913 users online (159 members and 754 guests)  

Websleuths News

20 years ago today

Last edited by KateB; 05-30-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

It's hard to believe it's been that long.

I can't believe it's been that long either Martha.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

http://www.time.com/time/photoessays...n_20_franklin/
    Fascinating link about the most famous picture from the massacre
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Call me what you will but I always get weepy in when it comes to people standing up against powerful people and/or governments and willing to die for what they think is right. Now, whether I agree with them or not is a whole other issue but the sentiment is the same and usually results in the same teary eyes.

I really let it rip when I read a book about the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto who lived underground in the sewers after the liquidation and fought back, holding the Germans back for 33 days with crappy weapons and a whole lot of ingenuity and passion.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi