1288 users online (215 members and 1073 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    A judge issued a $500 bond for Hataway on the drug charges, but he is being held without bond for violating the conditions of his release from a previous charge. Hataway is out on bond from a February criminal mischief charge.

Police said cell phone records place Ocasio in the area of Hataway's home around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, despite his claims that she left. Police are not ruling out the possibility she left and had car trouble.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/196...10550106022009

dumpsters

I checked all those dumpsters myself on Saturday. In fact my friend and i checked most of the dumpsters in the area. We did a foot search in the surrounding area. We did not go onto Lyle street though, but we were on Taylor and oakland (east of Taylor). We went down the tracks - looked in the trains, the 16wheeler trucks around, an abandoned house - we checked just about all we legally could. half of the dumpsters around were practically empty (so prob emptied between the time of her missing and Saturday) the others were very full but had no foul smell (smelled of boxes or rotting fruit).

Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    they should check the dumpsters from the building in the top right corner of the map. It is not far from her car.

the WFTV article is not clear in terms of police saying she was in the area till 8:30am according to cell phone records.

Was a call or text made or do they mean PING? I'm thinking PING and her cell battery ran out of juice or someone who may have been in possession of it turned it off .

NOT LOOKING GOOD.

we checked the tractor trailers too - underneath them and in a number of them - not all - there were lurkers aroudn so we didn't stay too long.
    we looked in the dumpster over there too.
    most of the tractor trailers were locked up - but a few were broken and could be used for squatting but we checked out the ones that seemed like someone could be in them.
    then again - we didn't open the backs of ALL of them.
    I think they need to focus on the woods back by the guys house on Lyle and the wooded area between it and the railroad tracks.
    In order for him to get to the lake, though he'd have to literally travel by the main police station. seems too risky to me - the police station is due east on bluford from where her car was found - i don't think he ventured too far with her if he took her somewhere.. i think the cops need to stay in a small radius from his house. Where does his Dad live? maybe nothing is noticable in James' house b/c maybe they never went there -they went to his dads?
    Apparently yesterday when his dad heard that his son's name was connected, he drove to the police station, cussed out everyone, cops and media - threw a bottle at them and sped off.
    what a nutcase. and THAT is james' alibi. that guys rap sheet (the dad) isn't too great either. Child neglect (not feeding his child) when James was 13.. and some other things.. i looked up his record.
    So we aren't dealing with the greatest of citizens here.
    it wouldn't surprise me if the Dad was involved.. being that he's the "alibi"

I was thinking of the woods too when I saw the map that you brought here amy.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Frightening!, that poor girl. Have to believe LE is also checking out the various routes possibly taken from the bar to his neighborhood. Something could have happened in the parking lot at the bar and he very well could have driven her auto.
    Wonder how long it's going to take to get forensics back on the car?

Anyone know if a search warrant has been issued for his residence?

This is makes me cringe:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/...0,608376.story

10:13 AM CDT, June 2, 2009

An Orange County judge ruled this morning that James Virgil Hataway, questioned in connection with the case of missing Ocoee resident Tracy Ocasio, will remain in jail.

While determining his bail, Judge Heather Higbee questioned Hataway's prior juvenile conviction of kidnapping and bodily injury out of Hillsborough County.
    Picture of her Mother and Father at the link. Prayers for them, I don't think this will turn out well for them.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by FifthEssence View Post
    Frightening!, that poor girl. Have to believe LE is also checking out the various routes possibly taken from the bar to his neighborhood. Something could have happened in the parking lot at the bar and he very well could have driven her auto.
    Wonder how long it's going to take to get forensics back on the car?

Anyone know if a search warrant has been issued for his residence?
    This is the reference I could find Fifth.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...9ocasio_search

Updated: Tuesday, 02 Jun 2009, 1:50 PM EDT

Around 7 p.m. last night, investigators searched Hataway's home on Lyle Street in Ocoee which is a block away from where Tracy's Chevy Colbalt was discovered...

...Sgt. Mike Bryant said there were no signs that Tracy was inside Hataway's home. "We had cadaver dogs search this property as a precaution. Nothing at the house indicated she had been there," Bryant said.(My comment in Blue, I'm sure they took forensics at the home that they eare waiting on too, they are probably talking about visual evidence)...

..."They had a warrant to search the house because he was the last person seen with her," father Joe Ocasio saod.

In one of the articles it states that the LE had cadaver dogs at the search of Hataway's home. I'm trying to remember~ isnt' there something about the body must be deceased a certain amount of time in a certain place before the dogs will be able to pick up the chemical compounds that come about when a human dies?

http://www.wesh.com/video/14515757/index.html
    4pm LIVE news

3rd story ( including one about Anthony's taking down a cross & chasing women in a car-they have gone the the Sheriffs office and filed complaint-also have pic of GEO in the car that chased them)

Girl says last year Hataway tried to kill her. She came forward after seeing the news last night of his arrest. She had given him a ride to his home in Castleberry after a party, she went to give him a little hug goodbye & he tried to strangle her, she got out of car, began running and screaming, neighbors came out and I'm guessing he ran away.She has scars on both arms from falling. She described & demonstrates how he tried to put his fingers in her mouth to try to yank & snap her jaw/break her neck. She filed a complaint w/LE but they could not locate him at the time to question him.

4pm LIVE news

3rd story ( including one about Anthony's taking down a cross & chasing women in a car-they have gone the the Sheriffs office and filed complaint-also have pic of GEO in the car that chased them)

Girl says last year Hataway tried to kill her. She came forward after seeing the news last night of his arrest. She had given him a ride to his home in Castleberry after a party, she went to give him a little hug goodbye & he tried to strangle her, she got out of car, began running and screaming, neighbors came out and I'm guessing he ran away.She has scars on both arms from falling. She described & demonstrates how he tried to put his fingers in her mouth to try to yank & snap her jaw/break her neck. She filed a complaint w/LE but they could not locate him.

I tried to bring up both stories ( Anthony's removing cross & the girl telling the story of her incident w/ Hataway last yr) at wesh.com but they are not showing up. Probably because I watched it LIVE on the 4pm coverage online.

They will probably be posted later this evening.

Then that means he has a juvie record for kidnapping and bodily injury and now a report of trying to strangle a woman. This guy has no business on the streets.

4pm LIVE news

Girl says last year Hataway tried to kill her. She came forward after seeing the news last night of his arrest. She had given him a ride to his home in Castleberry after a party, she went to give him a little hug goodbye & he tried to strangle her, she got out of car, began running and screaming, neighbors came out and I'm guessing he ran away.She has scars on both arms from falling. She described & demonstrates how he tried to put his fingers in her mouth to try to yank & snap her jaw/break her neck. She filed a complaint w/LE but they could not locate him at the time to question him.
    OMG!! Well, i am so glad she came forward - i think that her information will be vital to keeping him behind bars until he confesses or they find Tracy (hopefully alive). Maybe this girl can file formal charges against him as well and that will be enough to hold him for awhile while the police get their case together. If what she is saying is true, this guy deserves to rot in hades.

4pm LIVE news

Here's the text article:
    http://www.wesh.com/news/19630001/detail.html
    and VIDEO of her talking on the right side of page

She said misdemeanor battery charges were filed against Hataway in Seminole County, but that police were unable to find him.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast