805 users online (117 members and 688 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Death toll of Day Care Center fire in Mexico rises to 38!

HERMOSILLO, Mexico (CNN) -- President Felipe Calderon traveled to Hermosillo on Saturday to meet with health officials as the death toll of a day care center fire there grew to 38 children. As of Saturday night, 23 children remained hospitalized, 15 of them in critical condition, Sonora spokesman Daniel Duran told CNN. Another 10 children had been transported to other hospitals: eight to Guadalajara, one to Ciudad Obregon, and one to Sacramento, California.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americ...ire/index.html

My heart and prayers go out to these little ones who were burned and to their families!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Heartbreaking!
    When Obama called on the SEALs, they answered the call and killed Bin Laden. When the SEALs called on Obama, he didn't answer, and they were killed.

I read this yesterday and it just tore me up inside! I cannot imagine what those poor parents are going through...and those kids, omg I can barely stand a tiny burn from the stove. They are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    Happy New Years

A heartbreaking story! I can't imagine the pain some of those children must be in. I'm curious, too, to hear just how that fire started. It says it didn't start INSIDE the daycare. Prayers for healing for all the families involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyPardonMe View Post
    HERMOSILLO, Mexico (CNN) -- President Felipe Calderon traveled to Hermosillo on Saturday to meet with health officials as the death toll of a day care center fire there grew to 38 children. As of Saturday night, 23 children remained hospitalized, 15 of them in critical condition, Sonora spokesman Daniel Duran told CNN. Another 10 children had been transported to other hospitals: eight to Guadalajara, one to Ciudad Obregon, and one to Sacramento, California.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americ...ire/index.html

My heart and prayers go out to these little ones who were burned and to their families!
    AMEN!
    and may a miracle come you way soon little ones!.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

Parents rammed cars into burning day care

Quote Originally Posted by Sheromom View Post
    A heartbreaking story! I can't imagine the pain some of those children must be in. I'm curious, too, to hear just how that fire started. It says it didn't start INSIDE the daycare. Prayers for healing for all the families involved.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americ...l?iref=topnews

I could not imagine the helplessness these parents felt. This is heart breaking.

the death toll was raised to 41.
    Last edited by jnTexas; 06-08-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo

I heard this on the news earlier, and it broke my heart. I can't even imagine what these families are going through. I pray for a full recovery for the children that are still in the hospital, and for strength for the families of those who have been effected by this horrible tragedy.

To all the children who lost their lives, rest in peace.

A very heartbreaking story Dolly and I hope those injured recovery quickly. The families must be at a total loss and my heart goes out to them. May the children R.I.P.

So sad.

Anyone know yet how the fire started?

Gozgals

Im also curious as to how many staff & teachers survived.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...