Just a JBR Novice with a HiYa out to everyone

MsBashterd

Have mouth will travel no charge
Reaction score
I have just entered into the world of JBR and the JBR Forum here at WB. Only on page 25 of the past and archived threads. First off you guy's are amazing in your knowledge your input and your desire to find justice for JonBenet. You have stood up for "that child" (PR's words not mine ***inserts definite eye roll here***) when the rest of the system has failed her, not only was she violated in her death but darn near every day after. I really tend to be a lurker and never really say much only a question here and there.

Most don't really get my sense of humor much (an example) Super Dave dear gawd you give me a chill :blowkiss: your knowledge and facts with the support to back it up always (oh and I have gone off and search after your responses to others challenges). You never lose sight and never waver from your beliefs. But NEVER make others that see it another way feel stupid or resort to name calling and bullying. You always treat others with respect I applaud you. I don't want to leave anyone else out and their are several that I just don't remember all your handles on here. But thanks to you guy's I have been transfixed on this case for a few weeks. (hmmm maybe transfixed isn't the right word ,....obsessed that fit fits better)

The strange thing is I live in Co Springs but grew up in Cherry Hills CO which is about 35-45 minutes from Boulder I have only been a Springs resident for about 10 years. Which is Southern Colorado about 1.5 hrs from Boulder. I am definitely a child of the 80's era and did my fare share of parting in Boulder. We would refer to them as Republic of Boulder Road Trips. We would have things in our car and in our systems that I will forever plead the fifth on. But we would go and hang out on the Pearl Street Mall and not be bothered in the least and boy would we laugh at what we referred to as the Granola's of Boulder. Oh to be young a ruthless again:rolleyes:. I was their for the Colorado big boom as I call it the growth of Denver including Boulder from the oil money and the new Tech boom was amazingly quick and overnight we became a big city and Boulder became even bigger.....well in their own minds. So when I started reading and came across Colorado Cares posts ( I believe she is the one that lives in Boulder sorry if I got that wrong) it struck as as gads her take on Boulder it's atmosphere and all was right on. I always felt from the citizens of the Republic (I have several friends that live there now) that they almost have an air of entitlement. That they are in this cocoon of their own making and that they are an entity of their own. How dare you question the Republic. Also the feel I have from reading PTPM at the moment. Maybe ST's book will change that opinion a little.

Anyways on to introducing myself so that you guy's don't think I am a nut.....Well maybe a bit late for that :crazy:. I remember the murder of JB and remember watching it on the news and looking at my 3 daughters who were a little older that JB then, and think WHY???? How could someone????? Ect you guy's know all the questions one ask oneself. I do remember hearing down the road that the parents were being looked at and I thought....well CHYA of course but they will be cleared, NO WAY IN HE^^ that a parent could do this :bang:. But as I was busy raising my daughters and working jobs and living life, sorry to say that I didn't follow the story much. Side thoughts here and there but that is about all.

I took to heart all the recommendations that you guy's have put out there for reading and am half way through PMPT with ST book on the nightstand waiting. I have heard some things said about PR,JR book and am curious, being a person that would love to be able to participate in the threads with all the knowledge to back up my thoughts do you folks recommend their book also? Also TheCandyRose, good heavens that is quite the treasure of valuable info. Was lost in their for day's ( Report what report sir I don't remember any meeting about a report???? LOL)

And finally I respectfully need to come up with a new name because I don't even think that I can sit on the fence, maybe I can be a PS - Pasture Sitter. I can find reasonable doubt on every level and every theory. I know that a few people involved in this case are taboo subjects here and I respect that speculation can ruin people. But I too can see how that person could have come under suspicion and I believe at the beginning their was some very suspicious things done by this person. He has been exonerated but I can see it.

The only thing I can say IMO is I think the breaking point or the decision or the death sentence for JB came about on the evening of the 23rd. With the 911 call ect. I think that is when JB's fate was sealed and the person was in the home at that time. Random absolutely not. Sorry guy's that is at least as close as I am getting to the proverbial fence.

I thought I would say hi to all and thank you to all for your wonderful info. As I am reading PTPM if I have a question I can usually search and find my answer from old threads (oh and I always find SD with the answer in their somewhere). But I thought I better intro myself in case I have a question
that I can't find the answer too makes you guy's feel like you know me at least a little better.

OH and side note What the hell is up with that house are you kidd'n me it looks light Frank Loyd Wright meets the AADD version of Lilly Munster WOW!!!!!!!

I'll be typing to you guy's soon :)

Thank you and the same to ya, I have very much enjoyed your recent thread Still asking questions. I wish I had just a little more knowledge to participate in it without making a goof outta myself but I'll get their yet :)

Hi there! Lovely to meet you. :)

Hi there...welcome aBOARD!

Hi and welcome,Ms B. May I call you that? :)

Hi and welcome,Ms B. May I call you that? :)

Absolutely!!!!! My daughters friends growing up called me that for years now that everyone is grown and moved out it is nice to hear it again :)

The only thing I can say IMO is I think the breaking point or the decision or the death sentence for JB came about on the evening of the 23rd. With the 911 call ect. I think that is when JB's fate was sealed and the person was in the home at that time. Random absolutely not. Sorry guy's that is at least as close as I am getting to the proverbial fence.

You do have some catching up to do and I would suggest reading all the books out there. Living in Colorado Springs, you should be familiar with Lou Smit's reputation.

I'm glad you have the insight into Boulder. I spent a fair amount of time there myself in the 70's and have seen how it's changed. It use to be a great place to hang out, and the old Rainbow hippies of the 70's were predominantly peace-loving.

Boulder has become a town of those that have, and those that don't, with a substantial drug subculture and a lot of transcients---and not all the peace-loving Rainbow hippies.

The Ramsey home was not in a gated community. It was close to the University, and close to an assortment of people. Everything from transcients to respectable homeowners. Pearl Street is not that large. Access Graphic was a huge presence. There are a lot of factors that could have triggered this crime...particularly with the newspaper article about John Ramsey's success only 4 days before the crime.

It wouldn't surprise me if the perp actually came from a family with money---someone bored out for kicks. There's a lot of possibilities, but if you look at the Boulder environment, and the tools we know were brought in, it smacks of someone younger, and probably a substance abuser. (ie: hi-tech boots, stun gun, possibly a bat; movie lines).

Smit behaved like a totally unprofessional schmuck in this investigation,and the R's admitted in their book they had a private meeting with him bf he agreed to take on the case.I suspect a large part of it was he felt sorry for Patsy regarding all she had been through with cancer,(he could relate,as his wife had it),and lord knows what all else the R's charmed and lied their way into his heart with.Remember that he eventually quit the case as well.

Nothing was brought in.
The pad, paper, pen, cord & tape pineapple, kleenex, bowl & spoon were from the house, the tape itself was identical to tape found on some of PR's paintings.

The bludgeon- which could have been the flashlight, bat, golf club all belonged to the home. The bat was BR's. The parents admitted he had several, including one that "looked just like that" (their words). BR also TOLD police he had Hi-Tech shoes. The Rs eventually admitted the flashlight was probably theirs (what intruder would leave it behind?) The golf clubs we KNOW belong to JR. He was in SUCH a hurry to get them out of the house, he didn't even wait for the movers to pack them. He sent PR's sister to get them. Gotta have those clubs..what ELSE would be on your mind with your murdered little girl still in a morgue drawer?

The exact instrument used for the bludgeon has not been identified. All it would have taken was a close forensic examination of any of the suspected. SOME transfer of DNA takes place with any physical contact. JB's hair or skin cells on the bludgeon...trace of wood or metal on her scalp.
The coroner did not note any scalp trauma...all the damage was inside. The skull fracture and bleeding was a surprise to him. BUT I do not see where he specifically looked for corresponding evidence on her scalp. He may have, but he did not mention his findings or lack of.
And I have never seen where any of the potential bludgeons was tested for JB's hair. The flashlight was completely wiped of prints, including the batteries. The golf clubs were never tested- PP removed them from the house before LE could get their hands on them. And I have not seen anything about the bat.

Smit behaved like a totally unprofessional schmuck in this investigation,and the R's admitted in their book they had a private meeting with him bf he agreed to take on the case.I suspect a large part of it was he felt sorry for Patsy regarding all she had been through with cancer,(he could relate,as his wife had it),and lord knows what all else the R's charmed and lied their way into his heart with.Remember that he eventually quit the case as well.

I've got an entire chapter devoted to THAT!

You do have some catching up to do and I would suggest reading all the books out there. Living in Colorado Springs, you should be familiar with Lou Smit's reputation.
I'm glad you have the insight into Boulder. I spent a fair amount of time there myself in the 70's and have seen how it's changed. It use to be a great place to hang out, and the old Rainbow hippies of the 70's were predominantly peace-loving.

Boulder has become a town of those that have, and those that don't, with a substantial drug subculture and a lot of transcients---and not all the peace-loving Rainbow hippies.

The Ramsey home was not in a gated community. It was close to the University, and close to an assortment of people. Everything from transcients to respectable homeowners. Pearl Street is not that large. Access Graphic was a huge presence. There are a lot of factors that could have triggered this crime...particularly with the newspaper article about John Ramsey's success only 4 days before the crime.

It wouldn't surprise me if the perp actually came from a family with money---someone bored out for kicks. There's a lot of possibilities, but if you look at the Boulder environment, and the tools we know were brought in, it smacks of someone younger, and probably a substance abuser. (ie: hi-tech boots, stun gun, possibly a bat; movie lines).

Lou Smit's what?
He was the one who didn't care about his reputation in the first place.He probably WAS a respected investigator BEFORE he got involved in this.

IMO

Actually I do remember the Boulder of those day's it was a great place to party and float the river Pearl Street mall at night ect. The Boulder of today is a much different place, you either have or you do not and the 2 class's do not interact. JMO from visiting friend that live in that area.

I have never heard of Lou Smit before I got into this case, Co Springs is a bit like Boulder in the sense that we keep our bad crimes out of the spotlight. If that makes sense. He would not be someone I would have been familiar with unless their was some MAJOR crime that they couldn't keep under wraps. C/S is a very Military town with 6 different bases including Cheyenne Mnt and the Air Force Academy, I hate to say it but we do not talk about as in articles and news except for a slight mention, the bad things that go on we are more interested in Politics and keeping our Military Installations happy than talking about violent crimes. As in we are the All American Town. But I can add that after 12 years here in the Springs, it is not like he is a legend in this town so to speak truly I have never heard of him or of a major case that he solved. Not saying that he wasn't a decorated law enforcement but really the springs isn't like New York a smaller town at the time of Smit's tenure.

Again thanxs to all for your help and answers to my newbie questions you guy's so ROCK!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back