760 users online (115 members and 645 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - 11 yo boy beaten by father on street

Cops: Witnesses Watch Father Kick, Beat Boy on Local Street
    VAN NUYS -- Police in Los Angeles are searching for a man who allegedly kicked and beat his 11-year-old son on a street in Van Nuys before the child broke free and called for help.

snip
    Officers examined the child and found old stab wound scars on his chest, the officer said, adding that the boy told police the man was his father

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,1705388.story

This is awful. I'm so glad that boy will find help before his dad killed him. I really don't think it's a matter of IF his dad would have killed him, it's a matter of when. He is only 11 and he has stab wounds?!

This poor boy will have many psychological scars, but I hope that he's able to get the help he needs and find wonderful family that will help him heal.

I wonder why no one stepped in until the boy broke free away from the dad? There is no way in he** that I could stand by and watch this happen? I wonder where mom is? Or other relatives? Why did this little boy have to suffer for so long before he was rescued? I pray that he gets the help he needs and is placed with a great family.
    Happy New Years

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/loca...stody_20090605 Father is in custody now. I wonder where the mother is.

The boy looks so little in the picture. It took real courage to break away and run.

People are unbelievable. Poor little guy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he gets the help and love that he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Openmind View Post
    The boy looks so little in the picture. It took real courage to break away and run.
    Yes; so small I wonder if the abuse has been such a constant that he has failed to even grow properly. I so hope they can find him a loving and supportive home and that the father relinquishes any rights to him.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Makes you wonder what kind of world we live in when bystanders can stand by and let this sort of thing happen. Surely someone could have stopped this. I'd like to think I would've done whatever I could to help this poor child. Pick up an "equalizer" (something to knock the **** out of the man) if needed. We have to do what we can. It may not be a legal responsibility but it is absolutley a moral responsibility.