FL - Abadoned newborn found in box in Ocala, baby ok!

From the article that lisalei321 posted:

...The newborn, a girl believed to be between 3-7 days old, was found unharmed in a QVC box, along with a blanket, a piece of clothing, and a diaper. Paramedics took the the girl to the hospital where she was checked out and found to be in good health...

Oh thank goodness! I was cringing when I opened that link.

I'm very frustrated that the Safe Haven law is not being used in many cases. It's so easy. Why? Why dump a child? Grrrr.

:( Unreal ..
Thankfully, the little girl is okay ..

The news article makes it sound as if this box with baby inside, was near a busy intersection.
There was a yellow blanket inside, a yellow outfit and a diaper.

You would think that in Florida with a safe haven law, why leave the baby out by a road? Just drop it off. No questions asked.

I would think the hospital could tell if the baby was born at home with just mom present. The umbilical cord might have been tied off differently than a hospital.
Also, baby in a qvc box.
If the qvc box looks new, maybe someone ordered something recently from qvc and the owner can be traced.
Maybe a security camera caught the license plate of the truck.
Busy time of day, could be someone saw something.
I hope so.

At least, baby is alive and can be adopted by good parents who want her.

Thank goodness the baby is ok!

With Safe Haven laws in place all over this country, I don't understand things like this. With the Safe Haven law, if you want to drop your baby off somewhere safe, you can. No questions asked, and no detectives will be trying to track you down to charge you with a slew of charges. Why would someone not do that? I don't understand.

I think that every doctor's office, every high school, every college dorm, and every health care clinic, should have posters and handouts telling ALL expectant mothers (and every female student) about the Safe Haven laws. It should be discussed in high school health classes, as well.

I think that, too often, these mothers are not even aware of the Safe Haven laws.

If they're looking for a man seen there on Friday, and the baby was found Saturday afternoon, does it mean that the baby was there overnight? :(

Thankfully she's fine.

At least she wasn't killed. I was relieved that she was healthy and safe. I can't understand how anyone could carry a baby for 9 months and then dump her like trash.

Thank God a miracle for once. So glad this little angel was found alive and in time.

The news article makes it sound as if this box with baby inside, was near a busy intersection.
There was a yellow blanket inside, a yellow outfit and a diaper.

You would think that in Florida with a safe haven law, why leave the baby out by a road? Just drop it off. No questions asked.

I would think the hospital could tell if the baby was born at home with just mom present. The umbilical cord might have been tied off differently than a hospital.
Also, baby in a qvc box.
If the qvc box looks new, maybe someone ordered something recently from qvc and the owner can be traced.
Maybe a security camera caught the license plate of the truck.
Busy time of day, could be someone saw something.
I hope so.

At least, baby is alive and can be adopted by good parents who want her.
Hopefully they left the shipping label on the carton........ That would be too cool.

I think that every doctor's office, every high school, every college dorm, and every health care clinic, should have posters and handouts telling ALL expectant mothers (and every female student) about the Safe Haven laws. It should be discussed in high school health classes, as well.

I think that, too often, these mothers are not even aware of the Safe Haven laws.

Cleo this is an excellent suggestion! It should also be discussed in the boys health classes too. We need to make a community effort in our individual communities or states to make sure that the public is educated about this law and how it can be used to save babies.

That baby is a miracle. Who knows what the circumstances surrounded her abandonment are, but I am always amazed that there isn't an instant bond of some sort between all women and their babies. My last baby was a surprise, and I didn't feel the same excitement and anticipation for her as I did for my two older (now teen) daughters. But as soon as I saw her when she was born, it was instant, pure love.

I can't imagine what would cause someone to leave a baby in a box on the side of the road.

They can bring the sweet angel to me...I can have the nursery ready in an hour!
Seriously though, what is wrong with these girl's that they have so little regard for life? There are just sooooooo many more options rather than abandonment or murder. H3ll, she could've walked into any hospital, fire station, or police station, handed over the baby and just left. But noooooooo, it's just so much easier to pitch a baby onto the side of the highway and forget it ever existed. I just don't get it!

While I hope that the parents can be found so they can be punished, I am always so worried that babies will be returned to homes when they would be so much better off being adopted and raised by parents who love them.

Police, DCF still trying to ID abandoned baby
Officials hope someone will recognize the infant and come forward.

http://www.ocala.com/article/200906...=Police-DCF-still-trying-to-ID-abandoned-baby

Look at her precious face!!:)

Also, has a link to the 911 call...

I hope whoever left her there knows she was covered in ants!:furious: and that it haunts them for the rest of their lives!
How sad that she will never know when her birthday is!
I pray for a wonderful family for this sweet angel.

Someone was watching over this little one. She is just so beautiful. I wish they would let me have her, I would take her and love her soooooo much. I hope a loving family gets this sweetheart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back