Season's 1st tropical depression forms in Atlantic

Dark Knight

Reaction score
MIAMI – The National Hurricane Center says a tropical depression has formed off the mid-Atlantic coast, but it's not expected to threaten land.

The National Weather Service counts the depression as the first of the 2009 Atlantic hurricane season, which officially begins June 1.

The depression's maximum sustained winds are near 35 mph. Forecasters say it could strengthen to a tropical storm Friday but then is expected to weaken or dissipate by Saturday.

Forecasters expect the depression to stay over the Atlantic, where it's moving toward the east-northeast near 16 mph.

Around 11 p.m. EDT Thursday, the depression was centered about 255 miles south-southeast of Nantucket, Mass., and about 500 miles south-southwest of Halifax, Nova Scotia.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090529/ap_on_re_us/us_tropical_weather

I saw that yesterday DK - here we go again............

I always dread hurricane season! It begins on June 1st - just about right on time this year. Maybe this year will be a light one for hurricane activity.

Poco, I see you live in Flora-frickin-duh! Well, I live in Louisi-frickin-ana!! Two states along with Alabama, Mississippi, and Texas being the favored hurricane states.

:crazy:

And I live in Missi-frickin-ssippi lol.
Ahhh, here we go again! We have decided we will try to buckle down this yr and actually stay around for whatever may come. Every yr we drain savings trying to run from the storms and it usually ends up being unnecessary.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back