Death toll of Day Care Center fire in Mexico rises to 38!

DollyPardonMe

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
HERMOSILLO, Mexico (CNN) -- President Felipe Calderon traveled to Hermosillo on Saturday to meet with health officials as the death toll of a day care center fire there grew to 38 children. As of Saturday night, 23 children remained hospitalized, 15 of them in critical condition, Sonora spokesman Daniel Duran told CNN. Another 10 children had been transported to other hospitals: eight to Guadalajara, one to Ciudad Obregon, and one to Sacramento, California.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/06/06/mexico.day.care.fire/index.html

My heart and prayers go out to these little ones who were burned and to their families!

Heartbreaking!

I read this yesterday and it just tore me up inside! I cannot imagine what those poor parents are going through...and those kids, omg I can barely stand a tiny burn from the stove. They are all in my thoughts and prayers.

A heartbreaking story! I can't imagine the pain some of those children must be in. I'm curious, too, to hear just how that fire started. It says it didn't start INSIDE the daycare. Prayers for healing for all the families involved.

HERMOSILLO, Mexico (CNN) -- President Felipe Calderon traveled to Hermosillo on Saturday to meet with health officials as the death toll of a day care center fire there grew to 38 children. As of Saturday night, 23 children remained hospitalized, 15 of them in critical condition, Sonora spokesman Daniel Duran told CNN. Another 10 children had been transported to other hospitals: eight to Guadalajara, one to Ciudad Obregon, and one to Sacramento, California.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/06/06/mexico.day.care.fire/index.html

My heart and prayers go out to these little ones who were burned and to their families!

AMEN!
and may a miracle come you way soon little ones!. :(

I heard this on the news earlier, and it broke my heart. I can't even imagine what these families are going through. I pray for a full recovery for the children that are still in the hospital, and for strength for the families of those who have been effected by this horrible tragedy.

To all the children who lost their lives, rest in peace. :rose:

A very heartbreaking story Dolly and I hope those injured recovery quickly. The families must be at a total loss and my heart goes out to them. May the children R.I.P.

So sad.

Anyone know yet how the fire started?

Gozgals

Im also curious as to how many staff & teachers survived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back