Casey defense team wants tough questions asked of prosecutors??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmfstl

I am here for one reason "CAYLEE ANTHONY"
Reaction score
After court today the Attorney team for Casey held a news conference including introducing the new attorney on the team.

JB requested the media start asking the other side (SA) tough questions.

One suggestion they made was why has the DP been placed back on this case when they say it is not a DP case.

What type of questions do you think should be asked of the SA as it is up to the State to prove Casey's guilt in this case.

reference:

http://www.wftv.com/video/19591538/index.html

I watched the video of the defense team ( their comment's after the hearing). Mr M. (atty from California) said that we should ask the state, or the reporters should ask the state why they brought back the DP, after it had been waivered. I believe LKB made a comment about Casey being prosecuted like she is Ted Bundy. I am sure the state has their reason for bringing back the DP...I believe that reason to be the use of Duct Tape in the murder of a child. A child that was the Defendant's daughter.

I have no right to ask the state anything, they have the burden of prooof at trial, not before. Whatever evidence they put to the GJ was enough to get a Murder Indictment...The Defense doesn't want to show their hand before trial, I am pretty sure the state doesn't either. It's simple, if the state doesn't have enough evidence to convince a jury of 12 Orange County, FL citizens, Casey will walk or there will be a mistrial. If the state has the goods, and I believe they do, Casey will pay for the murder of her defenseless daughter.

After court today the Attorney team for Casey held a news conference including introducing the new attorney on the team.

One suggestion they made was why has the DP been placed back on this case when they say it is not a DP case.

What type of questions do you think should be asked of the SA as it is up to the State to prove Casey's guilt in this case.

reference:

BBM
Curious as to Why Baez made this statement..trying to turn the "hounds" on the lawyers for the SAO in hopes of catching them say something he can use...JMO.
It has been stated by the SA office that they will not speak to the media about this case. And I have not seen any of the SA lawyers working on this case give an interview or go on a media tour after any of the hearings.
I have heard the SA only speak of the findings of the Grand Jury, that they were seeking the DP, then the DP removed, then DP put back on the table due to aggravating factors..other than that I haven't seen them on the media train.

LOL - Nice try at misdirection JB

SA will not answer you or the public

they will present their case at trial

I suggest you stop the media events

prepare your own case - your clients

life is at stake

reference:

Ask them when? When they give their regular press conferences? Oh wait ... the SAO does not hold press conferences!! JB needs to start working on the questions he is going to ask at trial and quit worrying about the questions that reporters should be asking!! Oh how I would have loved for Kathi B. to have asked, "What journalism school did you attend, Jose?"

reference:

You mean they want us (the Public) to ask the State's Attorneys' office to start yapping and possibly taint the jury pool? No, thank you.

I expect to hear the State's theory of the case at trial.

But, if the death penalty is concerning them so much, perhaps they should focus FIRST on the guilt phase (and their strategy for that) and THEN what they are going to do for the penalty phase of the trial if she's found guilty. Personally, while she likely will be found guilty as charged, I don't think the public will give her the death penalty if the defense gets to WORK and starts putting all their ducks in a row (regarding Casey's possible mental instability, upbringing, family life, past history, drug abuse, and all the mitigating factors they can dream up).

If I am not mistaken the new atty. during this media moment stated she would be filing several motions over the next few months as to why this is not a DP case. What I found interesting was when she stated somewhere along the lines of her motions will be very clear as she is a Prof. and is impeccable about her writings.

Did anyone else catch this. And do you think this was a jab at JB for the way his motions have been filed.

LOL - Nice try at misdirection JB

SA will not answer you or the public

they will present their case at trial

I suggest you stop the media events

prepare your own case - your clients

life is at stake

JB really doesn't want to do any work at all, does he?
Now he wants the media to do his job. He must think the SA
is a loose lipped fool..........oh wait, that would be JB.

If I am not mistaken the new atty. during this media moment stated she would be filing several motions over the next few months as to why this is not a DP case. What I found interesting was when she stated somewhere along the lines of her motions will be very clear as she is a Prof. and is impeccable about her writings.

Did anyone else catch this. And do you think this was a jab at JB for the way his motions have been filed.

She is well published, well practiced and well respected! That is for sure!!! I posted a "ton" of information about her here ...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84639&page=2

She is quite the catch for JB! I wonder though, if competing egos will become a factor??

"I want to help you... on educating you in certain things... in covering this case"

Thank God the media professionals can now learn, courtesy of JB, how to do their jobs which they've done for years.

"I employ upon all of you to do your job and to do a thorough job"

Employ upon? What? :confused:

reference:

I just watched the video, Baez wants to educate us!! I'll pass.
Macaluso has a nasty side, snarling at Kathi at the end.
Lyons seems impressive, can't wait to see how that turns out.
LKB, as always can't shut up. What a team! aye aye aye

I just watched the video, Baez wants to educate us!! I'll pass.
Macaluso has a nasty side, snarling at Kathi at the end.
Lyons seems impressive, can't wait to see how that turns out.
LKB, as always can't shut up. What a team! aye aye aye
I think I prefer Andrea L as well, hopefully she will take the lead in the courtroom from here on out. She is a breath of fresh air, after putting up with the other clowns in this circus, for almost a year now.

I'm just confused as to why they believe "this is not a death penalty case".

If the state proves their case, you have a murdered baby girl, whose mother killed her and had NO REMORSE, went on her daily life as if nothing happened, lied to authorities, her family, etc.

and let's say this again: SHE KILLED an innocent, loving, beautiful child.

IMO. the DP is back on due to the way Caylee was found. Duct taped, triple bagged, and thrown away like garbage.

I'm just confused as to why they believe "this is not a death penalty case".

If the state proves their case, you have a murdered baby girl, whose mother killed her and had NO REMORSE, went on her daily life as if nothing happened, lied to authorities, her family, etc.

and let's say this again: SHE KILLED an innocent, loving, beautiful child.

that deserves a million thanks dear cause you just said it all. I do NOT support the DP (although some cases try me and this is one of them) but I can see why if someone might get it, this might be the reason

I don't know but you made me laugh. It is kind of like saying, "I am a fine cook, well trained in preparing all kinds of cuisine" and then under the breath "unlike the pig slop you've been eating as of late".

I think I prefer Andrea L as well, hopefully she will take the lead in the courtroom from here on out. She is a breath of fresh air, after putting up with the other clowns in this circus, for almost a year now.

I'll wait and see before I decide about her. My knee jerk reaction is that there has to be something seriously flawed about anyone who would become involved in this case. So far I don't think any of these people have clean hands...

I find it interesting that while she is sure this is not a DP case, she also, in the same breath, says she is new to the case.

What then, after reading all that we have read in the discovery, will she have to say? SHe should have aquainted herself more with the case before publically siding with the defendant and the lawyer who is claiming her innocence. To agru against the DP is one thing, but to go as far as innocent is another. Good for TL for getting out while he could.

I find it interesting that while she is sure this is not a DP case, she also, in the same breath, says she is new to the case.

What then, after reading all that we have read in the discovery, will she have to say? SHe should have aquainted herself more with the case before publically siding with the defendant and the lawyer who is claiming her innocence. To agru against the DP is one thing, but to go as far as innocent is another. Good for TL for getting out while he could.

I also picked up on that statement she is new to the team and it will take her a few months to review everything.. Dah, so how do you know there isn't enough evidence for the Death Penilty. I know her blog is impressive and it's only been one interview for her ( ONE TOO MANY) and I am sure there will be lot's more..I guta tell ya I am not impressed with her. My intuition is telling me she is just like the others,blowing smoke !! I got a kick out of Baez acting like a spoiled child with Kathy the reporter. nanananana:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member