TX - Kelsey Jeter, 12, stabbed to death, Hillsboro, 5 June 2009

How horrible for those two girls! I'm glad one is still alive but what will this do to her mentally?

It is a chilling account of a Hill County mother's murderous act against her two daughters. The 9-1-1 call between 33-year-old Debra Jeter and a dispatcher was released Wednesday - one day after the mother pleaded guilty to murder.
In the small town of Hillsboro, the murder of a child and attempted murder of another, hits close to home for everyone. Investigators are hoping Jeter's phone call brings closure to these residents.

http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=12550283

1 child was killed, and 1 child survived, and is now struggling to deal with the pain her mother inflicted on her!

This case was covered by NG tonight. Listening to the 911 tapes just made me sick sick sick!!! This woman is now serving life in prison.

I saw this on Nancy Grace tonight and heard the 911 calls. I'm beyond shocked!

I also saw this on NG tonight and thought it happened recently in the news. Texas is a death penalty state..Does anyone know why this vicious, excuse for a mother didn't get the lethal injection????

I saw this on Nancy Grace tonight and heard the 911 calls. I'm beyond shocked!

I'm right with you...

At the 30 second mark on the 911 call where she quickly says "Come on. Hurry up." she almost sounds like she is taunting the 911 operator and is impatiently playing a game of moves. I can not get that sound byte out of my head... :(

From today's Hillsboro Reporter:

Jeter Case Comes To Close With Plea Deal

A case that has gripped Hillsboro and the surrounding area for nearly a year quietly came to a close Tuesday afternoon, May 25, as capital-murder and attempted capital-murder suspect Debra Janelle Jeter entered guilty pleas in 66th District Court.
The final pre-trial hearing on her cases had been scheduled to be conducted, but the defendant chose to accept plea deals proposed by the district attorney’s office.
According to Assistant District Attorney Nicole Crain, the death penalty remained on the table for Mrs. Jeter if the defendant had chosen not to accept the plea agreements.
For the compete story, see the Thursday, May 27, edition of The Reporter Newspaper.

Guess we need to buy the newspaper for complete story..I'm going to keep searching...

It sounds like they are sparing her surviving daughter the trauma of having to testify against her monstermom!

Per KWTX.com

She was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole after entering the guilty plea Tuesday in a deal that spared her the possibility of a death sentence and spared her surviving daughter from the trauma of having to testify.

Once she’s turned over to prison officials Thursday, she’ll be searched, photographed, fingerprinted and given clothing and a physical examination.

She’ll also undergo an initial psychological screening as part of a diagnostic process that lasts for several weeks, after which she’ll be assigned to a specific prison unit.

When I heard the 911 calls last night, it made me sick inside. How could a mother do that and then be so callous about it. It was like she was reporting a stolen bike or something, not the murder of her precious girls.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Hillsboro.murder.debra.2.1034235.html

I can't begin to imagine what these girls had to go through. She told them she had a surprise for them. I am so sick of reading these stories, I will never understand the evil in some people. I am praying for the 13 year old, I hope she will pull through.

I'm right with you...

At the 30 second mark on the 911 call where she quickly says "Come on. Hurry up." she almost sounds like she is taunting the 911 operator and is impatiently playing a game of moves. I can not get that sound byte out of my head... :(

I saw NG last night too and could not believe my ears. When I saw this thread with the date of June 2009,
I was :waitasec: as I thought it was 'breaking news'.
I'm glad the sister survived. I sure hope she is being cared for by a loving person.

The 911 operator asked the killer her name and she replied "I don't want to tell you my name." ????
In the meantime, she's says "hurry up" and I think she called the operator (who was being really patient) a "b*tch".
Did she think the authorities would not find out her name when they got there? :crazy: What causes a person to be crazy like this?

Nancy and her peeps were throwing around the word bi-polar. Please tell me people with bi-polar are not like this woman.
This is simply out of your mind crazy and evil (not like having mood and temperment issues). Terrible!

It sounds like they are sparing her surviving daughter the trauma of having to testify against her monstermom!

Per KWTX.com

She was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole after entering the guilty plea Tuesday in a deal that spared her the possibility of a death sentence and spared her surviving daughter from the trauma of having to testify.

Once she’s turned over to prison officials Thursday, she’ll be searched, photographed, fingerprinted and given clothing and a physical examination.

She’ll also undergo an initial psychological screening as part of a diagnostic process that lasts for several weeks, after which she’ll be assigned to a specific prison unit.

That poor girl (or lucky depending on how you look at it) may just as well accept that her mother is a lunatic and move on with her life. It's not her fault.

It's hard to believe that the girl's testimony would be required in this case. Something IS wrong with our system if that's the case imo.
The mother called in her own crime to 911, the police arrived and found what they found. A case like this is clear as to what happened just not why it happened I guess.
Geesh!

bi polar can be controlled with meds, so even if she's bi polar, did she stop taking her meds?

I saw NG last night too and could not believe my ears. When I saw this thread with the date of June 2009,
I was :waitasec: as I thought it was 'breaking news'.
I'm glad the sister survived. I sure hope she is being cared for by a loving person.

The 911 operator asked the killer her name and she replied "I don't want to tell you my name." ????
In the meantime, she's says "hurry up" and I think she called the operator (who was being really patient) a "b*tch".
Did she think the authorities would not find out her name when they got there? :crazy: What causes a person to be crazy like this?

Nancy and her peeps were throwing around the word bi-polar. Please tell me people with bi-polar are not like this woman.
This is simply out of your mind crazy and evil (not like having mood and temperment issues). Terrible!

My mom is bipolar and she told me as much as she thought about hurting herself at times she never thought about hurting me or my brother.

I saw this for the first time too last night and thought it was something new. I was heartbroken to see pictures of that poor little girl, my oldest will be 12 in August and I can't imagine what she went through.

bi polar can be controlled with meds, so even if she's bi polar, did she stop taking her meds?

My mom is bipolar and she told me as much as she thought about hurting herself at times she never thought about hurting me or my brother.

I saw this for the first time too last night and thought it was something new. I was heartbroken to see pictures of that poor little girl, my oldest will be 12 in August and I can't imagine what she went through.

But I never thought that bipolar makes people killers. I can understand why someone would get frustrated with theirself but to compare this woman with someone who is bipolar is unfair, no?

Maybe I'm thinking about Manic, is that the same/similar? I'll have to read up on what bipolar is exactly. How does a basic bipolar person act without medicine?
What would be some telling signs and how does it differ from a manic state?

I had to shut off Nancy Grace last night. Could not take it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back