MO MO - Sherry Wrisinger, 40, and Johnna Wrisinger, 16, Richmond, 6 June 1986

Kathee

Reaction score
An elderly man living in the Ozarks has been charged with murder in connection to his wife and daughter vanishing 23 years ago.

Ronald Wrisinger was indicted yesterday on two counts of first degree murder in the disappearance of Sherry Wrisinger, 40, and Johnna Wrisinger, 16, of Richmond, MO., on or about June 7, 1986. Richmond is northeast of Kansas City.

Mods, I thought that I dould post this in the cold case forum too. This is going to be a long process for justice for these women and I didn't want it to get lost in the crimes in the news section.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/05/man-charged-with-murder-in-wife-and.html

May justice now be swift.

From the article above:

Ronald Wrisinger never reported his wife and daughter missing.....his brother filed a missing persons report with police three months after they went missing.

Wow! I would love to know what evidence LE now has to charge him???

I would love to know what LE officer kept this alive and kept digging. THAT, my friends, is a true hero!!! Kudo's to whoever pursued this case and refused to let it lie dormant in the basement of an evidence room.!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:We rarely EVER get this kind of news!!!

Fabulous!!! I remember this case very well. It's great LE finally has their man. Would love to know what pushed this to an arrest.

From the article above:

Wow! I would love to know what evidence LE now has to charge him???

I can not wait to see what evidence led to this arrest.

An elderly man living in the Ozarks has been charged with murder in connection to his wife and daughter vanishing 23 years ago.

Ronald Wrisinger was indicted yesterday on two counts of first degree murder in the disappearance of Sherry Wrisinger, 40, and Johnna Wrisinger, 16, of Richmond, MO., on or about June 7, 1986. Richmond is northeast of Kansas City.

Mods, I thought that I dould post this in the cold case forum too. This is going to be a long process for justice for these women and I didn't want it to get lost in the crimes in the news section.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/05/man-charged-with-murder-in-wife-and.html

I love hearing about a cold case that gets solved. Thanks for this post!

This gives me hope that soon there will be an arrest in the disappearance of Jennifer and Adrianna!!! Thank you for posting this! :blowkiss:

Because the grand jury charged Wrisinger there will be no preliminary hearing. When Wrisinger was arraigned it completely bypassed the Associate Circuit Court level and went directly to Circuit Court....meaning that he has been bound over for trial according to Prosecutor Thompson.

We will have to wait until his trial to learn what the state has, unless he dies in prison first, he is 67 years-old. The trial could take as long as two years to be heard.

Update: I do not think this is solved. I looked around and saw some conflicting reports of this case being dropped.

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/local_news.php?id=65

charges have been dropped against a man arrested last year in Boone County, Arkansas.

Sixty-eight year old Ronald Wrisinger had been charged with killing his wife and teenage daughter, who were last seen in June of 1986. The Kansas City Star reported earlier this month that the unexpected death of a key witness in the case has resulted in the charges being dropped against Wrisinger

What a tragedy... to be so close this many years later. Good people at least tried to do the right thing. He will get justice eventually here on earth or after. IMO

Haven't seen anything since what was posted for 3/2014. But here are their Charley profiles.

It states that charges could be filed if more evidence ever shows up.
Maybe somebody other than the deceased witness knows something about it...

Sherry K Wrisinger

Johnna Dee Wrisinger

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10