Clerical errors and typos in the Documents and Reports

magic-cat

Mother to Many
Reaction score
Website
www.thedistryct.com
Apparently we have quite a few clerical errors (Cindy Anthony listed as Black under race on some documents as one example) and some typos and discrepancies of information-such as phone numbers appearing one way on one document and being utterly different numbers on another document. We are discussing this in several locations and that information is being buried up within many other threads and also taking some of the other threads off topic, so, in response to the suggestion of many that perhaps this line of sleuthing should have its own thread, I am starting this one.

Mods-if there already IS one that I have not seen then please forgive me and merge me with that one. Thanks:blowkiss:.

I noticed that the information card for Z Gonzales was altered. I wonder who changed it?

Most, if not all, of the clerical errors and typos have been brought to LE's attention. I think it is important to uncover them, verify them, and let LE know about them so that they can dot their i's and cross their t's. I hesitate to discuss them in too public a forum at the risk of helping the defense with free labor, IYKWIM.

My take is to discuss suspected errors of specific pieces of discovery in the appropriate sub-thread rather than gather all of it in one thread that makes it easy for the defense to read through. JMHO.

Frankly, the prosecution is just as likely to use this thread to their own benefit as the defense is. Both sides have access to the internet and I'm sure both sides are doing extensive research on every aspect of the case. So, there simply is no risk in putting this information in one spot. JMHO.

Frankly, the prosecution is just as likely to use this thread to their own benefit as the defense is. Both sides have access to the internet and I'm sure both sides are doing extensive research on every aspect of the case. So, there simply is no risk in putting this information in one spot. JMHO.

That spot would be better served in a member-only area, I think. Let's at least give them one small hurdle. :)

Well, it is sort of a catch 22 then isn't it? We do not want to assist in her defense certainly-I know I don't! So what to do what to do...the info gets lost in the subthreads-and members only is a simple thing to get around-they will just become a member and have access to all of our jewels...so...

I guess it will just go into limbo unless we can think of an alternatve solution???

My only concern is that all the errors should be uncovered, discovered and corrected so that there is no wiggle room for the defense to work from those errors.

Anybody have any ideas?

Or is it LIMBO?

Well, it is sort of a catch 22 then isn't it? We do not want to assist in her defense certainly-I know I don't! So what to do what to do...the info gets lost in the subthreads-and members only is a simple thing to get around-they will just become a member and have access to all of our jewels...so...

I guess it will just go into limbo unless we can think of an alternatve solution???

My only concern is that all the errors should be uncovered, discovered and corrected so that there is no wiggle room for the defense to work from those errors.

Anybody have any ideas?

Or is it LIMBO?

Do you have a link to the 'black woman' part of the discovery? I don't remember which stack it was in and thought it was being misinterpreted, iirc. But may have it confused with something else. Vaguely recall that being listed to show this person couldn't be the CA in question but may remember incorrectly.

Perhaps this thread could be sort of a mini-mythbusters thread to correct some misconceptions about discovery released?

I noticed that the information card for Z Gonzales was altered. I wonder who changed it?

I thought that was the clerk writing in the wrong space and correcting and not an after the fact alteration, if indeed there was any alteration at all.

There are several pages within the discovery that refer to Cynthia Marie Anthony or Cynthia M. Anthony with a 1980 birth date and race as, black. Including documents from Amscot ... Sunshine Restaurant Group (IHOP) payroll checks that were cashed there. If you check MyOrangeClerk you will find that there is another Cynthia Marie Anthony that fits this description. There are several misdemeanor prostitution charges as well as traffic violations.

This is a good lesson in the difference between discovery and evidence. The SAO will release every single item that they have come across in the investigation, whether they plan to use it as evidence or not. They are not obligated to disclose their work product ... only the "raw" data.

I thought that was the clerk writing in the wrong space and correcting and not an after the fact alteration, if indeed there was any alteration at all.

I noticed the name was altered, I didn't notice it being in the wrong space.

Thanks for the link treeseeker! I was unable to even find a page on 293? in the documents, but at this link:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Casey Anthony discovery Pages 264-431.pdf

On page 93 of 171
or
253 handwritten

I was able to find where they in fact did have a B in the race slot and a birthdate of 9-22-1980 and the report was completed by Officer Charity (Casey) Beasely. This was on an Evidence and Property report dated 7-15-2008.

Snipped for space

I have this (the attachment). It's on the handwritten page number 293 of the first release documents on 2008 0825; downloaded document name is 17290449-3.pdf

I have another set of the same documents, but the some of the information is redacted in those, so I grabbed a copy of this one.

Here are two seperate instances, I think, as the page numbers are different and the report names are also different, that document that they did, indeed, misuse this other persons information in some instances within Cindy's info. ie: it had her appropriate name and address, but had this other womans birthdate and race.

Anybody have any ideas?

Or is it LIMBO?

IMO, the State has gone over the info that has been released and corrected what needs to be corrected.

Snipped for space

Here are two seperate instances, I think, as the page numbers are different and the report names are also different, that document that they did, indeed, misuse this other persons information in some instances within Cindy's info. ie: it had her appropriate name and address, but had this other womans birthdate and race.

Thanks for looking those up for me. In the first, it appears someone clicked the wrong one on a merge doc. Even LE is human. It seems the details are pretty obviously wrong, including the age so I really think it was just one wrong click.

I wasn't able to find the 2nd reference from 8/25 discovery on WESH, WFTV or Ch. 13. I hate fox docs but even tried there. That may be the one I vaguely remember with the handwritten note on it.

IMO, the State has gone over the info that has been released and corrected what needs to be corrected.

I would assume that's the case and would assume this being the 'discovery' it's not nearly as important as what is submitted as 'evidence.' However, just yesterday I was having a discussion with another poster and something they wrote reminded me of the Spector juror, the engineer, that hung that jury and another case, a drug case wherein two engineers on the jury debated the actual weight of the narcotics, and failing to come to an agreement, hung the jury. The difference in weight would not affect sentencing and all 12 agree the accused was guilty but getting caught up on that one, nit picky piece of info caused a hung jury.

I would really hate to see that happen in this case. It not only happens in court, at least in those two cases, it often happens here at WS. How many times have you read someone intent on some small bit of insignificant minutiae to the point they seem to think it casts doubt on other unrelated evidence? I mean, sometimes it seems to make the aliens from Mars did it defense seem reasonable, imo. lol

That was actually a bit of what lead to this thread in the first place-the philosophy that if LE had gotten so much wrong in the discovery and in their reports then perhaps they had gotten some other more important things wrong as well.

• On Pg. 2499 of the discovery documents the detective (Melich?) says that Mark F told him that in an interview with Gorge and Cindy A they said there was a fight between Cindy and Casey on June 15. But Geta Van Susteren reports
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402098,00.html
    FURMAN: But I can tell you this. While I was still on the ground in Orlando, I talked to one of the immediate neighbors that is within earshot of the Anthony house, and he said that Casey Anthony had one hell of a temper. And he heard her swearing at her mother several times, so loud that he could hear it from his house, and that he would never talk to his parents that way. And he said even Father's Day weekend, that was going on. So whether that's true or not, it's something that he's observed and heard on repeated times. We'd never heard that before, and so that's interesting all unto itself.
    VAN SUSTEREN: Did the parents or the grandparents -- did they say anything to corroborate that, or Lee, or anyone say anything that would tend to corroborate the neighbor's statement?
    FUHRMAN: No. Exactly the opposite. In fact, I asked Cindy Anthony and George if there was a fight that they had with Casey that weekend or any time close to the time when she took Caylee and left, and they absolutely said not. And that seems to be, you know, a direct conflict with a neighbor who on that weekend said that there was, you know, an argument.

• The EPASS map that LE marked shows Andrews International, where George listed as his work contact as being near N. Pine Hills Rd. between Colonial and Silver Star Rd. when, in fact the address he listed (confirmed by an internet search) is SW, not NW of their home. This place marked on the map is very near exact where I found a home owned by Zenaida G and Jacobs S, quite curious. The actual location of Andrews International is at 7556 Municiple Dr.

• The docs have a discrepancy as to what numbers she called in the early morning hours of June 18. Page 2571 states that two numbers, both being different Broadway Ristorantes but neither the numbers or identy match the actual cell records. These two calls were to 407-447-9999 and 407-478-9999, landlines. None of those pizza places has a number even close and none with the same exchange as either of these numbers. I don't have a clue as to how this type of a clerical error would occur. So, if these calls are important to finding the truth, it has been overlooked. She appears to be searching for someone with the 2 preceding calls and these 2. The one with 447 exchange is through Florida Digital Network, Orlando, first name Lashida. The 478 exchange is also a landline through Florida Digital Network but in Winter Park. She also called a number ending 9999 on 6/29. This one is a Cingular Cell in Kissimee and apparently has two past addresses connected to it in Lake Worth. Again, it looks to me like she is trying different combinations to find someone.

• Pg. 2577 gives #7965 to Andy F but it is really Matt C, important for the trip to Crane's landing apartment search Tony made, riding in Casey's car. Pg 2565 shows Matt Cs number. I think this one may have already been mentioned somewhere.

There also seems to be at least one document missing, the paperwork of the female first responding officer, mentioned by Lee A. The only report in discovery was from Ryan E(5098).

Attachments

• EPASSMap2008.pdf
    905.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Pg. 2577 gives #7965 to Andy F but it is really Matt C, important for the trip to Crane's landing apartment search Tony made, riding in Casey's car. Pg 2565 shows Matt Cs number. I think this one may have already been mentioned somewhere.

This error was brought to the attention of LE in early December along with a number of other errors and inconsistencies.

This particular error has been corrected in more recent discovery. See discovery page 4212, at the top (March 5 document release). The printout carries the date of January 22, 2009.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back