712 users online (81 members and 631 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Question Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

Just announced on WFTV, I don't have a link, and I'm not sure if I spelled her name right...

Rum Tum Tigger just posted the link today's links!
    Last edited by lisalei321; 05-28-2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: added info
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

Andrea Lyon - Casey's new atty - Impressive!

Death Penalty Defense Lawyer, DePaul Law Professor

http://www.andrealyon.com/andrea1-crimson2_004.htm

My Favorite Links
    National Criminal Defense College
    Juror number Six
    Internet Sleuth
    Death Penalty
    Information Center

Center for Justice
    in Capital Cases

She first worked for the Cook County Public Defenders' Office-in the felony trial division, post-conviction/habeas corpus unit, preliminary hearing/first municipal (misdemeanor) unit, and the appeals division. Her last position there was Chief of the Homicide Task Force, a 22-lawyer unit that represents persons accused of homicide.

Andrea has tried more than 130 homicide cases, both within the public defender's office and elsewhere. She has defended more than 30 potential capital cases at the trial level. Of these, she has taken 19 through the penalty phase, and won them all.

In 1990, she founded the Illinois Capital Resource Center and served as its director until joining the University of Michigan Law School faculty in 1995 as an Assistant Clinical Professor. In 2000, she joined the faculty at DePaul.

Professor Lyon is a graduate of Rutgers University and the Antioch School of Law.
    Andrea Lyon

Andrea D. Lyon works to promote social justice, equity and improvement in the criminal justice system. She is an attorney, educator and author.

At DePaul University College of Law, Prof. Lyon serves as Clinical Professor of Law, Associate Dean for Clinical Programs, and Director of the Center for Justice in Capital Cases.
    Last edited by Rum Tum Tugger; 05-28-2009 at 07:47 AM. Reason: add link
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."

Rum Tum Tugger

Was this announced on their live local news show in Orlando? i can't find any information on their website regarding this person.
    Kathi Belich Is My Hero!

It was announced on WFTV (Orlando), right before they went to GMA...
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

It's also been reported in the Orlando Sentinel.

The new attorney for Casey Anthony is a death-penalty expert from Chicago who has tried more than 130 homicide cases, her defense team announced today

Professor Andrea D. Lyon is a clinical professor of law at the DePaul University College of Law in Chicago, where she also directs the law school's Center for Justice in Capital Cases, according to a news release.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5448634.story

It wlll be interesting to see how this new addition changes the way the defense operates. She looks very exprienced and I don't see her taking a back seat to JB...move over JB, maybe they can add ather chair for the defense table.

I don't know anything more about Professor Lyon than what has been posted here, but she's GOT to be easier to take than LKB. I wonder how likely it is that Professor Lyon is coming on board the defense team pro bono, for free?

I have a feeling we are in for a change with the way this case is being tried. THere is no way that a serious lawyer will continue the way Baez has. This is gonna get interesting.

jmfstl is offline I am here for one reason "CAYLEE ANTHONY"
    Still wondering how all of this is being paid for as we all know Casey was nothing more than a pauper alledgedly stealing from AH and others before all this came down. She hasn't worked in I believe 2yrs. Lawyers do not just do this kind of work out of the goodness of there hearts. This kind of defense cost a lot of money. Remember OJ defense team put him close to the bankruptcy court. (not sure if this belongs here if not sorry and remove if necessary)

I get the feeling that most of these attorney's and defense experts are in it for the notoriety, that in itself is worth big $$$ on down the road, books, speaking engagement's, etc...

Looking forward to the hearing this morning....

Quote Originally Posted by jmfstl View Post
    Still wondering how all of this is being paid for as we all know Casey was nothing more than a pauper alledgedly stealing from AH and others before all this came down. She hasn't worked in I believe 2yrs. Lawyers do not just do this kind of work out of the goodness of there hearts. This kind of defense cost a lot of money. Remember OJ defense team put him close to the bankruptcy court. (not sure if this belongs here if not sorry and remove if necessary)
    ITA, those were my thoughts when I first read the article this morning. CK did work for a bit, she was the shot girl manager. Maybe that is where she made her fortune

This is going to be a whole new ballgame for KC and JB, I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Clash of the Titians is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jmfstl View Post
    It truly is mind-boggling, especially since the chances of you or me getting that kind of help in a legal defense are slim to nothing. What makes Casey different? Frankly, none of it matters to me because what I want for Casey is LWOP --- I never did care about having her sentenced to death. To me, LWOP is worse than death.

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    I get the feeling that most of these attorney's and defense experts are in it for the notoriety, that in itself is worth big $$$ on down the road, books, speaking engagement's, etc...
    http://www.andrealyon.com/index.html

She has a book due out next year.

Coming in January 2010 by Kaplan Publishing!

"Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer", the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. This book follows the development of a new kind of defense attorney. Read a firsthand account of her fight - not only for the lives of her clients - but also for her rightful place in the courtroom.
    ---------

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[I]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast