.

I don't know if you have seen this before, it's from Christopher Farmer's site. someone posted a pic of G.P. from 1980. If you ask me, it's the closest I have ever seen to the SFPD 1969 composite of Z leaving the Stine murder scene. Take away the beard, give him a crew cut and the same glasses and, viola!

I think your theory about him being spooked after Stine is absoutely accurate. I have read that G.P.'s second wife had their first child in 1970 and they had another in the late 1970's which could explain why Z's life "changed". I have 3, it is indeed a life changing experience.

This is all circumstantial, and all of this stuff has been laughed at by Voigt and others... but I'm telling you, my gut tells me otherwise.

- He would have access to Wing Walkers.
    - He could have escaped into the Presidio and would have been confident in his surroundings.
    - He came up with a theory that NO ONE had ever considered as a motivating factor, or at least a reasoned factor behind Z's killings.
    - He accused someone else of being Z and tried to ruin his reputation. Why? To deflect attention?
    - He claims to have been a suspect at one time but to my knowledge, never was. Why does he claim this?
    Great find on the photo. I have only seen a couple pics of him,and they were newer than 1980. WOW,take off the beard,and give em a haircut and he does look like the Z sketch. As far as radians,binary,etc,math and geometry are not my strongest areas,so i dont know anything about that stuff. But if you add his background,his connection to the area,his history of writing to papers,etc, he certainly makes an interesting person of interest.Once again,i am not saying he was Zodiac,and i am not trying to ruin his name or rep.By the way,here is a sample of what i am almost positive is Penn's handwriting(which i have to say does NOT match any Zodiac writing i ever saw,but then again i dont know that Zodiac ever wrote in cursive)

In regards to Penn and how he relates to BOSTON,heres a youtube video about Joan Webster. Joan Webster was the woman from Harvard who was killed,and who Penn accused Michael Ohare of murdering. Watch the video and at 6:47 into the video,listen to what she says,and see who it sounds like:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbym7FjN5xY"][COLOR=#810081]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbym7FjN5xY[/COLO"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

ZOBSESSED,i wanted to send you a PM,but you have your settings setup so that I cant send you a private message. Please send me a PM,i would like to talk with you privately
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

Great find on the photo. I have only seen a couple pics of him,and they were newer than 1980. WOW,take off the beard,and give em a haircut and he does look like the Z sketch. As far as radians,binary,etc,math and geometry are not my strongest areas,so i dont know anything about that stuff. But if you add his background,his connection to the area,his history of writing to papers,etc, he certainly makes an interesting person of interest.Once again,i am not saying he was Zodiac,and i am not trying to ruin his name or rep.By the way,here is a sample of what i am almost positive is Penn's handwriting(which i have to say does NOT match any Zodiac writing i ever saw,but then again i dont know that Zodiac ever wrote in cursive)
    I hear you, and I agree I definitely don't want to smear anyone. I think the only reason his name has ever surfaced is because he injected himself into the investigation. Yet another trait of those that are guilty is that they want to help investigators.

Very interesting find on the hand writing. I've never seen a Z writing sample in cursive either, to my knowledge there isn't one. But it is, again, interesting that G.P. wanted so badly to implicate O'Hare. Have you read O'Hare's article where he breaks his long held silence?

Crazy..lots of Z stuff bubbling up in the last few weeks..Perez..Gaikowski's DNA testing..O'Hare publishing an article. Z's greatest hits.......

In regards to Penn and how he relates to BOSTON,heres a youtube video about Joan Webster. Joan Webster was the woman from Harvard who was killed,and who Penn accused Michael Ohare of murdering. Watch the video and at 6:47 into the video,listen to what she says,and see who it sounds like:
    [COLOR=#810081]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbym7FjN5xY[/COLO"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Sounds like someone of note, for sure. Would love to see that composite..

ZOBSESSED,i wanted to send you a PM,but you have your settings setup so that I cant send you a private message. Please send me a PM,i would like to talk with you privately
    I can't seem to PM you. I don't have that capability apparently. Let me work on that.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast