Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pizza Guy Helps Save Abducted Rape Victim

Pizza Guy Helps Save Abducted Rape Victim

Pizza Deliveryman Helps Save Abducted Rape Victim From Remote Mountain Cabin

Friday , May 29, 2009

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. —An alert deliveryman spotted a woman tied up inside a remote cabin in Tennessee's Smoky Mountains while dropping off a pizza, and police said his 911 call helped rescue the kidnapping and rape victim....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
    Last edited by adnoid; 05-30-2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Please don't post entire articles.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jaycee For This Useful Post:

I saw this interview on our news last night, and this guy is a HERO.

He stayed calm enough that the abductor didn't realize he had seen the victim; even saying, "Have a good night. Enjoy your pizza!" before leaving.

Then he walked to the neighbor and called 911.

Thank God for him, and that the criminal was cocky enough to think he could get away with this. I hope they put him under the jail.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

It makes me wonder about other missing women in that area.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaycee For This Useful Post:

Wow! So many stories don't end up this way. Good thing the abductor was a dummy. I commend that pizza man! He deserves a raise for sure.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittenish For This Useful Post:

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Quote Originally Posted by kittenish View Post
    Wow! So many stories don't end up this way. Good thing the abductor was a dummy. I commend that pizza man! He deserves a raise for sure.
    Certainly a raise, a promotion & a LARGE reward. God bless the good people he has put in this world. Thank you God.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schmerty_Jones For This Useful Post:

Thank God for the Pizza guy, but the monster Janson was let out on bond! Deputies felt that he was going to kill his victim, but he is now out and could run away. How disgusting. Wonder if he has money or something.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

I saw this on the news tonight. I was so happy that the pizza guy saw her. He is a hero. I also agree with the above poster that he should not be out on bail. Why would someone this dangerous be walking around free? I sure would not want to run into him.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angeleleven For This Useful Post:

Thank God that POS ordered pizza. I am impressed with how that hero kept it together. He quite possibly saved her life!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

I am glad she is OK, but there is something a bit hinky about this case to me. Maybe I am just a bit too jaded????

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    I am glad she is OK, but there is something a bit hinky about this case to me. Maybe I am just a bit too jaded????
    How so, Reannan?
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

WOW, I would tip that guy big time!

I read a little more info on Yahoo. It said that the victim and her husband own a restaurant/bar. The rapist/kidnapper was a patron so that's how she knew him. Probably had it planned and had been watching, knowing what time she went jogging. Sounds like a predator and he had it all planned out with the rental car and maybe even a rape/murder kit that the deputies found. The pizza guy and his wife also stayed in the area making sure the kidnapper didn't flee with the victim before deputies arrived. He's a true hero and so is his wife.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

He was released on a 800K Bond? Holy ***** that's 80K up front. This guy has some money backing him. I wanna know from who? And who in their right mind would support someone like that. I'm sorry but if someone backs someone like this, they should be outed big time.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

They let him go,,,LET HIM GO!!! What's up with that?? I fear now for the safety of the Pizza guy..The perp knows where he ordered the pizza from and saw the delivery man's face..that makes him an easy target for this nutcase. I just can't believe our so called Justice system. Grrrrr...

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kathleen For This Useful Post:

I feel the same way all you do. The pizza guy is such a wonderful hero who undoubtedly saved her life.

And I'm also flabbergasted that the perp was let out at all .

So am I to understand that some guy who likes to abduct, tie up, and rape women is out on the streets right now??

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

ok the pizza guy is a true hero.. kept it together , got involved and immediatly reported the crime he saw in action _ so glad there are some good guys/grils our there. Kudos to him!
    However I have a question.. was there any mention of a report of the woman being missing or were family and friends asked about her whereabouts? it seems strange she went jogging before lunch and was discovered 200 miles away around 8pm .. didnt the husband get worried that she wasnt back from her jog, that he couldn reach her, that her car and belongings were still at home but he couldnt locate her? I dont mean to in anyway blame the victim or her husband but am curious that there is no mention that he was concerned and had started searching for her with or without a missing persons report..

31. The Following User Says Thank You to opme For This Useful Post:

Debbie3223 is offline Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light. :o)

Unhappy

and this is why im scared to go into the woods... camping etc... ugh

hope he dont come to asheville..

apparently so Mr E

Kill em all... let God sort em out

Aint i nice?

So this involves 2 states? She was abducted in Georgia and found in Tennessee?

Wow, he should not be on bond. He could be cleaning up evidence of other crimes right now. I hope the police are watching his every move. I mean..that could be why he is out on bond. They want to see what his next move is.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StealthTheory For This Useful Post:

I don't understand why he was let out either...

We go to Gatlinburg fairly often, on our next visit we are having pizza at that place!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorJ4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StealthTheory View Post
    So this involves 2 states? She was abducted in Georgia and found in Tennessee?

Wow, he should not be on bond. He could be cleaning up evidence of other crimes right now. I hope the police are watching his every move. I mean..that could be why he is out on bond. They want to see what his next move is.
    Hopefully there is some kind of method to this madness on the part of LE...

I agree that this woman's entire family, the driver and his wife are all in danger. A repeat sex offender is monstrous enough. A repeat sex offender sex offender with that much cash is even worse. A repeat sex offender who has possibly multiple residences, in multiple states.......

Can't this blanking blank be charged in multiple jurisdictions, or at the federal level because he crossed into another state during the "aggravate kidnapping"?

He is from GA, was he allowed to move out of state, I mean wouldn't he of had any conditions on his first conviction that he had to notify authorities of moves etc.?

Here is another article that has a picture of him, not that any one wants to look at his ugly mug but for protections sake if you are in the area.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31002300/

Why are they willing to risk that another woman will suffer at the hands of this blank? Why are they willing to risk that a possible next victim will not be so lucky? Urrggggg!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    Thank God for the Pizza guy, but the monster Janson was let out on bond! Deputies felt that he was going to kill his victim, but he is now out and could run away. How disgusting. Wonder if he has money or something.
    WHY?? I cannot fathom this. Everyone who responded to the scene agreed that this man was going to kill this woman. Why would a judge let someone like that out on bail?

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Surly this was publicized in the place where this happened. If everyone here is upset, they probably are too. Especially if they own a business frequented by the community, they are probably well know and well liked in the community, hopefully people will say something.

If I just lived in that town I would be because I wouldn't feel safe in a place that slaps rapists on the wrists.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:

My husband delivers pizza. He was reading over my shoulder when I saw this. He said "Way to go Pizza Man!" Sometimes it's the delivery people or dog walkers who run across these crimes.

My beloved Jared
    12/18/83-11/19/84
    Gone too soon by violence.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otise For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Dude was LET OUT on 800K bail and police believe the victim is STILL in imminent danger?

(Believe knocks on the judges head) Hello is anyone in there??? He took her 200 miles and was going to murder her.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast