1072 users online (214 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Serika Holness, 26, brutally murdered, Crumpton, 5 June 2009

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/06/...est/index.html

Holness said that he and his wife were carjacked by a man armed with a knife and a gun on the New Jersey Turnpike while returning to Maryland from New York on Thursday night, police said.
    "He told investigators that he was assaulted by the suspect and forced to drive to Crumpton," said Gregory Shipley of the Maryland State Police. "He said the suspect bound his feet and hands with duct tape before attacking his wife who had tried to flee the scene."
    LOTS of inconsistencies with this guy! He's navy.. stationed at PAX in Maryland. (He serves under my brother) When the police showed up on base the story was that Ryan and his wife were carjacked in DC. A big red flag with officials: Ryan was (and still is) officially on leave at the time. He actually showed up back to work on Friday, going about his work duties as if nothing was wrong... they found the duct tape in his possession.

According to my brother, he would not put it past Ryan committing murder.

ETA: sorry about the miss-spelling in the title! proofread the posting.. just not the title
    Justice for Britanee Drexel

I knew it as soon as I first read this story. Another stupid POS. Jeez.

I'm in MD, and when this story was on the local news, I immediately suspected it was the husband.

He claimed they were carjacked in NJ and he drove all the way to Maryland's Eastern Shore with the carjacker. Supposedly, the carjacker ordered them out in a very rural area, and taped the husband up. The wife ran and the carjacker chased her down, killed her, then took off in his car. He freed himself hours later and asked for help from a local resident. He was slightly injured, but she was stabbed to death and her body was left on the side of the road.

Hmmm....that's at least three hours in the car, and they traveled to the middle of nowhere when the carjacker decided to kick them out rather than stay on an interstate. He only had an arm wound but she was murdered.
    This doofus must believe all LE are slap stupid to use that stale story.

In addition to the couple having children who have now lost both parents, it really bothers me that he just dumped her along a rural road in a field. Just like Chris Coleman left his wife nude and face down or Gabe Watson left his wife on the bottom of the sea in Australia. The massive ego that makes these monsters think they can slaughter their wives, discard them like garbage and fool LE is something I can't fathom.
    pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me

This reminds me of that case and I can't remember the name of the man now. Grrrr.

It was Boston or maybe Baltimore? He shot his pregnant wife in the car and then shot himself (I think he did) and claimed that a man walked up to the car and did it.

I'm off to see if I can google that one.

ETA: Found it , happened in 1989. I remember when it happened. Charles Stewart murdered his wife and claimed a black assailant. Simular sort of...
    Last edited by Kat; 06-07-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: found it
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

This cra* never stops. Day after day,......The stoooopid thing is, they can't even think of *original* stories. They keep coming up with the same idiot scenarios, they left and someone killed their wife while they were gone, their wife went jogging, a car jacker killed the wife and the hubby only ends up with a superficial wound..............oh, and then there's she left with some unknown in an unknown car to go I don't know where and never came back........

Next will be that the wife had filed for divorce, there's $$ problems, there's a life insurance, there's another woman, man, or whatever...............one of or all of the mentioned......

They just don't get it. LE and the public is on to them......

JMHO
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    This reminds me of that case and I can't remember the name of the man now. Grrrr.

It was Boston or maybe Baltimore? He shot his pregnant wife in the car and then shot himself (I think he did) and claimed that a man walked up to the car and did it.

I'm off to see if I can google that one.

ETA: Found it , happened in 1989. I remember when it happened. Charles Stewart murdered his wife and claimed a black assailant. Simular sort of...
    I remember this murder and I remember thinking, as I was reading the newspaper story, that the husband did it. He blamed his wife's murder on an African-American man. The husband later committed suicide. I think the murder was committed outside a popular restaurant? It would've been their first child.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMama3 View Post
    In addition to the couple having children who have now lost both parents, it really bothers me that he just dumped her along a rural road in a field. Just like Chris Coleman left his wife nude and face down or Gabe Watson left his wife on the bottom of the sea in Australia. The massive ego that makes these monsters think they can slaughter their wives, discard them like garbage and fool LE is something I can't fathom.
    ~snipped by me~

and then to just go on to work as if nothing happened, when he's supposed to be on leave?! Number 1 flag after the act, IMO, is when they do not stick to their original story!
    Justice for Britanee Drexel

For God's sake people!

Yoo hoo, to all of you husbands & wives that are thinking about killing your spouse, listen to me carefully.

IF A WIFE OR HUSBAND IS KILLED, YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE LE SUSPECTS!

Are these murderers living under a rock or something? Geesh!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Here is an article with his booking photo. Sadly, the couple have children who are now left with no parents and in the care of relatives. What a waste.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2009/10077.shtml

"State Police investigators say Ryan Holness is currently a member of the United States Navy, assigned to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station. He and his wife have a home in Lexington Park, and travel to New York to visit relatives, as they were doing before they left for Maryland Thursday evening. The couple has been married since 2003. The couple has children, but they were not involved in this incident and are safe with other relatives."

Was waiting to read about his arrest, so sad but it seemed obvious to think he had done it, it is like an epidemic - domestic/family killings are just so prevalent, and more orphans left behind, damaged by this event forever,

I wonder if there is any research done on the effects of murders within a family, especially how it affects children

Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post

I wonder if there is any research done on the effects of murders within a family, especially how it affects children
    I can say without research that it does not affect children well.
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.

Just stop it, Casey.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by Aperture View Post
    Here is an article with his booking photo. Sadly, the couple have children who are now left with no parents and in the care of relatives. What a waste.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2009/10077.shtml

"State Police investigators say Ryan Holness is currently a member of the United States Navy, assigned to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station. He and his wife have a home in Lexington Park, and travel to New York to visit relatives, as they were doing before they left for Maryland Thursday evening. The couple has been married since 2003. The couple has children, but they were not involved in this incident and are safe with other relatives."
    Wow... that is an awfully big patch of facial hair for active duty!

http://www.wbaltv.com/video/19695545/index.html

The latest: he had a girlfriend who was pressuring him for a divorce! I'm shocked to my core.

If my link didn't work, the story is at www.wbalchannel.com.
    pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me

Quote Originally Posted by CatMama3 View Post
    http://www.wbaltv.com/video/19695545/index.html

The latest: he had a girlfriend who was pressuring him for a divorce! I'm shocked to my core.

If my link didn't work, the story is at www.wbalchannel.com.
    Sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all. Just another "genious" who thought he could dupe everyone else. Will these guys never learn? Don't they read or watch the news? Idiot. At least this one didn't kill his babies as well.

http://www.stardem.com/news/local_ne...db5b54146.html

The accomplice to a brutal 2009 murder in a Kent County farm field has been sentenced to 30 years in prison. Dellando Recardo Campbell, 32, of Lemoore, Calif., was sentenced Nov. 5 in federal court in Baltimore...

Ryan Holness, now 33, was convicted in 2011 of interstate violence resulting in the death of his wife Serika. He is serving a life sentence.