1384 users online (246 members and 1138 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    In that article the a neighbor states she heard about it and kept her daughter away from the woman. Why didn't she call cps, or LE if she knew this woman had a child and was possibly dong this? How could you sit back and know this child could possibly be abused and not say anything? it she would've been abusing an animal somebody would've called in!!
    The way I read this, the woman knew there had been allegations and there was an on-going investigation which took 6 months. While this was going on she kept her kids away from her. It sounds like there was a woman who caught wind of something wrong and made a call which got the whole thing started so it seems people did the right thing as soon as they found out.
    It's strange that it took 6 months tho before they made the arrest!

    VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,797
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyMama View Post
    I really do not know the answer to this question I am about to pose and not even sure if I think it is the case as we all know that women are capable of astoundingly horrible acts upon children. But does anyone wonder if the availability of porn on the internet has anything at all to do with what seems like an increase (maybe not an increase but more of a spotlight on) in these types of perps?
    I think this has been going on for many decades. They have hidden in the shadows cloaked in false trustworthiness. They are just as vile, despicable, cunning and know how to appear in order to get the children into their snare. They are no different to me than the MO of the male sexual predator. They have just had a better mask to hide behind.

    I hope now for the children's' sake the masks will continue to come off and will peel away the pungent onion smell underneath.

    imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyMama View Post
    Kat, I do agree with you that sex crimes are very much about rage, power, control and not necessarily about sex at all. Sex is just the means to achieve the power/control/degradation of the victim.

    However, what do you make of situations where we see a male and a female perp committing sex crimes together? I know that isn't the topic of this thread and I don't mean to hijack it but you got me thinking about that type of relationship where a man and woman are perpetrating those crimes together.
    It's okay SM. IMHO when a man and a woman conspire and commit a sex crime together I don't think that it's about the sex, in fact not at all about sex. The sex crime is used as an expression for their deviance and psychological pathologies(individual and combined).

    I think that both are equally responsible for the crime(s). One or the other shouldn't bear the brunt of the burden for the crime. That in my eyes is a defense tactic. A defense tactic that usually is used for the female partner of sex crimes. If she has a history of abuse in her past, that will be brought up. It usually is. Or the defense will try to assert that she was under the control of the man (he's portrayed at a monster, she is portrayed as a previous victim, she's been abused, she was manipulated and controlled by him...etc).

    I don't pay a lot attention to defense tactics because IMHO they don't reflect anything other than the defense trying to get their client off or a reduced sentence.

    To put it simply, oversimplified~ when you were a kid--did you ever have a friend or buddy and no matter what you did with that friend you always ended up in trouble? I did. And even though it was just mischief and not criminal trouble, whenever I was with this friend...trouble for both of us was sure to follow. Which one of us caused it? Neither and both.

    Together we were hellions. So while I haven't read up on the psychology and reasonings behind why a man and woman would commit these crimes together IMHO it's because both of them have a predisposition to commit these crimes.

    Only my opinon.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    I admit, that when the abductor/rapist/murderer of little Sandra Cantu was first discovered to be a woman, I was certain that there was no way Huckabee had acted alone. I was sure that Huckabee had teamed up with a male pedophile.

    Now, I realize how foolish and naive I was in that belief.

    My eyes have been opened, and now I know that cruelty and depravity come in both genders.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    I admit, that when the abductor/rapist/murderer of little Sandra Cantu was first discovered to be a woman, I was certain that there was no way Huckabee had acted alone. I was sure that Huckabee had teamed up with a male pedophile.

    Now, I realize how foolish and naive I was in that belief.

    My eyes have been opened, and now I know that cruelty and depravity come in both genders.
    That's a lesson we learn on a daily here, isn't it.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    That's an interesting thought SM. I'm not sure I would discount the availability and pervasive impact that not only porn but of the overt sexuality that is in our media and our entertainment outlets (TV, Movies, internet).

    Perhaps the availability stimulates the perp's that have a predisposition to offend. I don't know, but it is an interesting thought.

    I don't see sex crimes as about sex or lust or being sexually over-stimulated. IMHO~It's about control, power over the victim, and the subjugation and the degrading of the victim.
    I do agree with most of what you say Kat and I do think a part of it is about power and control but with sexual pedophiles it is also about fulfilling their sexual fantasies and lust they have for little children. Sexual deviant lust for children is also a part of the reason why they are the despicable creatures they are, imo.

    Imo, anyone that has a desire to even want to look at kiddie porn has to already have the propensity. Since millions look at porn and kiddie porn seems to be one of the fastest growing porn watched from what the media reports....it is quite frightening that so many want to view this type of porn. While most will not act out on their fantasies it is chilling to think they do have these wants and desires when it comes to sexually brutalizing innocent children.

    I did see a segment on CNN a few months back and it was stated that more women than ever before are watching porn.

    imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Green Acres
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    It's okay SM. IMHO when a man and a woman conspire and commit a sex crime together I don't think that it's about the sex, in fact not at all about sex. The sex crime is used as an expression for their deviance and psychological pathologies(individual and combined).

    I think that both are equally responsible for the crime(s). One or the other shouldn't bear the brunt of the burden for the crime. That in my eyes is a defense tactic. A defense tactic that usually is used for the female partner of sex crimes. If she has a history of abuse in her past, that will be brought up. It usually is. Or the defense will try to assert that she was under the control of the man (he's portrayed at a monster, she is portrayed as a previous victim, she's been abused, she was manipulated and controlled by him...etc).
    I don't pay a lot attention to defense tactics because IMHO they don't reflect anything other than the defense trying to get their client off or a reduced sentence.

    To put it simply, oversimplified~ when you were a kid--did you ever have a friend or buddy and no matter what you did with that friend you always ended up in trouble? I did. And even though it was just mischief and not criminal trouble, whenever I was with this friend...trouble for both of us was sure to follow. Which one of us caused it? Neither and both.

    Together we were hellions. So while I haven't read up on the psychology and reasonings behind why a man and woman would commit these crimes together IMHO it's because both of them have a predisposition to commit these crimes.

    Only my opinon.
    BBM

    Thanks. I'm not looking for what the defense tactic would be...we've all heard most of them already in other cases. "She was abused as a child, she did it because he beat her, she was so obsessed with him that she did anything he wanted to keep him...blah blah blah." (You stated them all much more eloquently than I did) I was asking the question more from the psychological point of what would allow two people to come together like that and act in such depraved ways. ITA that part of it's because they BOTH have a propensity/predisposition. A perfect storm, if you will.

    I guess for me it's always been about the psychology of why people do what they do. I think in every case I look at I try and figure that out.

    Also, in no way am I trying to say that I think this particular woman assaulted these girls with or because of a man.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    I don't have any experience or education in psychology but there are a lot here that do SM and that is a very interesting question. I would like to see someone give an educated opinion about that myself.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    This is an interesting update to this case, to say the least

    http://www.jewishrockland.org/page.aspx?id=248626

    Valerie Carlton, a Jewish woman accused of assaulting a prison guard in Maryland and who fled to Monsey last year after 28 felony charges of sexual assault against her were dismissed for lack of evidence
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,922
    she's got a dot com blog, a FB profile and there is also a supporter FB page

    just did a cursory scan of her personal FB but haven't checked out the blog or anything else yet - she's clearly not in jail as she's been posting lots of photos of herself

    I'm biting my tongue.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    I found a lot of blogs that support her but couldn't post here because they aren't MSM. I'm with you, I want to do some more snooping.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    63 22'N 32 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Posts
    3,650

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    I found a lot of blogs that support her but couldn't post here because they aren't MSM. I'm with you, I want to do some more snooping.
    That is really sickening people support someone like her.




    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY CA - Andrew Nisbet for sex abuse, child pornography, Livermore, 2013
    By HawksGirl in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 01:17 PM
  2. Fl - Mother charged with 10 counts of neglect
    By MorenoI in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 07:50 PM
  3. LA - FEMALE CONVICTED PEDOPHILE allegedly swaps children for COCKATOO?
    By AdoraBlue in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 07:51 AM
  4. IN - Man charged with 30 counts of incest
    By mysteriew in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 06:58 PM

Tags for this Thread