PA PA - Wilkinsburg, BlkFem 18-35, UP2670, under debris in basement, "Fubu" jeans, braided hair, Jun'99

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09158/975661-455.stm

Sunday, June 07, 2009

...The badly decomposed body of the first, a slight woman identified only as 03-5925, was pulled from the Allegheny River near the Fox Chapel Yacht Club on Oct. 24, 2003. Her remains were wrapped in a blue blanket bound with duct tape. A plastic bag covered her head.

The mummified remains of another, 00-4395, were discovered Oct. 3, 2000, in an abandoned railroad tunnel in Homestead. A stainless steel crown affixed to one of her teeth resembled those made in Eastern Europe.

The third, 99-2629, was a homicide victim found June 28, 1999, in the storm cellar of an empty house in Wilkinsburg. She had been strangled...

...who they were remains a mystery, even as the county prepares to finally lay them to rest.

Victim number one:
www.doenetwork.org/cases/202ufpa.html

Victim number two:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/143ufpa.html

Victim number three:
www.doenetwork.org/cases/397ufpa.html

What a shame that they haven't been identified.

Victim number one:
www.doenetwork.org/cases/202ufpa.html

It says her age range is 20-45 but the reconstruction looks to me like she's the older end of the age range rather than 20. I wonder how accurate that is.

Victim number two:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/143ufpa.html

If she was a recent immigrant it may be there were not many people to miss her, or they may have thought she returned to her native country.

Victim number three:
www.doenetwork.org/cases/397ufpa.html

It says the local fingerprint records were checked but no results. Does it mean no national databases were consulted?

I agree Donjeta, it's a shame. I know that many members here donate their time and energy to matching IUD's to Missing Persons that have been reported.

That's not my forte, although I am interested. I wanted to bring these ladies here in case someone wishes to later work on their identifications.

On namus it says that the basement door "was found to have been nailed shut from the inside". If she was murdered, how did the killer get out of the basement if it was nailed shut from the inside? Also it says that she was found "at the base of the storm door stairs". Again, if she was murdered, the only plausible explanation was that she was pushed down the stairs. Idk.. Just my opinion.

On namus it says that the basement door "was found to have been nailed shut from the inside". If she was murdered, how did the killer get out of the basement if it was nailed shut from the inside? Also it says that she was found "at the base of the storm door stairs". Again, if she was murdered, the only plausible explanation was that she was pushed down the stairs. Idk.. Just my opinion.

The body was largely skeletonized and the soft tissue had mummified, hindering the investigation, Schurman said. Investigators believe the body might have been in the home for six months to a year before it was discovered. Duct tape was wrapped around her neck.
Welcome

As far as her killer getting out of the cellar - the cellar steps were behind the house (accessed from outside). The killer probably left by steps up into the house and out the front (or back) door.

I used to have pics of the house (which has since been demolished), the stairs, etc but not on this laptop. :(
I'm going to have to check my old laptop and see if they're in there.

I believe this is a case we could work on. There are so many missing young women. We could start by looking at women who went missing in the mid to late 90's, from other states besides Pennsylvania, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back