Mauricio R. - Someone to consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
This guy has a history of taking little girls out of their homes and trying to rape them. He was not listed on Florida's SO Registry. He was caught after going into home and taking a 4 year old child. Have they established his alibi for when Haleigh went missing? Has he been to Satsuma? Are they looking at him at all as a possible POI in her disappearance? If not, they should be.

ORLANDO -- Orange County deputies revealed shocking new details in the attempted kidnapping of a 4-year-old girl Thursday.

A sex crimes investigator said Mauricio Reyes, 46, broke into the girl’s home through the sliding back door, grabbed the girl, bound her with duct tape and then took her to the garage.

Reyes then took a pair of her mother’s high-heeled shoes from a closet near the garage before locking the girl in the garage with him.

~snip~

Neighbors News 13 spoke with said he has a wife and children, but they rarely saw him, saying he normally would come home in the middle of the night.

~snip~

Back in 2007, authorities said Reyes did the same thing, except the girl was 8 years old. She screamed and her mother ran him off.

He also has a history of prowling and loitering. Authorities said he would masturbate in front of people’s windows.

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/5/18/man_arrested_in_attempted_kidnapping_of_girl_4.html

Orange County investigators said a dark-haired man broke into a home in the Andover Cay subdivision in east Orange County early Thursday while the family inside was sleeping.

The girl's parents awoke about 4:30 a.m. when they heard her scream. The man had grabbed the child from her bed and taken her into another room. Her father chased the intruder, who escaped out a window.

Detectives said they think the break-in, which occurred through a window, was sexually motivated.

A 7-year-old boy was sleeping in another bedroom.

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/i...ntinel_1min&feed:c=topstories&feed:i=46977751

The attempted abduction happened around 5:00 Thursday morning in the Andover Cay subdivision in East Orange County. Detectives say Reyes broke through a window and snatched the 4-year-old girl from her bed.

Investigators also disclosed a bizarre ritual that happened inside the home. They say Reyes sealed the 4-year-old's mouth shut with duct tape, took her into the garage where he made a bed for her and then took her mother's high-heel shoes and laid them next to the little girl, before going back into home to search for more items.

"[The suspect] Goes into the little girl's room, sees her sleeping, removes out of her dresser drawer pair of shorts. Takes the child, brings her into the garage where a make-shift bed was made on the floor of the garage. He binds her with duct tape, gags her, mouth and hands, goes into closet next to the garage door where he removes two pairs of women's high-heel shoes and brings them in next to the victim, " said Mankewich.

~snip~

"We looked into his history and found out that three times in the 1990s he had been caught for loitering and prowling, masturbating in front of windows while people were inside," Mankewich said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/19489838/detail.html (Bolded by me)

That occurred to me, as well when I first heard it. That was after the thought that JB may try to use it for KC's case. I would definitely be worth looking into.

What a sick freak..
Didn't he have some ties to Putnam County?

Reyes is a popular name. I found a 46 YO from Miami. I'll see what else I can find.

Correction. He is from (born in?) winter Park and his DOB is 12/12/1964

here's some of the towns he's lived in per intellus:

Orlando, FL
Miami, FL
Winter Park, FL
Orange Park, FL
Fpo New York, NY

Reyes is a popular name. I found a 46 YO from Miami. I'll see what else I can find.

Birthday for him is 12-12-64 per Orange Count inmate listings. Also, middle name is DeJesus

I hate to say it, but it is possible the PCSO may not be in direct contact with OPD or OCSO about this perp. I wish someone would take Reyes photo and show it around Satsuma. We know he drove a Jeep, drank Natural Ice beer, and his hair was longer, bushy, and curly before he cut it prior to his arrest.

ETA: I thought calling him a possible POI was on target? With his MO in the other two cases, it parallels the facts of this case. Also, is there a reason we cannot use his full name? He has been in the media, has been arrested, and charged with two abductions now.

PCSO needs to be made aware of this guy.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but in the first pics of the mobile home in the trash there was some beer cans I think, or it might of been a beer box - I just remember seeing something that had to do with beer. I will see if I can find a pic from the beginning. This guy leaves beer cans behind, also there was that abandoned building the dogs tracked to that the door was opened but they did not find anything inside.

I would truly like to believe this might be related....but I am taken aback by his apparent modis operandi, it seems this guy enjoys the thrill of removing the child from their bed and moving them to a different room in the house to set up his molestation setting. Do we know if he has ever removed a child from the home and not returned them? I don't understand why this guy is walking around free if he committed a kidnapping and molestation...and he isn't registered as a sex offender? TIA for info

I would truly like to believe this might be related....but I am taken aback by his apparent modis operandi, it seems this guy enjoys the thrill of removing the child from their bed and moving them to a different room in the house to set up his molestation setting. Do we know if he has ever removed a child from the home and not returned them? I don't understand why this guy is walking around free if he committed a kidnapping and molestation...and he isn't registered as a sex offender? TIA for info

Exactly, why is he free to do this again? that's the problem, our laws concerning sex offenders are nothing more than slaps on the wrists. either put them all on a deserted island to play "survivor" or just kill them.

Exactly, why is he free to do this again? that's the problem, our laws concerning sex offenders are nothing more than slaps on the wrists. either put them all on a deserted island to play "survivor" or just kill them.

I favor the RSO tat on the forehead.:)

If it's known that he's done it several times, how the heck can he not be listed on the SO registry?

The problem is Reyes wasn't on anyone's radar for whatever reason. I would have to believe these are not the only two cases he is associated with and they simply haven't put them all together yet. There certainly could be more victims. Remember, he was caught both times by people and he took off. Who knows what he would have done if he had not been caught or where he would have taken them?!

He was so brazen to take the last girl out to the garage (not sure if it was an attached garage) then return to the house to gather more items while people were sleeping there. He even stopped and got into her dresser for shorts before he removed her. This sounds exactly like the type of perp who would take Haleigh's shirt off and stop to put it in the laundry basket where it was found by Misty and LE.

I wonder if Misty is missing any clothing? It sounds like he has a shorts and heels fetish.

Excellent sleuthing SS! Although I too am appalled this guy is out roaming around free as a bird!! He's a BOLD

OMG! Child taken from the house into the garage to a make-shift bed. Child's mouth and limbs are duct taped and he puts her in a make shift bed and putting items from the house next to her in the bed. Lingers of Caylee and HaLeigh.

This carp does happen.

This is disturbing on many levels.

Wow, SS!

"Nice" find on this guy! What a serious . It makes me sick that there are people like this just free to roam the streets with our children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73