1207 users online (235 members and 972 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Peterson's defense to oppose motion to seal discovery

http://www.kwqc.com/Global/story.asp...5&nav=menu83_2

A defense attorney in Drew Peterson's murder case says he'll oppose a motion by prosecutors to keep evidence under wraps as the legal process against the former Bolingbrook police sergeant proceeds.
    JMO

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/b...060109.article

White scheduled a hearing for 1:30 p.m., Wednesday at the Will County Courthouse on the prosecution's motion to seal discovery filings and an anticipated objection to the state's motion by the defense.
    JMO

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6841963

One of White's first orders of business Monday was to schedule a court date for Wednesday. He is expected to hear several motions, including a state request to seal discovery. Brodsky said he would oppose any move to keep evidence under wraps.
    "We think this case has been so much in the media, it's like closing the barn door after the cows are gone," he said. "And we think it's unfair to the defense. We wanted everything as transparent as possible
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6841963

One of White's first orders of business Monday was to schedule a court date for Wednesday. He is expected to hear several motions, including a state request to seal discovery. Brodsky said he would oppose any move to keep evidence under wraps.
    "We think this case has been so much in the media, it's like closing the barn door after the cows are gone," he said. "And we think it's unfair to the defense. We wanted everything as transparent as possible
    *sigh*

Is he STILL talking?

Quote Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
    *sigh*

Is he STILL talking?
    LOL! Yup! And is going to court today to fight for his right to keep talking and talking and talking. Just like a certain bunny.
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    LOL! Yup! And is going to court today to fight for his right to keep talking and talking and talking. Just like a certain bunny.
    Oh........ yippie...... I can't wait. Hmm...... wonder what the next embarassing thing Brodsky and his client will do?

Hopefully it won't be any more on the air jailbird 'humor' (using that term VERY loosly!)

Will somebody please shut him up?????????? LOL!!

Of course lets keep evidence under wraps....that way a jury can't see it and your client can walk! This guy is a piece of work.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...rson-case.html

Drew Peterson's case will be back in court for a hearing before the third judge in less than a month.

Will County Circuit Court Judge Stephen White is scheduled to hear arguments today on a prosecution motion to seal discovery findings, among other issues.
    JMO

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6845646

June 3, 2009 (WLS) -- Drew Peterson returns to court Wednesday afternoon.
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    Of course lets keep evidence under wraps....that way a jury can't see it and your client can walk! This guy is a piece of work.
    Er...it is the pros that wants the evidence sealed. DP's lawyer is opposing the motion.
    JMO

Eh? Ok I mis-read that obviously, thank you Paintr, my apologies. I wonder what the purpose would be into keeping their evidence under wraps. In the JBR case the defense really ruined everything by getting access to all sorts of stuff...maybe they pros want it under wraps for the same reason.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    Eh? Ok I mis-read that obviously, thank you Paintr, my apologies. I wonder what the purpose would be into keeping their evidence under wraps. In the JBR case the defense really ruined everything by getting access to all sorts of stuff...maybe they pros want it under wraps for the same reason.
    They want to prevent both sides from leaking the evidence to the public, not to prevent the defense from seeing it. That's to prevent from predjudicing the potential jury pool in order to insure a fair trial.

Quote Originally Posted by closeobserver View Post
    They want to prevent both sides from leaking the evidence to the public, not to prevent the defense from seeing it. That's to prevent from predjudicing the potential jury pool in order to insure a fair trial.
    ...and to prevent witnesses from getting harassed by the media.

http://www.wgntv.com/wgntv-petersonh...0,892371.story

Prosecutors will ask Will County Judge Stephen White to seal all discovery filings. The defense is expected to object. Judge White got the Peterson case Monday. His lawyers sought a replacement after the previous judge refused to reduce Peterson's bail of $20 million.

I wonder if the defense will ask Judge White to rule on a bond reduction?
    JMO

Sigh. Another money case, another "media made it impossible for a fair trial" case, just sigh. Just seal the evidence until trial. Sigh....

Paintr, your signature quote by Will Rogers covers it all.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast