817 users online (120 members and 697 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

KS - Dr. George Tiller, 67, shot to death at his Wichita church, 31 May 2009

WICHITA, Kan. The attorney for George Tiller says the late-term abortion provider was shot and killed Sunday at his Wichita church.

Attorney Dan Monnat said Tiller, one of the nation's most visible and strident advocates for abortion rights, was shot as he served as an usher during morning services at Reformation Lutheran Church. Monnat said Tiller's wife, Jeanne, was in the choir at the time of the shooting.

The clinic run by Tiller, 67, has repeatedly been the site of protests for about two decades.

A protester shot Tiller in both arms in 1993, and his clinic was bombed in 1985.

Capt. Brent Allred said police were looking for a gunman who fled in a 1993 light blue Ford Taurus registered in Merriam.

No other details about the shooting were immediately released.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,523581,00.html

Well, now all the statements of carefully qualified condemnation can commence from the religious right.
    I live next door to Kansas- our local paper has published letters to the editor from anti abortion activists, some of them disturbing. When you focus so much on one aspect of something you loose your balance. The president's speech at Notre Dame seems to have brought out all the noise and fury from these people. From the tone of some of them, they wouldn't seem to mind someone killing our leaders.
    Sometimes I fear for our country.

They are looking for a white male in his 50's, last seen in a powder blue Ford Taurus with the Kansas tag 225BAB. The tag is traced back to a residence in Merriam, a town near Kansas City, KS. Reports confirm that a suspect matching the description was pulled over near Gardner, Kansas Sunday afternoon.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/...0Fh-CuudA.cspx

The good Dr. goes to church? The Lutherans must me very liberal.

Suspect is in custody, and the alert re: the car has been canceled.

Oh boy.

Snick1946, you are right. When you focus too much on one aspect of something you lose balance. The far right and the far left do this. Terrorists do this.
    [/I]

Statement from George Tillers family:

"Today we mourn the loss of our husband, father and grandfather. Today's event is an unspeakable tragedy for all of us and for George's friends and patients. This is particularly heart wrenching because George was shot down in his house of worship, a place of peace.

We would like to express the family's thanks for the many messages of sympathy from our friends and from all across the nation. We also want to thank the law enforcement officers who are investigating this crime.

Our loss is also a loss for the City of Wichita and women across America. George dedicated his life to providing women with high-quality heath care despite frequent threats and violence. We ask that he be remembered as a good husband, father and grandfather and a dedicated servant on behalf of the rights of women everywhere."
    http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=10452120

I see this murder as domestic terrorism.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Shooting suspect in custody: http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=10451609

Also, according to the article, the FBI is now involved in this investigation, and Wichita Police will be holding a news conference at 4pm central time.

Shooting suspect in custody: http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=10451609

Also, according to the article, the FBI is now involved in this investigation, and Wichita Police will be holding a news conference at 4pm central time.

I am glad they have the killer in custody! I do NOT understand how ANYONE can call abortion wrong because it is murder and then MURDER someone doing abortions! I've known of this clinic since the 90s. I am pro-life. HOWEVER, I would have wished the doctor to have changed his mind about abortion - NOT be KILLED! (BTW, I used to be pro-abortion and changed MY mind!)

This lunatic needs to get the death penalty just like any other premeditated murderer!

<jumping off my soap box now!>

Vigilante justice...when the courts fail, citizens will take justice into their own hands. It's sad it ended this way, but at least we won't have precious viable babies dying by Tiller's hand anymore. Just like in Nazi Germany- Nazi lives had to be taken to end the genocide of a people group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I am glad they have the killer in custody! I do NOT understand how ANYONE can call abortion wrong because it is murder and then MURDER someone doing abortions! I've known of this clinic since the 90s. I am pro-life. HOWEVER, I would have wished the doctor to have changed his mind about abortion - NOT be KILLED! (BTW, I used to be pro-abortion and changed MY mind!)

This lunatic needs to get the death penalty just like any other premeditated murderer!

<jumping off my soap box now!>
    Not that I agree completely with this stance but you asked:

Those who kill the abortion docs believe they are saving the lives of others... kill this one guy and save hundreds of lives.

I can understand it from their point of view.

Ever since scientists started claiming there was "life on Mars" whenever they discovered some bacteria, I changed my mind on abortion.

There is no way to say that life does not begin at conception if the scientific community is willing to concede that a minute bacteria is a life form.

Those who support abortion feel that those dividing cells are just tissue. Science doesn't feel that way so why should I? It is life.

I am very anguished over the right of a woman to have an abortion, but I feel that since it's been so acceptable, women have begun to value the life of a baby less and less. JMO.

By the way, there is no real medical need for late term abortion. They claim the "health of the mother" is her mental health. It might be too upsetting. PULEEZE.

This has nothing to do with the abortion debate. A man was murdered in cold blood. His line of work was legal. A faction of the voting population of the US feels what he does is murder while in this country the overwhelming majority does not. Religious belief does not change the FACTS or the reality of this doctors murder.

The murderer will be a martyr to only a few. To the rest of us, he will be a cold blooded killer who deserves punishment to the full extent of the law.

Arrow

FYI, there is another thread going on his murder in the Political Pavilion. I believe it is hypocracy for those who murdered him at church, who claim to be God-fearing/"doing God's work"!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast