1228 users online (183 members and 1045 guests)  

Websleuths News

Penn's woods

IN - Jorden Sopher, 16, Wabash, 23 May 2006

I did not see a thread for Jorden, although her name is mentioned in a couple unidentifed missing posts. If I overlooked a thread please merge ~ TIA.

Last updated: June 3, 2009 8:24 a.m

Remains of missing Wabash teen found

...The skeletal remains of Jorden Aryne Sopher were found by a mushroom hunter...

...Using dental records, a forensic dentist identified the remains, but no cause of death has been determined, Long said...

...Sopher was last seen May 23 during a brief visit to her adoptive parents’ home in downtown Wabash...

...Jorden left...She then disappeared, leaving behind her purse, her cell phone and money in a savings account with hundreds of dollars.../QUOTE]
    More details at the link above.

"Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

The Charley Project blog has a further list of articles, here:

Deepest sympathies to the family. The Sophers did an amazing thing, adopting a 16-year-old, and it is so sad to see that she was just beginning to think big with the possibilities for her new life, before someone took it from her.

Again, condolences to all who loved her, and I hope that somehow this mystery can be solved. In the meantime, I am glad that some form of closure has been found for friends, family and LE.

There seems to be a sicko working in Fort Wayne: