Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mom Accused Of Feeding Feces To Child

Mom Accused Of Feeding Feces To Child

Mom Accused Of Feeding Feces To Child
    Emily McDonald Charged With Injury To A Child

http://www.click2houston.com/news/19645914/detail.html

POSTED: Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Emily McDonald
    AUSTIN, Texas -- An Austin woman was charged with injury to a child after she was accused of putting feces into her 3-year-old daughter's feeding tube at a hospital.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Okay now this one sounds like that syndrome I've read about on here...Munchausen.

It might not be but at first blush that's what came to my mind.

And that's just nasty BTW.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Holy cow! These headlines are really starting to make me SICK! What kind of a world are we living in?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    we should celebrate! This crazy mom was caught before the child was dead! What a whacko!
    This bee my opinion

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Sure sounds like Munchausen's by proxy. You can be assured that this will be the defense...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

So glad the hospital set up the camera. That poor little girl! She probably never had anything at all wrong with her before her mother began doing things, and now she had a feeding tube! I hope she never has to lay eyes on her again.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vegas Bride For This Useful Post:

Thank god she was caught, that little girl would have died after becoming septic, her little organs could have only compensated so much..........god I'm so disgusted with these cases, I just want to punch these women in the face.
    [/I]

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mysterygirl For This Useful Post:

WTH is this world coming to that a Mother (I use that term in a loose manner as this woman is an animal) would do such a thing to her child??

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stilettos For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Okay now this one sounds like that syndrome I've read about on here...Munchausen.

It might not be but at first blush that's what came to my mind.

And that's just nasty BTW.
    That's what it sounds like to me too.

Mysterygirl, I feel the same way you do.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post:

Kat

This isnt the first time Ive read a news story detailing a Mother introducing feces into a feeding tube........that other case was Munchhausen by proxy & this one is too I'll bet(& likely why the child was hospitalized in the first place!).
    Thats probably why a camera was placed,so staff could confirm suspicions (I bet this poor baby has a med.record bigger than a phone book).
    The mother is clearly mentally ill!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

No more Mom, Mommy or Mother

I really wish people would stop calling these feral females Mom, Mommy, or Mother. I always say "Cats and Dogs give birth to puppies and kittens all the time... Some times feral female cats eat their young!!!" The fact that these things ( I can't call them humans) give birth doesn't make them anything more than an egg donor and host!!! Sorry I just needed to vent!!! My apologies.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crystalgenie View Post
    I really wish people would stop calling these feral females Mom, Mommy, or Mother. I always say "Cats and Dogs give birth to puppies and kittens all the time... Some times feral female cats eat their young!!!" The fact that these things ( I can't call them humans) give birth doesn't make them anything more than an egg donor and host!!! Sorry I just needed to vent!!! My apologies.

In typical abuse cases Id agree with you but in this case,like in the Andrea Yates case,I believe this woman isnt depraved or evil (like a "typical"abuser)but I believe she is SERIOUSLY mentally ill & needs SERIOUS help (& while she gets that help she is not to have custody of her daughter).
    Thankfully she was caught & her daughter IS alive & should recover & this woman can get the long overdue treatment & intervention she needs & the family can heal.......
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    we should celebrate! This crazy mom was caught before the child was dead! What a whacko!

EXACTLY! How can a mother do that. Definitely MbProxy.

ICK!

Mel

And she just looks evil doesn't she! To top it off, she did this little stunt 5X during the hospital stay. Thank God for suspicious doctors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

I actually know this woman.

She has a livejournal names irangel. its been cleared.

She has a blog at themacdonaldfive.blogspot.com

its been password protected but the rss is here:

http://syndicated.livejournal.com/themcdonaldfive/

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kaych For This Useful Post:

I shoudl also add this.
    All 3 of her kids were micro preemies. When she had the last one, the one in question, there was a lot of livejournal drama because a comment was made about having preemies got her lots of attention.

We had raffles and fund raisers to help her with cash and the money was being spent in questionable ways.
    I will see if I can find some of these posts but they're about 3 years old so it may take some time.

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kaych For This Useful Post:

Here is a link to a Q&A written by Emily McDonald in August 2007 about having preemies.

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...d_preemie.html

From the pictures in the blog link from above, this child is adorable and so precious. I wonder how many of her medical problems were caused by her mother? If her oldest daughter is in kindergarten, she should be 5-6 years old, which means her mother had her when she was 16-17 years old. I am anxious to hear a response from the husband.

Kaelee
    Last edited by kaelee2; 06-03-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kaelee2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crystalgenie View Post
    And sometimes those feral cats will fight to the death to protect their kittens. There was the a cat in New York that made six trips into a burning building to get her kittens out, suffered severe burns, lost her eyelids. These women are not mothers and don't deserve to be compared to an alley cat. Though they should be trapped and spayed like one.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    And sometimes those feral cats will fight to the death to protect their kittens. There was the a cat in New York that made six trips into a burning building to get her kittens out, suffered severe burns, lost her eyelids. These women are not mothers and don't deserve to be compared to an alley cat. Though they should be trapped and spayed like one.
    All the feral mother cats that I have come into contact with were/are excellent mothers.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    In typical abuse cases Id agree with you but in this case,like in the Andrea Yates case,I believe this woman isnt depraved or evil (like a "typical"abuser)but I believe she is SERIOUSLY mentally ill & needs SERIOUS help (& while she gets that help she is not to have custody of her daughter).
    Thankfully she was caught & her daughter IS alive & should recover & this woman can get the long overdue treatment & intervention she needs & the family can heal.......
    She plotted, planned, researched medical protocols and systematically covered her tracks. Andrea Yates was seriously mentally ill and out of control and intervention should have happened. This case may have a label to attach to it but I don't see it as anymore or less abusive than the women who starve their kids or systematically abuse them while dodging social services. In fact this woman wasn't even angry and out of control, she does it to get attention. Andrea thought she was saving her children didn't she? She did not see some benefit it in for her that they could pay the price for. That motive is right up there with the usual suspects, money, jealousy, adultery, etc..... MOO

PS- I hope she gets excellent treatment and it is wildly successful because she will be out and have access to her kids, have new ones, or find some guy and have stepkids.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    All the feral mother cats that I have come into contact with were/are excellent mothers.

imo

Me too. The only animals I have seen not be good mothers are ones that were inseminated. The lack of normal mating behaviour seems to bypass a switch that turns on that part of the brain. It is much like they don't know they are pregnant and they don't go through the process of getting ready to be a mom. They seem confused by the babies, but even then they just avoid them, not torture them for amusement.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post:

OH EM GEE! Thanks for posting the blogsspot. But dang! Now that I see this precious little face.......I wanna smack the mother senseless!!! How in the world can anyone do this to any child. Oh how this aches my heart......senseless suffering of a child.....Munchausen my eye! She does this for the internet attention! Even if it is MBP.....she needs to be in the pokie for a little bit. Holy COw that pisses me off. Here I am fussing over my daughter who has an earache..........us good mommies want our babies to get better, not worse! GARRRRRRR!

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Law_girl41 For This Useful Post:

My first reaction was "Munchausen Syndrome"

This woman needs serious mental intervention.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tristan For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://syndicated.livejournal.com/th...ve/199861.html

When I look at this picture... of this little girl made ill by her MOTHER I want to just SCREAM... MBP is one scary mental illness...
    This bee my opinion

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

MG! This woman should be charged with attempted murder. I know it is MBP, but what if this 3 year old baby had died? It would have been murder.

I am sick of sociopathic scumbags getting off with a mental defense. And I mean sick to death of it. This **&^%%* knew what she was doing. Intervention? How about 20 years in prison with offenders who love their children?

I know there are those that will disagree with me, but I thought Andrea Yates should have done LWOP. She could have her meds in prison.

I wish I was wealthy and lived on a huge farm. I would take these children that no one wants!
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast